SOTD: Saturday 15 July - Friday 21 July 2023.

Hot shower with Signature Soaps body soap.
Yaqi Green Viper Boar.
Muhle Rocca R94
NOS GSB (5) I'm not enjoying this GSB as much as other GSB blades I've used previously. It's shaving well while using but giving a bit of skin prickle n sting with the Alum afterwards.
Signature Soaps Eboracum
Nivea Balm
Cien Hyaluronic Acid moisturiser.
Signature Soaps Novus Spice AS splash.
IMG_20230718_181946.jpg

20230718_200918.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm
Brush Highlander white synthetic brush.
Soap Rougue
Razor Stainless Steel Mongoose.
Blade Feather Pro.
I decided to swap the handle to the Dr Bomber, that's thinner to see how the razor performed with my baby hands. I also popped out my Feather Pro blade from my Hawk and switched them over.
The shave was amazing , the handle seems to make it feel more nimble but will know better in a few more shaves.
I am now smoother than the thigh of a Cuban Virgin that's rolling cigars.
Have a nice night folks.

Fatip Piccolo :: Statum blade (1) :: Semogue SOC boar brush :: MWF/Kent soap :: Lea splash
IMG_20230718_124610.jpg
A second shave with the Fatip razor... much better than the first time, but for me it still had too much blade feel for its efficiency. An acceptable result, a lot of sting, but actually not much irritation. I am quite sure it's user error, but my other razors work much better for me. (Incidentally, if any of you folk who actually read this would like the razor, give me a ping..)
Have a good one, chaps!

SOTN (Head & Face)

Face - Yaqi Sentinel, MacDuffs Birth if the Cool (soap & splash), Rapira Platinum Lux
Head - Leaf razor, Mitchell's Wool Fat, Treet Platinum saloon blades
Captain's Choice Obsidian bowl (for loading the MacDuffs)
Alpha Outlaw brush (G5D knot)
HoM Permafrost synthetic coolant
La Roche Posay B5 Balm

1000005485.jpg

Razor =1956 Gillette Red Tip
Blade = Gillette Spoiler ( USA ). ( 1 ).
Brush = Vintage Grey Box Simpsons 20mm in Best
Soap = B&M Saville with matching splash & balm
View attachment 108956
First Shave back on home soil & it just feels so much better,
As normal when i’m away i return to a few gifts from the wife.
This one obviously needs no introduction but it’s a first for me.
Iv been meaning to get this soap for 2 years ish but i keep forgetting for one reason or another and to be honest it was worth the wait,
A real top performer with my face feeling lush.
As far as vintage razors go i don’t use them enough and this is one of my favourites paired with the spoiler it was a match made in heaven.
love it love it love it
That brush is a stunner too.

Tuesday 18th July

AIL4fc9f_g0FdZKewhwOzoXSftLsR1oXAINMl1rUzu8i96wXyknXICGJoT6EvfFN6uvOQKgLpDL2sgC577AqaCzQSYAZy8f57JfqKOT8k81WT1jLM-Y509qCBkJcCn_--lgjQ1Lf13tT-9uU1I9dQD209Al12g=w800

Wilkinson Sword (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & Wilkinson Sword Synthetic Shaving Brush
Lord L5 & Racer Stainless (3)
Drakkar Noir Aftershave

Same again.

19 July

Speick Men Stick
Simpson Duke 3
Henson AL13 M
Feather Hi-Stainless
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

0780BEFF-0BAE-47C5-8FC8-EDB549F4F4C1.jpeg
Something different today. I haven’t travelled for years, but, I took the Speick stick (tallow) out of the back of the cupboard for a run. I rubbed it into the decent amount of stubble I had this morning and the Duke produced enough rich lather for two good passes. For me the stick is not the quickest way to shave but the three sticks that I have all produce the goods. A good little shave.

Monday evening's shave. Life is back to normal and the usual late arrival. I put it down to the mental trauma I went through and at least I can now make you share the torture as you read this rubbish. So this one comes in pixilated form and the theme, 'AI'

20230717_204947.jpg

Artificial razor - Ikon B1
Not a real blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
A brush in non reality format - Yaqi Moka
Pretend soap - MDC Agrume
Computer generated moisturiser - Pure
ScentGPT - Eau Sauvage

'Oh my God! No no no. That is not what I requested'

A computer generated shave where I believed I'd had a shave whereas in fact I hadn't. The easiest way to wet shave. Go on ChatGPT and ask 'Make me shaved'. And by fuck, I was. I really must ask 'Give me the best sex in the world' and then I can sleep through all the fuss and wake up feeling ultimately pleasured. Life is simple. But not as simple as me apparently.

A tremendous turn out for the Ikon (Then again it only does tremendous) with the Wizamet. What a super duper combination. The MDC doing what the MDC does best, create one of the finest lathers you could ever wish for. Does anyone ever get to the bottom of a jar?

The Moka is not top of the brushes in my charts but it does an acceptable job with a hard soap in a kind of way. Otherwise all a bit scritchy if such a descriptive exists and never feels comfortable on the face. In a similar manner as to how Mrs Satanfriendly feels about me in her life. Scitchy and uncomfortable?

Still, a really first class finish even if it wasn't for real. But if this is AI then I'm all for having an artificial life. Oh, I already do

Have some non existent Japanese ladies to sing you out of this SOTD. And a new find......and probably the last time I use them as well.....

IMG_2471.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Brush: Mühle Sophist STF 23mm
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Arran Aromatics Lochranza
Aftershave: Bart’s Ben Vrackie (Unscented)
Additional Care: Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Peppermint, Lavender and Tea Tree Essential Oils
Fragrance: Arran Aromatics 'Lochranza' EDT

Head and face shave this morning. I’ve come to the conclusion that my perfect setup for shaving my head is MWF, Edwin Jagger 25mm STF and Leaf Razor so will use that every time and won’t record it on SOTD.

Thoroughly enjoyed using the Arran Aromatics 'Lochranza', I also have the Machrie soap and prefer the scent on that but this one is also very nice and growing on me. Superb performance, takes quite a bit of water and leaves my face feeling moisturised but not greasy.

Back
Top Bottom