SOTD: Saturday 15 July - Friday 21 July 2023.

32EA1141-51CB-4441-B309-89BD45863325.jpeg

Simpson Chubby 1 Super
Schick Krona
Wizamet S.I. (3)
OSP Fougere
Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel
D.R. Harris Arlington a/s

I underloaded the brush somewhat, and was subsequently left with a thin layer for the last pass. No problem for the Krona, a wonderful mild and efficient razor. My new favourite in that regard along with my Sticky.

Wonderful, enjoy yours gents.

Monday 17th July

AIL4fc9f_g0FdZKewhwOzoXSftLsR1oXAINMl1rUzu8i96wXyknXICGJoT6EvfFN6uvOQKgLpDL2sgC577AqaCzQSYAZy8f57JfqKOT8k81WT1jLM-Y509qCBkJcCn_--lgjQ1Lf13tT-9uU1I9dQD209Al12g=w800

Wilkinson Sword (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & Wilkinson Sword Synthetic Shaving Brush
Lord L5 & Racer Platinum (3)
Drakkar Noir Aftershave

Beginning a Wilkinson Sword week ... with Lord, being the spirital successor.

When I did my not so recent run-through the Lord blades, I used a number of razors to evaluate the blades but it was not until the end (or perhaps even afterwards) when I used this apparently cheap Lord razor. I regretted not using it sooner, if not through the whole range, because it really is a good razor! On the face of it, it does look like a Sterling but weighing the head and plate against the Sterling it is considerably more solid. The shave experience is better, too; where the Sterling can be a bit rough and ready or with a kind of rawness, the Lord is not ... it's far more like somewhere between the late Gillette Tech and the Star/Personna/PAL three piece razor.

Finishing off a string of part-used blades from that run-through it's the Racer Platinum today and Stainless tomorrow with the ASCO Platinum and Stainless the days after. I'll see what I fancy Friday, Saturday & Sunday. If you were interested in reading my thoughts on the Lord blades, here's a refresher: https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/house-of-lords.58333/

Fun to use the (new) Wilkinson Sword brush whose fibre is much akin to Omega S-Brush, but it is a bit thin/sparse. I do wish it was a bit girthier. The soap is indeed a vintage shaving bowl, and while it is black it's not the current black bowl - it was the one with the green strip around that predated the blue bowl. It's a damn sight better than the blue bowl and also the current black bowl.

For folks that enjoy reading lines of ingredients, here's the details:

Black Bowl (Vintage) w/Green Strip:
Aqua, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Cocoate, Glycerin, Parfum, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Stearic Acid, Diethylhexyl Sodium Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Benzoate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Dimethicone, Ethylparaben

Blue Bowl:
Aqua, Stearic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Cocos Nucifera, Parfum, Coconut Acid, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Diethylhexyl Sodium Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Benzoate, Ethylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Dimethicone, Amyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene & Linalool

Black Bowl (Current):
Aqua, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Cocos Nucifera Oil, Coconut Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Parfum, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Ethylparaben, Diethylhexyl Sodium Sulfosuccinate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Amyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool

Have a great week, folks!

IMG_2151.jpeg
SOTD: 17/07/2023

Razor: Merkur Futur Clone
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 2nd use
Brush: Highlander “Azzuri” Custom Brush Boti 4th Gen Pink 3 Color Synthetic Knot
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Lothur Oregon Croap
Aftershave: Lothur Oregon Aftershave
Balm: Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba Balm
Fragrance: PAA Awesome Sauce EdP

There’s a reason I don’t use this razor very much, it varies between great shave and a little rough to easily, and today was one of those days.

Tue 18
Soap & Aftershave The Goodfellas Smile Sea Citrus
Brush Yaqi 24mm Atlantis
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade JAWS Platinum 3rd
The lather was epic and slick, whip-up nicely by the excellent brush. The soap & splash smells great!
This razor and blade pairing was very good. 3 smooth, efficient, and comfortable passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230718_090348.jpg

rVgzc7O.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Soap: Ariana & Evans Barbiere Sofisticato
Razor: Wolfman WR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Ultra Platinum (Made in Holland) (5)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Alpa Windsor Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Morgan's Vintage 1873 EdC

The penultimate barrette of (my precious) Valobra Glicerlanolina has emerged from the shelf and entered use.

SOTD: 18th July 2023.

7.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Brush: Omega S10018.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Omega Eucalyptus Shaving Cream.
Razor: Parker 24C.- Personna Comfort Coated. (D3)
Razor: Parker InjRzr. (Head/Dome) (Settings) 4-wtg. 4-xtg/atg.+pick-ups. - Personna Injector PTFE. (D6)

Cold water Face & Head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Arko Cool AS-Cologne.+ ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning face & head shave,

The Omega shaving cream created a slick protective lather, with a good kick from the Eucalyptus oil to give my ageing face & head sensors a vibrant early morning wakeup call!

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Arko Cool ASB.

My face is feeling cool smooth, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
17.7.23 Head and face shave

Giles Shaving Bowl
Razor: Leaf (head)
Blade: Astra SP
Razor: Blackland Era (Level 4 SB) face
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Edwin Jagger 25mm Horn STF
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: TOBS Sandalwood Herbal
Aftershave: TOBS Sandalwood
Additional Care: Bart’s Ben Vrackie (Unscented)

Bit late posting but better late than never and will try to get back to posting SOTD photos again tonight.

My mate dropped off a 30ml bottle of TOBS Sandalwood aftershave as he found the scent too strong for him. I’m not really one for aftershaves as I find them too drying for my skin and prefer to use my own witch hazel recipe but this is the no alcohol version and very nice it is too. I think I’ll use it more during the colder months as I prefer citrus or marine scents during the warmer weather.

Razor = Occam’s Oren ***
Blade = Kai Titan Yellow ( 6 )
Brush = Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm
Cream = Truefitt & Hill 1805
Splash = Nivea 2 Phase
Balm = Nivea Fresh Kick
IMG_1654.jpegWell nothing very exciting my last shave in Indonesia,
I’m actually home now after 2 days of travelling yippee.
This jobs been a tough one,
34 degrees heat with 75% Humidity,
Body soaking wet for 12 hours,
Anyway i shouldn’t moan iv got it all to do again in 3 weeks.
The shave was very simplistic but everything just works,
It’s going to take me a couple of days to catch up with all iv missed on here.
i’m now looking forward to shave woth some new goodies

Tuesday 18 July

Time to start giving my injector razors a run out. What better way to start today by using Big Daddy, or the Schick F type as it’s more commonly known. It’s a timeless beauty and is very tactile with the aluminium handle and copper head. Wasn’t sure about the SUPPLY blade as it had been in the razor for quite a while. But it was used before only once and was clean so why not?
ToBs sandalwood cream soap smells wonderful but it’s lather doesn’t seem to have much body maybe because of the hard water here although it didn’t dry too quickly on my skin like some of my other soaps.
2 passes and pick ups did the job, bbs and no irritation or blood loss. Slap on the 4711 and bliss ensues!
Have a fine day fellas.

IMG_0185.jpeg

18/07/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Simpson Wee Scot Best Badger
Soap - Palmolive Stick "Pipe-bomb"
Razor - PILS 101 NE Std Matt "Thor's Hammer"
Blade - Kai DE Stainless
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Avon Shaving Brush "Wild Country"
Wk 29 (4).jpg
A very nice shave.
The wee scot really does astonish me each time i use it, today i rubbed on the soap-stick so i had a thin coating of soap on the stubble then set about face lathering with this tiny brush, dipping the tips and building the lather, yes, it takes time, however, i was rewarded with a wonderfully thick covering and the brush bursting to capacity with plenty held in reserve. The brush managed to hold enough for 3 full passes, i painted the face at the start of the 2nd pass then tip dipping and building the lather to the right consistency, on the 3rd passes i painted on what was in the bristles then gently squeezed the knot bringing the trapped lather from deep within, this was also painted on then tip, dip and build using the tips only producing enough for the 3rd pass, no waste whatsoever. Brilliant and very satisfactory.
A nice post shave, again the Vintage splash is running very low in this bottle.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom