SOTD: Saturday 15 July - Friday 21 July 2023.

SOTD 17-Jul
20230716_164447-01.jpeg
Brush: Highlander Chubby
Soap: DG Cerberus
Razor: CG Level 3
Blade: Wizamet

Cracking shave, the Cerberus scent is perhaps a little much for today but I needed a collaboration set for the main theme of the day, fingers crossed it covers it.

There was a challenge around Osma, other alum or saying why you don't put salt on your skin. I should have gone for the third option. If any razor in my collection could benefit from alum to let me know whether I've mucked up its this or the dart. Today though, very little and an exceedingly smooth finish, so I'll call it a success.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

SOTD 20230717.
e1jSc20.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (red).
Semogue SOC.
Proraso shaving cream (red).
Vintage "Sunrise" razor.
Polsilver Super Iridium (2).
Colonel Ichibad Conk "Santa Fe Cedar" ASB.

17 July

Wickham 1912 Magnum
Simpson Chubby 2
Gillette Adjustable E4
Gillette Silver Blue
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

7BE0EB16-F14B-4E2E-A5F9-1D637066A884.jpeg
An excellent lather, Magnum and Chubby working well together to make a luxurious lather, and the Gillette pairing smooth enough and close enough on setting five. More than good enough.

17/07/23
Pre - Shower
Brush - Erasmic 26mm Shavers delight Tuxedo knot
Soap - La Toja stick
Razor - Blackland Tradere
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Avon Siege Cannon " Spicy"
Wk 29 (3).jpg
Another soon to be discontinued classic, its a shame really as the Tradere is a great shaver, it may be a bit on the large side for some people, however, i like it.
The La Toja stick used crayon style produced more than enough lather for 3 passes, even though i could have got away with 2 with some touch up i completed a full 3rd pass.
A nice post shave finishing with the vintage Avon splash, not a lot of this one left.
I did enjoy that.
Happy Anniversary to you both @Johnny Bravo
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
It’s a magnificent razor! What kind of angle suited you? I must say I never really “think” about the angle, I just seem to fall into one that works.
Got be honest @OrangeSport i didn't take much noticed, as you say i just dropped down from riding the cap until i found the angle that wasn't harsh, so just off the cap i reckon.
I don't think it will be in the den long, its just not for me as an overall package.

I didn't notice the pattern till just now but today I wore a lime green polo shirt, drank water all day with a slice of lime in and then chose Nanny's Veritas Vincet lime shaving soap.
Intentionally I chose C&E West Indian Limes balm to finish.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Mk. I Adjustable 195 'Fatboy' (1960)
Blade: Personna Lab Blue/Med Prep
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Nanny's Silly Soap Veritas Vincet - Lime
Additional Care:
Crabtree and Evelyn West Indian Limes balm

Back
Top Bottom