SOTD: Saturday 15 July - Friday 21 July 2023.

SOTD 15-Jul
20230714_084025.jpg
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Boti Chubby
Soap: B&M Le Grand Chypre
Razor: Fuck knows, but never again
Blade: London Bridge

That was not a good shave this morning, there's a hardware scavenger hunt through this whole thing, and one of those is a coloured razor. So grabbed one my Mrs has tried out but didn't get on with (luckily it didn't put her off and she uses the leaf), but I can see why she didn't get on with it. Bloody horrible, sounded like a buzz saw and about as effective as a sponge. Wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy...koraat tomorrow so it'll be a hell of a lot better!

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
Thia 365 blade makes no reference to Gillette and is a decent performer for the first pass or so. It seems to taper off a bit by the second and third but is still a good budget blade.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: 365 Stainless (vintage, non-Gillette)
Brush: Vulfix 404 "The Grosvenor"
Lather: Crabtree and Evelyn Sienna
Aftershave: Superdrug Forest Fresh https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/64b2df417561cd6e4045f5c7

Saturday 15th July

AIL4fc-xs-lAOliLrN5YCgwkJywUjXaEuzpPq8qWi-7lKjM4tiniJSM4cUsBUz9bIM8DKDXKVn4dT0m2Q58VpqaHoWaVwsS3Qr9X2p5basBW9WEp-35tqpdhb3Lu40bwYFk_44I8D-2jb2zSe925QSJYITZT_g=w800

Speick (Tallow) Shaving Stick & Omega 10108 Pure Bristle 27mm
Muhle Rocca Jet & Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (2)
Speick Aftershave

SOTD: 16th July 2023.

6.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush:Yaqi 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: The Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe softening shaving cream.
Blade: Personna Comfort Coated. (D2)
Razor: Parker 24C.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Brut ASL./ Wilko Men's Moisturiser.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

I have mentioned on many occasions that The Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe shaving cream never fails to provided me with a smooth protective slick lather in no time leaving a superb post shave feel....This cream gives the best protective slickness, and post shave feel that I have had from any shaving cream that i have tried to date...Superb Stuff!

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Wilko Men's Moisturiser.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
After my excellent shave yesterday with my recently acquired near wedge, there was almost nothing to shave. But we do this for pleasure, not out of necessity, and today is Sunday anyway. This Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink is on its 6th run and still performing great as you expect from AC. I do enjoy this V3A, not least the solid heft of the stainless and of course the smooth, easily manoeuvrable head. I'm enjoying the fresh scent of E&S Oasis. I need to find a suitable aftershave to go with it, most of my choices are a world away from this marine scent. Hollister Wave fits the bill best out of what I have.
20230716_090405.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom