SOTD: Saturday 15 July - Friday 21 July 2023.

SOTD: 15th July 2023.

5.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Cella Extra Extra Bio Organic Aloe Vera Shaving Cream.
Razor: Parker 24C. - Personna Comfort Coated. (D1)
Razor: Parker InjRzr. (Head/Dome) (Settings) 4-wtg. 4-xtg/atg.+pick-ups. - Personna Injector PTFE. (D5)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./ Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Cella Bio Organic Aloe Vera ASL./Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

Greetings,

Another new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend...Carrying on with my Parker razor focus using the Parker 24C which I haven't used for some time.

Open comb razors have a reputation of been aggressive, they can be, but any razor can if not treated with respect which can lead to a horrible wet shaving experience. I find open comb razors very smooth & efficient,and match up really well with de blades, the only thing which iIfind you have to do with the parker 24C as I do with all my parker razors is to apply a steeper shaving angle.

The Parker 24C like all of the Parker razors I own has a good heft to it, but is well balanced and feels good in my hand.

The Cella extra extra Bio shaving cream provided a wonderful this vegan version is equally as good to it's tallow sibling and like the tallow version it's slick protective and doesn't dry out and leaves your skin feeling hydrated and smooth. The mild-light fresh & Citrusy ASL is very pleasing leaving a good post shave feel.

Another close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth cool and smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Sat 15
Cream Vi-John Icy Mint
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Lakeside Cutlery Chicago, ILL
Aftershave Velva Ice Blue
1st use of this very affordable shave cream found locally. The lather is really slick, the scent is very mild but pleasant with a light cooling sensation. A very enjoyable shave with this excellent razor still with the seller's jnat edge. Stropped on the Kanayama, 3 buttery smooth and crisply keen passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230715_132951.jpg

15 July

PAA Solstice
PAA The Green Ray
Gillette Adjustable E4
Gillette Silver Blue
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

A60970A8-1A76-43B1-BD3E-FA4D6F12972B.jpeg
The PAA soap and brush worked well together to produce a fabulous lather. The Gillette pairing worked well enough to produce a good two pass shave, but, it felt a little agricultural compared to the shave over the last few days with the Vector.

Saturday 15th July
Triceratops 3D - GEM Stainless Coated #8 - Yaqi Robin - Palmolive Stick - Irisch Moos AS - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20230712-100932-01.jpg

15/07/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger - #1
Soap - Derby shave stick
Razor - Feather WS-D2
Blade - Kai DE Stainless
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck - Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - Copycat Just Neroli
Wk 29 (1).jpg
The WS-D2 and Kai combo work really well for me, giving the "mild" but efficient razor a little more umph!
The cheap Derby soap does not really get much of a showing in SOTD's, it produces a great lather albeit with a neroli scent which i know is not everyone's "Cuppa-tea". I actually quite like the scent, maybe a tiny bit lighter than the Arko soap.
3 very comfortable passes for a very enjoyable shave.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

20230715_112141.jpg

Preshave - Founders Reserve Oil (Eco Warrior*)
Razor - Razorine Flatboy
Blade - Tiger Platinum
Brush - TSC Best Badger
Lather - Eco Warrior (Nivea Liquid Cream*)
Splash - Proraso Red

Two new products to try today. I had heard "mixed" reviews of both, at best. I was actually very happy with the Tiger blade, at least in this razor. No problems at all.

20230715_112423.jpg

The shaving bar was less successful. Admittedly it doesn't say it can be brushed into a lather, and when I did it disappeared pretty quickly. For the second pass I just rubbed it in as a preshave and used the Nivea to build a lather. That worked fine and I think that's what I'll use this for - a preshave. I won't buy it again though.

20230715_112314.jpg

Ended up with a close, smooth and comfortable shave.

Saturday 15 July

As a dedicated disciple of all things Gillette I was pleased to take possession recently of a neat Tuckaway set courtesy of and many thanks to @pjgh. Dates from mid 20s so not far short of a century. Longevity indeed. I’ll probably have to include all these old razors in my will.
The old theme continued with my silver Edwardian, synthetic re-knot. The Bay Rum soap from Glasgow Soap Company.
Gillette blade natch!
The soap has a strongish scent but gives a mild irritation to my delicate epidermis, although overall I love it.
2 passes, attention to pick ups and never a hint of impending laceration, so job completed very much to my satisfaction.
Gillette, you are my favourite, although I do have room for Schick, GEM, Ever Ready, Wolfman, Tatara, Rex, ………..:ROFLMAO:

Have a great weekend fellas!

IMG_0177.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom