SOTD: Saturday 15 July - Friday 21 July 2023.

18 July

Pannacrema Nuàvia Blu
Yaqi Dandelion
Henson AL13 M
Feather Hi-Stainless
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

C2741960-D8F9-4C3E-8114-83837B32C943.jpeg
It’s interesting comparing the vintage Gillette from yesterday with the very modern Henson this morning. The Henson is more comfortable and lighter than the Gillette, but, they are not a world apart in efficiency. A wonderful lather and a comfortable two passes. The scent of Nuàvia Blu is wonderful.

Second time with the Personna Blue and second time I've had a better shave with the Pearl than with the trusty Fatboy! The other blade where that happened was Vikings Sword.

Nearly used up the Shaving Shop gel. Most of the smell has disappeared except the witch hazel.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Pearl Flexi V5
Blade: Personna Lab Blue/Med Prep
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Nanny's Cream of the Croap Moroccan Sands
Aftershave: Taylors of Old Bond Street Shaving Shop https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/64b6b0e17561cd6e4045f8a4

6223FCC6-457B-42A8-8279-EF99402DF7D6.JPG

Trying out this blade that is rumored to be produced in the Shanghai Gillette plant. It shaved very similar to what I remember the Chinese Gillette Wilkinson Sword shaved like so it is possible ( perhaps ). Either way it handed out a comfortable and fairly efficient shave in a mild razor so I was happy with it, and the packaging is fabulous. The wax paper is printed and shows a Gillette Vector razor and some ( what I take to be Chinese) script that I can't read.

Trumper's Lime is always a treat and I finished with some Clubman Citrus Musk to keep that lime theme going. It's a simple gem of an AS.

View attachment 108952

Trying out this blade that is rumored to be produced in the Shanghai Gillette plant. It shaved very similar to what I remember the Chinese Gillette Wilkinson Sword shaved like so it is possible ( perhaps ). Either way it handed out a comfortable and fairly efficient shave in a mild razor so I was happy with it, and the packaging is fabulous. The wax paper is printed and shows a Gillette Vector razor and some ( what I take to be Chinese) script that I can't read.

Trumper's Lime is always a treat and I finished with some Clubman Citrus Musk to keep that lime theme going. It's a simple gem of an AS.
I bought a pack of these blades about ten years ago. Decent blade.
Would also have to agree with you on Trumpers Limes. The first 'posh' cream I bought and have fond memories. Used to be able to get it locally in an independent department store, but sadly not anymore.

I bought a pack of these blades about ten years ago. Decent blade.
Would also have to agree with you on Trumpers Limes. The first 'posh' cream I bought and have fond memories. Used to be able to get it locally in an independent department store, but sadly not anymore.
I get along very well with all the Trumper's creams. GFT is still my favorite, followed by Eucris, but the Lime is nothing to sneeze at.

The blade was good without being great, but I shave with a lot of Polsilvers, so everything sort of gets compared to them. This one shaved well enough that I wouldn't mind having a tuck or two in the collection.

18/7/23

Pre - Palmolive
Soap - Proraso Green
Brush - Yaqi Mew Brown 24mm
Razor/Blade #1 - Yaqi Katana/Lord Classic Stainless Saloon Blade (1)
Razor/Blade #2 - Gillette Slim Twist/Dorco Titan (3)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Brut Oceans

5 days worth of growth, so back to the Yaqi Katana. It's an aggressive beast, so something a bit milder for the second pass. The Slim Twist is quickly becoming one of my favourite razors, mild but just efficient enough.

A lovely shave, and my face is feeling delightfully smooth.

Have a good day gents.

IMG_20230718_165112.jpg

SOTD 18-Jul
20230717_092907.jpg
Brush: Simpson M7
Soap: A&E Revolution
Razor: Blackland Tradere
Blade: Wizamet

Decent shave this morning, as ever the spicebomb dupe pleased. Got the notification the other week that blackland were doing a final run on the tradere with a few parts also being released. I've heard that before but wanted the SB plate anyway, with luck it's decent.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Razor =1956 Gillette Red Tip
Blade = Gillette Spoiler ( USA ). ( 1 ).
Brush = Vintage Grey Box Simpsons 20mm in Best
Soap = B&M Saville with matching splash & balm
IMG_1698.jpeg
First Shave back on home soil & it just feels so much better,
As normal when i’m away i return to a few gifts from the wife.
This one obviously needs no introduction but it’s a first for me.
Iv been meaning to get this soap for 2 years ish but i keep forgetting for one reason or another and to be honest it was worth the wait,
A real top performer with my face feeling lush.
As far as vintage razors go i don’t use them enough and this is one of my favourites paired with the spoiler it was a match made in heaven.
love it love it love it

UT62iav.jpg

Stando Rod * Schick Proline
AP Shave Co. 28mm G5C
AOS Sandalwood shave soap (vintage) * Saponificio Bignoli Sandalo Indiano AS​

Back
Top Bottom