SOTD: Saturday 15 July - Friday 21 July 2023.

20jul23.JPG

Another superb shave from the Jianyu. I dropped it into one of my knockoff DE89 clones but with a SLOC top cap. I'm not sure it didn't anything different than the regular setup but I ended up with a very close shave so I'm chalking that up as a win. The more I use the Ariana & Evans Peach and Cognac the more I like it. I feel like I'm picking up the peach more now than I did when I first got it. I finished with some Rose Aloe water, and slapped on a dab of Aqua Velva Musk since it seemed to vibe with the Cognac of the soap. BBS

Wickham Soap Co. 1912 Club Cola ; Shavemac 24mm Cashmere ; Alpha Shaving Outlaw ; Gillette Silver Blue ; Soap Commander Courage

230720-SOTD.jpg

20230720_172527.jpg

Preshave - Wright's Traditional Soap
Razor - Razorine Flatboy
Blade - Tiger Platinum
Brush - TSC Best Badger
Lather - Proraso Red
Splash - Proraso Red

20230720_172622.jpg

6th and final shave with this Razor and Blade combination. A lovely, comfortable shave today. This blade has been better than expected, but I'm not yet sure if it's something I'll buy again. Will try another in a different Razor first.

Next up I will try the black Gillette 7 O'clock again. I wasn't that impressed before, but I'll give it a go in the 6S to see if I change my mind..

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Mk. I Adjustable 195 'Fatboy' (1960)
Blade: Gillette Super Nacet (Malaysian)
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Nanny's Cream of the Croap Moroccan Sands
Aftershave: Taylors of Old Bond Street Shaving Shop https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/64b96ccc7561cd6e4045fa8b

Lovely stuff.
Not my words. The words of Shakin' Stevens

Last edited:
20th July 2023

The theme of today's shave was - "Powerhouse"

IMG_4288.jpeg

Soap - Barrister and Mann Reserve, a wonderfully bold and unapologetically masculine barbershop soap.
Blade - GSB 3/3
Razor - Razorock Gamechanger .84 OC
Brush - Simpsons Chubby3 Manchurian
Splash - Ariana and Evans Tertius
Bowl - Captains Choice

BBS smooth in three passes and walked away smelling like leather and warm spices.

I'm really enjoying the Gamechanger. On Tuesday night I shaved with it in a dark hotel bathroom after six 7.5% beers without incident, so this past couple of days I've been very confident with it. It's like taking a BMW out in the snow, you have to keep it under control, but it's still a lot of fun.

IMG_2173.jpeg
SOTD: 20/07/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai Captain Mild Blue, 6th use
Brush: Highlander Chubby Style Boti Fan Knot Synthetic
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Noble Otter The Noir Et Vanille Puck
Aftershave: Noble Otter The Noir Et Vanille Aftershave

Finally got hold of this soap and splash and I think I love it more now than the first time I smelt it! This brush seems made for this soap, the colours match perfectly!
Another great shave, have a good day guys!

20230720_171734.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm
Brush Highlander white synthetic brush.
Soap Rougue
Razor Hawk v3 A plate.
Blade Proline.
A shave of two tales today.
I brought out my lovely Hawk I found this razor so good that I didn't really feel the need to buy another SE razor until the Mongoose came along and if opportunity knocks like that, you have to throw open the door and grab it with both hands.
I showered, preped my face with the Proraso blam and whipped up a thick creamy lather from the Rouge.
I thought the razor and Proline was a fantastic match and my shave nice and BBS, I was very happy with the result , I really enjoyed using the Hawk again and considered the shave on par with the Mongoose.
That being said I went downstairs and said to the wife, I need you to check over my shave and give me your honest opinion.
She looked and said you have used a different razor because I can see already and after running her hand around my face she concluded, it's nice but nextime use the Mongoose again as it's miles better.
Go figure and I thought it was a close match but obviously not, because she knew straight away.
The night is young and I look so good I could sell my photo to the local nuns.
My wife's a lucky gal catching me.
Enjoy your night everyone.

Hot shower with Signature soaps dragons blood soap
Yaqi Green Viper boar brush
Muhle R94
Swapped the GSB for a 5 shave old Wizamat SI out of my R89
Signature Soaps Wicstun shave soap
Thayer's WH
La Roche Posay B5 balm
Cien Q10 hyaluronic moisturiser
Signature Soaps Novus Spice AS splash

A fantastic shave from start to finish.
IMG_20230720_192656.jpg

SOTN (Head & Face)

Face - Yintal razor, Wholly Kaw Entropy Man, Rapira Platinum Lux blade
Head - Leaf razor, Mitchell's Wool Fat, Treet Platinum saloon blades
SmilezforMilez brush with tuxedo knot
Permafrost synthetic coolant
La Roche Posay B5 Balm

A few recent acquisitions all ended up coming over the last couple of days so tonight's shave was new hardware (razor and brush) and software (the WK set). The WK set and brush performed spectacularly, the razor was pretty smooth as others have said but it's a head shape that I'm not accustomed to and so more practice with it will be needed to properly see how we'll get along - next up though in a few days is the Blackland Era OC5 plate.
1000005508.jpg

Back
Top Bottom