SOTD Sat 18th Aug to Friday 24th Aug

Re: RE: SOTD Sat 18th Aug to Friday 24th Aug

barlines said:
Simpsons 'Rover' Manchurian Hamster

Where can I obtain this unusual product?

Early each morning of this holiday:

Prep: hot shower
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (2-9)
Brush: Simpson Major in best
Soap: La Toja stick
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Red Ginger

Uniformly good. Second half of the week followed up the shower with a cold face rinse, yielding better shaves.

Hanging wash bag an unambiguous success. Beautiful though the military wet packs are, I suspect they're actually less functional: this has a nice big full-width pocket at the bottom and all the smaller pockets are mesh-fronted for best drying.

We've done astoundingly well this holiday with fourteen people and two bathrooms. I get up at first light so I can take my half-hour for "the three SHs" without guilt :).

Wednesday, 22.viii.2012

Predopobarba Proraso
Vulfix Grosvenor bristle&badger
Cella Crema Sapone
Filomatic
Super Iridium
Thayer's Witch Hazel Lavender
Proraso Dopobarba

P1060707.jpg

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Rudy V
Razor: Feather
Soap: LEA stick
AS: La Toja Manantiales
Result: Very, very clean :D

1 ½ pass (didn't have very much stubble from yesterday to start with) and this shave was a slam duck :D
0021024x6772.jpg

... lovely cup of cappu today:
005800x517.jpg

MR GLO pre shave soap.
Muhle R89 razor with Personna red #1.
New Forest Tubby 1.
Parker shaving soap.
Village Barber ASB.

Great shave today & first use of the Parker soap, a very good soap, no nicks, & face felt moisturised afterwards, from the box blurb it contains Shea Butter & Olive oil, seemed to do the trick anyway !

:icon_smile:

wednesday

white proraso pre post
Neo custom 2 band
Trumpers coconut cream
EJ Bull mastiff + Super personna (3)
Thayers superhazel
Proraso ASB

result: 2 passes + touch ups. A close shave, dont think the trumpers is as protective as some of the soaps, but still a very nice shave.

Wednesday

Edwin Jagger DE89
7 O'Clock Sharp Edge Blade
Edwin Jagger Silvertip Brush
D.R. Harris Lavender Shaving Soap
Thayer's Witch Hazel

Got a tiny, tiny nick on my chin which bled profusly and took some time to stop.

After shaving with glycerin soaps, the shave with the Harris felt slighty draggy.

For those discussing bracken; I volunteer at a local RSPB Reserve, and the bracken has to be controlled. We cannot use pesticides, so we have to bash it with sticks to break it and slow the growth and spread. If this is not done we would end up with one huge area covered in bracken and large trees, which would eventually become just bracken.

Ian

Greetings

Wednesday 22nd August 2012
Prep: Shower
Razor: Ever Ready Featherweight (British)
Blade: Modern GEM Coated
Brush: Omega 39 Boar
Soap: Erasmic Supreme Stick
Aftershave: Dove Sensitive Balm

Another new SE razor that arrived in the post for me yesterday a £1.99 (plus postage) e-bay purchase and again I was the only bidder.

This razor looks identical to the GEM Featherweight but has pressed lines on the top cover flip handle to assist ones grip in opening and of course it is marked Ever Ready. It was matt grey but cleaned up great, I did however have to resort to metal polish as Fairy Liquid was not 'man enough' for the job.

A nice shaving razor and a quite gentle shave, certainly, IMHO down at, or near to the bottom of the aggression table for GEM's/Ever Ready's.

Regards
Dick.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Made Rite badger
Schick M type adjustable injector/Gillette Platinum Plus (NOS)
The Soap Opera Himalaya SS (very nice stuff)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
RL 'Safari' EdT (old juice)

BBS results,

Martin

IanM said:
Wednesday

Got a tiny, tiny nick on my chin which bled profusly and took some time to stop.

Ian

I did the same last week and discovered that applying Witchhazel to a cotton bud helped - the cotton bud soaked up the blood giving the WH time to work.

Back
Top Bottom