SOTD Sat 18th Aug to Friday 24th Aug

Dr Dulcamara said:
Martin, Martin, where are you, my friend? Here a pic of UFO U1 handle.

Ah, the Good Doctor,

One of my favorite enablers. Yeah, I saw the picture......sheeeesh. You make it tough to resist acquiring one of those dang handles. Heh, I think maybe that's your plan. When I do buy one from Rafael, it'll be that long handle version that I've seen in your SOTD pictures.

I have to find out what I can use to return the favor to you. Only fair.......

Thanks for the good natured taunting,

Martin

merkur hd
supermax sunrise
shavemac #25 silvertip
arko extra sensitive shave cream
l'occitane verdon AS

a good close shave. a little sore in a few places where i got carried away and went for BBS, the sunrise blade has impressed me its excellent.

Just got back from sunny Monaco so it's been my travel kit for the past 4 days.

Razor: Fatboy @ 7
Blade: 7 o'clock green
Brush: Muhle silvertip fibre
Cream: EJ green cream
Aftershave: Armani
EDT: Creed himalaya.

Great shaves. Wish I took the Proraso. It was bloody hot out there.

MONDAY EVENING

IMAG0208-1.jpg

UFO Godzilla handle with Weber ARC head
Gillette Bleue Extra (4)
Kent V4 brush
Cella - tub lathered
Witch hazel
Castle Forbes AS balm

Back to work tomorrow so a full on three pass shave tonight.

This setup is almost perfect (apart from the AS balm) so a very comfortable BBS on a roasting hot night. Lovely.

Yeah it's incredibly hot in my bathroom. Saves me having to bother with the hot towel pre-shave.
IMAG0523.jpg

Progress on 1.5 then 1. The Platinum was draggy at first then improved but these aren't as good as Swedes or the '60s and '70s.
Culmak has gone in a Tobs bowl now.

Lacoste a/s balm to finish.

NF Tubby 1
Dr Harris - Windsor
Dovo 5/8
Profs ASB mixed with 444

Beautiful smooth shave all going well till the 1" slice on my top lip when I pulled a face whilst thinking about something. Work are going to have a field day tomorrow! Was great up Untill then felt I made some real progress.

Good morning friends! :)

PREP: Proraso Preshave Cream
BRUSH: 31mm KENT BK12 Pure Badger
SOAP/CREAM: Geo. F. Trumper's Sandalwood Shaving Soap
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Fitjar Lathering Up Shaving Bowl
RAZOR: 8/8" BUDDEL Custom (w/ Desert ironwood scales)
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: Geo. F. Trumper West Indian Extract of Limes Skin Food
COLOGNE: Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa
RESULT: First-class, BBS shave
SODT_BUDDEL_B1.jpg

Have a nice day,
Béla​

Prep Clarins Exfoliator
Razor Vintage Maxotte
Brush Simpsons M7 LE Finest Silvertip
GFT Coconut Cream
Alum & Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Baux Blam
L'Occitane Baux EDT

Jamie.

A lovely two pass shave from the Maxotte, this razor as the finest grind of all my razors you could bend the blade with your finger if you wanted.

001-5.jpg

Tuesday:
Merkur Futur
Personna Red Pack
Edwin Jagger Best Badger Brush
Knize Ten Shaving Soap
Chanel Cuir De Russie EDT

Re: RE: SOTD Sat 18th Aug to Friday 24th Aug

Blyth Spirit said:
I'm also rather seriously impressed with the M&S Harvard ASB - works well and smells good.
I agree. I use it a lot and seems very underrated. I do prefer the smell of their Woodspice balm marginally

Greetings

Tuesday 21st August 2012
Prep: Shower
Razor: Gillette Mayfair De Luxe
Blade: Timor
Brush: Vulfix 404 Mixed
Soap: Derby squeezed into a container
Aftershave: Dove Sensitive Balm

My second shave with this blade, they are a bit of an enigma; this blade still feels a little 'draggy', especially on the first pass. On the two subsequent passes with 75% of the stubble already removed it feels fine; but in any event produced a truly superb shave.........odd!

I have decided that I really like the new Dove balm; the scent is so light that for practical purposes it could be described as scentless, it is very soothing and leaves the skin feeling soft and hydrated, exactly as it's meant to do.

Regards
Dick.

2la62x0.jpg

Pre Veleiro soap + Omega "lanolized" shaving cream + Omega 10098 brush + Weber ARC Bulldog with Iridium Super #2 + 4711 splash with LEA balm

After some days of holidays "relax" with little time for posting shaves, I return to routine, hehe

This shave has gone smoooth and very clean. The cut noise of this Weber razor is really adictive, yumyum!

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom