SOTD Sat 18th Aug to Friday 24th Aug

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: The Hive by Simpsons
Razor: C V Heljestrand M K no: 15
Soap: Ice and a Slice by Nanny
AS: Aqua Velva by Williams
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D

B A M ! ! This rare Helje sure took a nice and crisp edge and it seemed to go on automatic killer stealth ninja style on the stubble, but in a nice Swedish way :D
0131024x634.jpg

Zirhh Clean Hydroxy Face Wash
Truefit & Hill Preshave
Connaught Neroli Shave Cream
Merkur Futur set at 2
Feather Blade
H.I.M Vitamen C Moisturising Balm
Shave Doctor Moisturiser
Serge Lutens 5 O'Clock Au Gingembre Eau de Parfum

Pre shave - Arko + Hot Towel
Razor - Muhle '11 R41
Blade - Astra S/S
Brush - Duke 3 Best
Soap - Kent (Woolfat)
Cold Rinse/ Witch Hazel Gel/ Musgo Real

What a great shave!!...I've definitely found my new fave blade - The Astra Super Stainless... works great in the R41, Weber and the 34C!! Happy days. ;)

Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
Feather AS-D1
Dorco 301 (1)
Simpsons Tulip T1
The Body Shop Maca Root Cream
Nivea Replenishing Aftershave Balm

Just catching up again after a few busy days. Haven't used the feather for a while so it made an appearance for my Sunday evening shave. Its as mild as I remember and so forgiving. My straight shaving has already helped with some of my DE shaves and it did here, I've always struggled to get close on my neck, but Sunday nights shave was much closer than I've had there with the Feather. Result!

Feather Artist Club SS - Pro Blade (14)
Neep #1214 - Aztec Leopard Skin Jasper
Vitos Extra Super Shaving Soap - Coconut
Nivea Sensitive Aftershave Balm

...and yesterdays shave was with the other Feather and its time to change the blade - the previous time I changed it I think it was too early but it now is in need of replacement. I'm loving the Vitos (and the Cella) at the moment tho I have to go light on the Proraso pre otherwise it just gets smothered. Finished up with the sensitive balm as my face was feeling the shave a bit last night.

Proraso Pre
Cella
EJ89
Gillette Super Thins
Simpsons Duke Best
Liz Earle ASB

In a rush to catch the Isle Of Wight ferry this morning,not my best shave.
The kit was fine just down to the user.

TOBS Shaving Shop cream
Wilkinson Sword FX with FX Diamond (fourth shave I think?)
TOBS Shaving Shop aftershave gel

Lovely shave. One small weeper. This cartridge gets really close very easily but like most blades/razors it struggles to get a BBS on my right jawline. Still managed near BBS here though so the FX is up there with the best DEs as far as I'm concerned. If only the blades didn't clog up so much.

Ikon S3S
Dorco S3S (2)
Simpsons 'Rover' Manchurian Hamster
Cella Crema Da Barba
Nivea Replenishing Aftershave Balm

Normally when my face is a little sore I reach for the Feather AS-D1 but I wanted to see how the Ikon fared. Not too badly as it happens but I'll reserve judgement when I see how comfortable tomorrows shave is (Origin Gold straight is up in the rotation). "Rover" is becoming my favourite brush, a great combination of scrubby but with enough softness and it lets lather go very easily.

Tuesday

Edwin Jagger DE89
Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge Blade
Edwin Jagger Silvertip Brush
Scent From Heaven Lime Soap

Followed by a day of beating the shit out of a few acres of bracken.

Ian

IanM said:
Followed by a day of beating the shit out of a few acres of bracken.

Ian

I'm guessing that 'bracken' is another goofy UK word for bunny rabbit. Too lazy to look it up, but it sounds about right.

Brackens are good eatin if you cook em properly.

Tuesday morning:

Tabac soap
Semogue SOC Boar
Gillette Aristocrat Jr
Astra SP (1)
TONS Mr Taylors AS

Very nice, BBS results. Tabac soap was very good indeed.

Neilo said:
Dodgy.....Bracken as in undergrowth, beating to flush out game birds !!

Hi there,

Hmmm, are you sure about that? I coulda sworn I saw some very old UK made cartoons that were made to compete with Warner Brothers. Yeah, there was Bugs Bracken, Daffy Drake, and Porky Porcine.

Oh wait a second. maybe I incorrectly read what you typed. So you're saying you beat the undergrowth to get the brackens running. They in turn alarm the birds, which then take off into the air.

Got it.

Back
Top Bottom