SOTD Sat 18th Aug to Friday 24th Aug

Thursday August 23rd

Commodore X2
R41 w/Derby blade
T&H pre shave oil
DR Harris Windsor cream
DR Harris Windsor aftershave
DR Harris Windsor cologne

Can't get enough of the Windsor fragrance.

Ideal with Gillette Bleue Extra (second use)
TOBS Jermyn Street sensitive cream
Professor Blighty's Universal Shaving Balsalm, Tuxedo

Nice shave. Can't say it was the closest; this razor is fairly mild but still effective. I started on 2, moved up to 4, then 6, then even tried 9 very carefully and somewhat briefly. Decent shave but not uber-close.
The poor paint job on the adjustment means setting 3 looks like setting 5!

Only one shave in but I like the razor. Probably won't be an every day razor but a 'change of pace' one

Prep: Old Spice 'High Endurance'
Brush: Edwin Jagger synthetic bristle
Cream: Edwin Jagger Sea Buckthorn
Razor: Edwin Jagger Chatsworth Barley chrome, earlier in the week King Of Shaves Azor 'M' sensitive with 4 blade cartridge.
DE Blade: Timor

This is the first time I have used a Timor razor blade. Although they are expensive, they are not as good as Personna 'Red' blades. But they are not bad blades though, and do give a smooth shave at 2 passes WTG, XTG. I usually use a blade for 4 shaves, to give it a good run through. I chucked the King Of Shaves cartridge out after 3 shaves, only 1 left to go from last year.

Friday, 24.viii.2012

Predopobarba Proraso
Omega 73645
Nanny's Yushu
Filomatic
Super Iridium
Thayer's Witch Hazel Lemon
Proraso Dopobarba

P1060709.jpg

Friday

Edwin Jagger DE 89
Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge Blade (5th and last shave)
Edwin Jagger Silvertip Brush
L'Occitane Cade Shaving Soap
Thayer's Witch Hazel

Ian

FRIDAY MORNING

Feather SS with Kai mild blade then (after much bloodletting)
Weber ARC head with UFO Godzilla handle
Gillette 'Russian blue' Super platinum
Kent V4 brush
Cella
Witch hazel
Institut Karite AS balm

Hmm, see the straight razor bit for my 'hilarious' first foray with a Feather!

I'll be sticking with the DE for a bit I think, while I practice with an empty Feather!

107lxt1.jpg

Pre Prep + "old" lanolized Williams shaving cream + Vie&Long 13064 horse + UFO U2 Long with Gillette New and Iridium Super + "old" Aqua Velva splash with LEA balm

A truly classic and fresh shave today, although I was forced to use this horse brush in "painting" mode after lathering in bowl... not too bad but I definitely prefer facelathering in circular motions. And I should have changed the blade, but it didn't shave too bad...

Cheers!

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold
Razor: Kropp 6/8", black horn scales, restored by UKRob
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 in two-band best
Soap: Monsavon
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Green Ginger

Lovely to be back to my honed straights and bigger brushes, good though my holiday kit was.

The soap smells good - citrus, lavender, aniseed? - lathered up very well and lasted comfortably. For the price of two Palmolive sticks, including the bowl, performing as well and smelling far better, this may be the best bargain soap of all.

Back
Top Bottom