SOTD SAT 16 June to 23 June ...

Mikael said:
[Since Cap. Marv the other day confessed to being Swedish, I guess he made an educated and empirical guess ... :D

Oh, you saw that eh? Yeah, I did finally admit to being a fellow cloudberry addict. Well, if you remember, I was trying to really do a little....misdirection in that post. Yeah, I mighta been slanting things somewhat and needed to say the Swedish thing to help sell the idea.

Of course, you already know all this. Sadly, i can't remember which member started that thread...sheesh. Well, maybe he was hooked in.....we can only hope. Gotta worry about inbreeding here, and new 'enthusiasts' are always amusing to watch.

Marvy

John said:
How doing dodgy
Interestingly my Rolls Razor is smaller :blush: I was hoping mikey would see that and make a remark (a opportunity for sarcasm but noting doing ...........yet)

Well John, I was being diplomatic and using the razor as a symbol for something else. Something manly, if you get my drift.

I was just stating the fact that many Swedish guys have more natural shrinkage than the rest of the world does. This has nothing to do with being in hot or cold water.

Glad to help with this small bit of science,

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (2)
Brush: Neep #955 soapstone ball and bobbin silvertip
Soap: D R Harris Marlborough
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Green Ginger
Scent: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

Effortless, quick, exceeding close. As usual :).

dodgy said:
Mikael said:
[Since Cap. Marv the other day confessed to being Swedish, I guess he made an educated and empirical guess ... :D

Oh, you saw that eh? Yeah, I did finally admit to being a fellow cloudberry addict. Well, if you remember, I was trying to really do a little....misdirection in that post. Yeah, I mighta been slanting things somewhat and needed to say the Swedish thing to help sell the idea.

Of course, you already know all this. Sadly, i can't remember which member started that thread...sheesh. Well, maybe he was hooked in.....we can only hope. Gotta worry about inbreeding here, and new 'enthusiasts' are always amusing to watch.

Marvy

John said:
How doing dodgy
Interestingly my Rolls Razor is smaller :blush: I was hoping mikey would see that and make a remark (a opportunity for sarcasm but noting doing ...........yet)

Well John, I was being diplomatic and using the razor as a symbol for something else. Something manly, if you get my drift.

I was just stating the fact that many Swedish guys have more natural shrinkage than the rest of the world does. This has nothing to do with being in hot or cold water.

Glad to help with this small bit of science,

I see what your saying :icon_lol: Swedish males have a ..........small party sausage.... A shrinkel dinkel.

Wednesday

Schick Injector Type "L"
Schick Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Penhaligon's English Fern Shaving Soap
Trumper Lime a/s

Having a break from the straight, and got a very easy, quiet, close shave from the Injector.

Ian

Wednesday:

Mitchell's Wool Fat
Semogue SOC Boar
Aristocrat Junior
Feather (2)
TOBS Shaving Shop AS

Smooth BBS results.

Took a while to get a decent lather from the Wool Fat, seemed to have to load the brush for much longer than usual. I haven't used this soap for a while and it had dried out a bit so that could explain it. I got a good lather and a smooth shave in the end though.

Merkur 34c
Astra platinum
TOBS Sandalwood
EJ badger brush
L'Occitane Eau captivante

Prep-wise, I was accosted by a gorgeous blonde sales assistant outside Lush the other day who - after I'd spent 2 mins smiling along and trying desperately to not stare at her chest - scored me a free black tub of a 'cleanser' called 'Angels on Bare Skin'. I've used it the last couple of days with a hot flannel in the shower pre-shave and, so far, it's really good. Thought I'd throw it out there for anyone with 'normal skin but prone to dryness' (her words not mine). This is the link on their website: https://www.lush.co.uk/product/29/Angels-on-Bare-Skin-Cleanser

Bulldog moisturiser
Dr. Dulcamara sandalwood shaving soap
Old Type with Trig blade (second shave)
Professor Blighty's Universal Shaving Balsalm - sandalwood

Second day using my old Trig blades. Despite a careful touch I needed to press down a little in places and got rewarded with some nicks round the mouth and one on the neck. The Old takes some getting used to when the Fatboy on 6,4 is your go-to, so maybe a week with an Old would refine my skill with it. Or leave me with a huge number of facial scars. 50/50.

By the way, I got the shaving soap as a Father's Day present. Doing the washing yesterday I found the sales invoice in her dressing gown pocket. £32! I know it had a custom "Dad" written on it, and the jar, lather and the smell is pretty good, but that is Martin de Candre money, right? I wonder how it compares!

201206202741.jpg

Dove soap/hot face cloth prep
TI Le Dandy 6/8 Straight Razor
Fitjar Saving Cream
Kent BK2 Brush
Geo.F.Trumper Skin Food to finish
BSS WTG

Thats one sharp and smooth razor... I didn't feel the blade cutting my beard.
Only hearing the blade cutting the beard, WOW I think I have masterd the strop and the shaving :icon_biggrin:

The fitjar lathers better with the Kent BK2 brush, but not into a OTT lather.. just enough to get the job done, or am I just being a skin flint with the cream? Will have to try loding more cream next time :idea:

Wednesday

Razor: Weber dlc
Blade: Lord super
Brush: T3 Manchurian
Soap: Coates tea tree & rosemary cream (dehydrated so it's like a soap and doesn't sting)

I thought I'd give my face a rest from using OC new's as they started to feel the same.

Weber delivered a nice shave. Very comfortable.

Prep: Eden hand and body lotion
Brush: Omega syntex 90065 synthetic bristle
Cream: D R Harris almond
Razor: King of Shaves Azor (black handled version) with 4 blade cartridge

The brush bristles were quite splayed out but it gave a good lather. I was away for a few days, and used up a leftover cartridge (4 blades). Not a bad shave but not the best. Quick and easy though.

First Day of Summer!!! Brought out my New Toy. Daughters graduation from Elementary School today. Needed a close shave:
[attachment=4987]
Razor: CJB Blade Holder. Feather Clone from Korea. Open non folding.
Blade: Feather Proguard
Brush: Muhle Badger
Soap: Erasmic Stick
Preshave : Noxzema plus
Alum
AS: Dickinson's WH
Balm: Nivea
Great shave! 2x passes and it's BBS. Really nice shave. Really like the Proguard. The CJB is a great value.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340196961.462552.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340196961.462552.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 22
Well, some how I packed a WS classic instead of Merkur. I was not disappointed, just more passes. Kappa cream, TandH travel brush, proraso aftershave.

Nice razor to learn on!

Another day, another different brush and razor.

Cream : TOBS Jermyn Street
Brush : Neep #1118 24mm Silvertip in White and Black Resin.
Razor : Merkur 34c
Blade Gillette 7 oclock yellow
A/S: TOBS Jermyn Stree A/S Balm

I love this brush, its just the right size. I'm still not loving the 34c much though, it's just a bit too mild for mmy liking.

20JUN2012.jpg

Back
Top Bottom