SOTD SAT 16 June to 23 June ...

Friday...
Tabac/Erasmic stick mixture soap...face lathered
Frank finest Badger
Merkur Futur... set at 2
Bolzano Blade...a new blade and as different again from the first one I used..the first one must have been a reject that had slipped through quality control....This new blade was superb...smooth and sharp.
Excellent BBS finish in a three pass shave.
Nivea Cream

Thursday:

Late night shave (2300hrs) last night due to a horribly early (0400hrs) start this morning.

Penhaligons nickel / best brush
TOBS "shaving shop" cream
Merkur 34C HD
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow
Ogalalla bay rum lime and peppercorns

3 passes including ATG to try and keep a shaved appearance well into the next morning. Very smooth, and at 0930 I'm still looking presentable. Not sure how long that will last.

Midsummer celebration shave
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Chubby 3
Razors: Max Sprecher + GEM Junior (for head)
Super lather: Nannys French Lavender + Proraso
AS+edt: Paco Rabanne, Ultraviolet
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Bowling ball clean :D

Today's Midsummer celebration day in Sweden and it's a big thing here, everyone (almost) has the day off and we sing and dance around a Midsummer pole (a lot of us, prob a majority of the population). The girls picks 7 different flowers and make a wreath of them and then they´ll put flowers under their pillow and the guy they dream about will become their husband.
0091024x678.jpg

... and a "flat white" (cappuccino with a double espresso):
016800x531-2.jpg

midsommartjejer_154666712.jpg

20120622281.jpg

Dove soap/Hot face cloth prep
Thin handle tec (Britsh)
Feather Blade
Razor Rock Soap/Cream
Kent BK2 Brush

BSS WTG

A verry Good Shave with the Razor Rock, But I have to watch out with it...
For me It lacks that safty cushion, so a close shave is on the cards.... I think I got away with it............. :icon_eek:

Friday

Soap: Nannys Ice and a Slice
Brush: Neep Jubilee
Razor: Merkur Futur
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock sharpedge
Cologne: Penhaligons Juniper Sling

This is a very nice scent, and seems to compliment the Ice and a Slice nicely.

22JUN2012.jpg

Mikael said:
Today's Midsummer celebration day in Sweden and it's a big thing here, everyone (almost) has the day off and we sing and dance around a Midsummer pole (a lot of us, prob a majority of the population). The girls picks 7 different flowers and make a wreath of them and then they´ll put flowers under their pillow and the guy they dream about will become their husband.

Howdeeeeee Mikey!

We got a little more aggressive way of doing things here in the US when it comes to women finding their husbands. You probably aren't familiar with Sadie Hawkins Day, celebrated on the first Saturday in November.

No sittin around hoping and dreaming.......these women take a more active role when snagging their 'Mr Right'.

Dodgy

Oh......those are some purty girls in your post. Are they your grand daughters?

Attachments

• The 2011 Chicago Sadie Hawkins Style Ride | Sadie Hawkins.html
    7.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 800px-Sadie_Hawkins_Day.jpg
    800px-Sadie_Hawkins_Day.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 11
dodgy said:
Mikael said:

Howdeeeeee Mikey!

We got a little more aggressive way of doing things here in the US when it comes to women finding their husbands. You probably aren't familiar with Sadie Hawkins Day, celebrated on the first Saturday in November.

No sittin around hoping and dreaming.......these women take a more active role when snagging their 'Mr Right'.

Dodgy

Oh......those are some purty girls in your post. Are they your grand daughters?

The Swedish may have a willy problem...but the seeds are very good.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Ever Ready badger
'Webly'/Schick Plus Platinum (1969 NOS)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Roger and Gallet L'Homme 'Sport' EdT

BBS results,

Martin

dodgy said:
Howdeeeeee Mikey!

Dodgy

Oh......those are some purty girls in your post. Are they your grand daughters

Man, I used to love that comic, when young. I could have sworn you had mountain folks gens in your blood, it actually explains a lot. Yeah, well, Merry Midsummer day Mervin! ... and John - why do you think our girls stay!? :)

IanM said:
I love that razor.

Ian

Cheers Ian! It's a sweet blade ... and if you can spare a right arm and then wait for several months, you could also have one like it :D

Mikael said:
dodgy said:
Howdeeeeee Mikey!

Dodgy

Oh......those are some purty girls in your post. Are they your grand daughters

Man, I used to love that comic, when young. I could have sworn you had mountain folks gens in your blood, it actually explains a lot. Yeah, well, Merry Midsummer day Mervin! ... and John - why do you think our girls stay!? :)

IanM said:
I love that razor.

Ian

Cheers Ian! It's a sweet blade ... and if you can spare a right arm and then wait for several months, you could also have one like it :D

You know Mikael in the old days I would have said "england is a lovely place to live"..... But now......it's a s**t hole nothing is sacred at all...I could say that the murder rate is low,but some one was murderd just up the road from us last night.
Some places are so bad that when they appear on the news they *posh up* the way it's said!

If a nice Swedish girl was foolish to dream of an English man,she should be dreaming of a council house,on a crap hole estate...no scratch that,its a nightmare..if any girls in Sweden wake up screaming tonight you'll know what she was dreaming about :icon_cry2:

Mikael said:
Man, I used to love that comic, when young. I could have sworn you had mountain folks gens in your blood, it actually explains a lot. :D

Well allrighty then,

To quote a well known hillbilly/blues song "I'm a Schmoo for you baby, I can't get enough of your love".

Merv

Attachments

• thumbnail-4.jpg
    thumbnail-4.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom