SOTD SAT 16 June to 23 June ...

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (4)
Brush: Neep #1156 cocobolo chubby 24mm extra silvertip
Soap: Trumper's West Indian Limes
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Yellow Ginger
Scent: Trumper's GFT

Splendid. Careful around the spot, no claret released.

Prep: Bulldog face wash
Razor: Merkur 39c slant
Blade: 7 O'Clock Blue (1)
Cream: TOBS Avocado
Brush: Kent BK2

One of those days where everything came together, one of the best shaves I've ever had. First time out with the 7O'Clock blue and liked very much. Still getting to grips with the slant, but loving what I've found so far. What I have learned is that it needs a sharper blade than your average razor. I reckon I might settle on only two shaves per blade with the slant; I usually get three.

Thursday:

Mitchell's Wool Fat
Semogue SOC Boar
Aristocrat Jr.
Feather (3)
Professor Blighty's Harlequin AS

Great shave, BBS results. Enjoying giving these Feathers another try.

Hot towels to start
Proraso pre-shave
T&H Grafton Cream / Kent BK2
EJ ED89 / Rapira Super Stainless
Alum
T&H Grafton blam

Today was my first shave with a Rapira blade and I was quite impressed by the experience. Nice sharp blade and I came very close (for the first time ever) to stopping shaving after only 2 passes. Looking forwards to trying it out for a second time tomorrow!

THURSDAY EVENING

UFO Red Kong handle with Gillette New head
Gillette Super Platinum (1)
Beejay amber acrylic
TSF coconut soap - scuttle lathered
Witch hazel
Castle Forbes AS balm

Used a Vijay blade yesterday which was appalling and has made my face feel tender all day.

Still felt it a bit tonight, but this combo gave me a lovely BBS shave with no cuts which is a bonus.

It's nice that my favourite head now has a handle worthy of it. I call this my Gillette New Aristocrat!

Thursday ! And yes it's Summer here. Very warm and humid a little more than I like. Have the fans in my windows, wife and child get the air conditions!
New toys. Saw this idea on another site and thought it would be good for soap sticks. A Suribachi, a combo bowl and mild grater.[attachment=4993]
Picked it up off amazon.com. And yes it does work well with sticks. Rubbing it on the bottom and sides is just the right amount for lather. Nice idea.
Razor: also new tonite. Only markings on her are : 31 THE PALMER no country or manufacturer. ? Any ideas?
Soap: La Toja stick
Brush: Badger
Preshave: Noxzema plus
Alum
AS: Superior 70
Balm: Nivea High Performance
Scent: Tuxedo. Yes I was one of the chosen! Very nice fragrance. Thank you!
Nice shave, razor did well, bowl delightful.[attachment=4994][attachment=4995]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340326869.204267.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340326869.204267.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 13
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340327357.094705.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340327357.094705.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 13
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340327411.490074.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340327411.490074.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 11
7417943302_577910210f_b.jpg

34c with Wilkinson Sword (2)
Edwin Jagger badger
Palmolive shave stick
Bluebeard Revenge post shave balm
ck Be edt

Went a bit stingy on loading the Palmolive. I move in a fortnight so I've been trying to use the last of my opened soaps. Just about enough for 3 passes (2 WTG then 1 XTG). I think I'm going to hammer on technique and keep the variables the same for the next couple of weeks; i.e. 34c, WS blade and Palmolive stick.

No pre-shave
Erasmic original formula cream
Techmatic on 5, 3, 1
M and S Autograph a/s balm

First try of the Techmatic and I wonder how many people across the world used one this morning?

Fresh NOS cartridge and left at medium aggression. Hmm. Bit scrapey bur not really taken much hair off on this 3/4 pass. Try top setting. More coming off, more scraping. Complete two passes and some buffing. Final touch up pass on lowest setting - not too bad.
Result: scrapey shave that wasn't all that close, although good enough.
Cartridge clogs up very easily with lather and stubble and isn't easy to rinse out. At the time this came out some of the smoothest DE blades ever made were out in shops. Guess a lot of these were unwanted Christmas present. The cartridge that came with my handle was between 5 and 4, indicating only a handful of uses.

Friday

Dovo Best Quality 5/8
New Forest 2201 Brush
Penhaligon's English Fern Shaving Soap
Thayer's Witch Hazel

Last night's touch-up on the 10K made things feels a bit better compared to yesterday, but still not close enough unless I go ATG (which I do on my neck).

Ian

Thursday:
Palmolive stick
Vulfix 404 bristle & badger
EJDE89L with 7 O'C green
RSC balm
Aqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta

Friday:
GFT almond soap
Vulfix 404 bristle & badger
EJDE89L with 7 O'C green
RSC balm

The Greens in the EJ aren't a great combo for me - the mildness tempts over-shaving.

Friday:

Vitos pre-shave
Zuri Sandalwood & Vanilla soap
Vulfix 606
Ever Ready Streamline
GEM SE blade (1)
Pinaud Clubman

Great, great shave. Fantastic razor. Running theough my DE razors with Feathers again had to be put on hold this morning as I could hear the Streamline calling out to me.

Shower / Nivea Face wash / RR King louis Pre Shaving Gel / Merkur future (2.5) / Personna Red (6) / RR XXX cream / Boot witch hazel/ Nivea Cool + PEREJA Lemon

Attachments

• IMG_0657.jpg
    IMG_0657.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom