SOTD SAT 16 June to 23 June ...

Today I had a beautiful shave. My Clix 500 head is amazing! (I understand very similar to Weber) I used a Schick blade, Boot's soap done up with an old Kent brush! Very close, this head allowed me to go go against the grain with no nicks! I have used the Boot's with another razor, it did not perform as well. I think its the razor. I love it!

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest 2201 knot in vintage barbers handle
Razor: Feather SS
Soap and AS: Tabac
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Nice shave, even though done in a hurry, I like the SS more than my folding RG, I think (SS's more nifty and just seems to work better for me).
0011024x680.jpg

pugh-the-special-one said:
Prep Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet Soap
Razor Thiers Issard Dreadnought 7/8 in Buckeyed Burl
Brush Le Tuft 59 in Buckeyed Burl
Vito's Coconut & Almond
Alum & Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Baux Balm
Penhaligon's Castile EDT.

Jamie.

Two pass shave with minor clean up very smooth, a very enjoyable shave allround.

002-4.jpg

Razor and brush designs are great. Must be a pleasure just waking up to them!

Capitaaah said:
SOTD is also my first DE shave :)

Prep: hot shower,
Pre: proraso pre/post cream
Brush: merkur silvertip
Cream: proraso
Razor: merkur futur (set on #1)
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock

Result - very happy!

Technique obviously needs work, no nicks or cuts though from 2 passes.

Very happy overall, razor could probably do with setting a bit higher but for now I'll leave it until I'm more experienced and just work on technique & work on what directions are best for me.

ETA: Also had a good 5 days growth to go at, made mince meat of the job compared to a cart which would usually hardly touch it

Great that you had such good success. There's much more to come...

Johnus said:
New this weekend... My Feather Artist Club CLONE. Knew there had to be one! It's the CJB Blade Holder from Korea. Yes. Razor: CJB Blade Holder

Yes, it's the same razor without the super perfect finish, configuration is the same, but the finish is really good. Uses the same blades. Yes, same shave.

What's doin in NY, fellow Yankophile,

Congrats on your successful quest and getting a good shave from the thing as well. I think I mighta seen those in a Merc (mercenary) publication I subscribe to. The magazine has unusual shaving items for sale from all over the world.

I believe your razor model is a top of the line one for that North Korean company. Yeah, it's called the Exalted Fearless Beloved Leader Limited Edition.

Re: RE: SOTD SAT 16 June to 23 June ...

barlines said:

I saw Ricks estimate of 3 months to get to a satisfactory level...well, thats 3 days down.

No, no, three months to it all feeling routine enough that you'll do something stupid (in my case, nick the corner of my eye... be less stupid than me, please!).

You'll be comfortable and routinely shaving well in ten days imo, but it'll be a lot longer before you don't need to think about it.

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (1)
Brush: Neep #955 soapstone ball and bobbin silvertip
Soap: Martin de Candre
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Rosewood
Scent: Trumper's Sandalwood

The world's best soap and the world's best razor? I wouldn't argue.

Dr Rick said:
No, no, three months to it all feeling routine enough that you'll do something stupid (in my case, nick the corner of my eye... be less stupid than me, please!).

You'll be comfortable and routinely shaving well in ten days imo, but it'll be a lot longer before you don't need to think about it.

Ahh - Got you. I'm quietly confident I can beat 3 months with no problem at all!

That said, tonights SOTD involved no blood loss so no alum block for me tonight, yes it was slow and yes it wasn't particularly close in places but its heading in the right direction.

Feather Artist SS - Pro blade (4)
Proraso Pre/Post (Old formula)
L'Occitane Cade Soap
Muhle Silvertip fibre 21mm
Clinique post shave beard reduction formula
Witch hazel

happy, happy, happy.

Cold shower prep
Proraso pre/post
M&F blonde badger
Razorock XXX cream
Hoffritz slant / Gillette NEW (on the 2nd pass)
La Toja AS
l'Occitane Cade ASB

Oh yeah, extra baby smooth, love my slant. Cade ASB seems to be ok (good skin conditioning too), but nothing spectacular, and the smell is nowhere near the soap. Also, seems I can no longer use my NEW, it's just overshadowed by the slant.

Prep Botanics Face Scrub
Razor Vintage Japanese Fon Golden Star
Brush Simpson Chubby 1 in Super
Cream Vulfix Persian Musk
Alum & Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Baux Balm
Neal's Yard Rose Moisturiser
L'Occitane Baux EDT

Jamie.

My favourite razor the Japanese Fon Golden Star, and she really did turn in a star performance with this shave, she can challenge my Feather AC - SS when it comes to sharpness, beautiful BBS shave.

003-3.jpg

Good morning friends! :)

PREP: Proraso Preshave Cream
BRUSH: New Forest Tubby2
SOAP/CREAM: QED Essentials Fresh Lime Shaving Soap
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Fitjar Lathering Up Shaving Bowl
RAZOR: Iwasaki Kamisori
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: IRISCH MOOS
RESULT: Fresh, BBS shave!

SODT_IWASAKI_B-4.jpg

Have a nice day,
Béla​

Aqueous cream
Tobs Jermyn St Sensitive cream
Progress on 2, 1.5, 1 with Trig
M and S Autograph a/s balm

Haven't used a Trig blade for ages. Probably over 18 months. Before I had an interest in DE shaving, while it was still a new and simply cheaper way of getting a job done, I bought 100 after success with them in a sample pack. They were £8 including shipping. 90+ blades and a year and a half later I'm trying them again in all my favourite razors. I'll do the same with another early favourite - Treet Platinum.

Today's shave was pretty close. Bbs on the chin and some of the cheek. Under the right jaw - biggest problem area - patchy bbs. Overall a very nice shave. Not tuggy at all either. Won't get a super smooth shave with these but can get close. From memory there was noticeable stubble four or five hours later.

Back
Top Bottom