SOTD SAT 16 June to 23 June ...

SUNDAY EVENING

Ikon Shavecraft
Gillette Super Stainless (1)
Beejay amber acrylic
Nannys Cedarwood & Vetyver hard soap - tin lathered
Witch hazel
Bulldog AS balm

Best shave with this yet. To be honest I think out of all my Ikons this is the most difficult to master.

It's not a bad razor, but it requires you to be really aware of your technique and cutting angle. It certainly isn't a razor for a beginner.

Still, always good to start the new week with a good shave.

Well - tonight's shave was a game of two halves. My third go with the straight and managed to do a complete shave with the feather tonight. It took a while and its not enormously close (far from it in places) but I did it all. However, just as I was about to try to touch up the right hand side I managed to cut myself with the razor at the top of my cheek when I was getting into position, wasn't even shaving at that point Grrrrrr but at least it won't actually interfere with future shaves as its right at the top of my cheek. Anything that happens seems to happen on that side of my face at the moment, I'm just not used to using that arm to do anything this intricate, but I will defiantly persevere. Alum block brought the cut under control eventually and there is a small sense of achievement there as I've managed to shave all my beard to a fashion. Rather than tidy up with the DE as I have been I'm going to see what it looks like during the day and only use the DE if I really have to.

I saw Ricks estimate of 3 months to get to a satisfactory level...well, thats 3 days down.

SOTD

Proraso Pre/Post (Old formula)
Feather Artist SS - Feather Pro blade (3)
Body Shop Maca Root shave cream with 2 drops of essential Tea Tree oil.
Neep #1214 Aztec - Leopard Skin Jasper
Alum Block
Witch hazel

About ten minutes ago, once the kids had finally settled down and fallen asleep after a day of maximum shoutiness!

To the accompaniment of some Grieg-

Hot shower, Groomed facial scrub

Weber DLC, Polsilver (unknown number of shaves)

Kappus Men shave cream

NF2207

three passes, some minor touchups

Prof Blighty's Red Ginger ASL

wee dod of Nivea balm

pretty good shave :icon_razz:

Shower
Pre : PEARS Soap wash + Nivea face was balm
Razor : Fatip
Blade : Personna red
Brush : Semogue 2015HD
Soap : Tabac
Scuttle : Schwarzweisskeramik XL
As : Tabac lotion

Monday

Cream: TOBS Jermyn Street
Brush: New Forest Super Badger
Razor: Red Tip
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock yellow
Balm: Barbershop Bay Rum

18JUN2012.jpg

Aqueous cream
Geo F Trumpers Lime cream
Super Adjustable on 2, 1 with Sputnik blade (2nd shave)
M and S Autograph a/s balm

Nice close shave but was my SA always this aggressive? 2 with this felt like 6 with my fatboy and 1 felt like 4

Monday:
Professor Blighty's Harlequin soap
Semogue SOC Boar
Gillette Tech/Weber Bulldog
Feather (3)
Pinaud Vanilla AS

Smooth and comforable shave.

GFT almond soap
Vulfix 404 bristle & badger
EJDE89L with Derby Extra (3)
RSC balm

Could tell the blade was fading by half way through but jolly nice and close nonetheless.

1950s ballend tec
Feather blade
Fitjar shaving cream
TI Brush

BSS WTG

Had a meeting this morning,so no time for pictures, but I did discover the Fitjar lathers better with my KentBK2 brush, I gess the softer brush makes the difference with this shaving cream.

Strange the way some creams/soaps react differently between the two brushes, water hardness ,etc etc.
It's all a bit :huh: some times.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep;

vintage butterscotch Ever Ready badger
'Webly'/Wilkinson Light Brigade (NOS)
TSD coconut SS
Malizia Vetyver AS
Malizia Vetyver EdT

Wonderful razor/blade combo. This old Wilkinson could easily be my go to blade.....very sharp but quite forgiving.

BBS results,

Martin

Monday

Dovo Best Quality 5/8
New Forest 2201 Brush
Trumper Rose Soap
Witch Hazel

Again, not bad. Saturday's was better.

Ian

Had a bit of an epiphany today.

Four days growth.

Gillete slim adjustable (setting 4)
Pro Rasor pre/post
Fitjar shave cream
Rooney badger brush
Alum block

Standard set up for me......the difference this time was 'Shark' blades.

Up until now had used Feather blades. Have tried 7 O'Clock yellows and greens, Gillette black, Merkur, Personna Reds, Derby and a handful of other bits and bobs.

Only ones that got me close shaved were the Feathers........but they did leave me a bit sore sometimes.

I hadn't tried my shark blades yet as I expected them to be pretty much like the 7 'Clock yellows and greens.

Thought I'd give it a go today and WOW.......best shave I've ever had. Close as hell and no irritation at all.

2 passes and done.

Felt naked as I left the bathroom..........keep running my hand over my face in disbelief.

Great job from the sharks...........lets not hope it was a one off as I bought a load bulk (got about 200 of the buggers I think)

Well Monday!! Only a day and a wakeup and it'll be Summer!!
New this weekend... My Feather Artist Club CLONE. Knew there had to be one! It's the CJB Blade Holder from Korea. Yes. Uses the Feather Blades. Now using the Proguard so I can compare it to the original.
[attachment=4978][attachment=4979][attachment=4980]
Razor: CJB Blade Holder
Blade: Feather Proguard
Brush: Badger
Preshave : Noxzema plus
Alum
Soap: Speick's Cream lavender
AS: Barbasol Brisk
Balm; Barbasol Pacific Rush
Yes, it's the same razor without the super perfect finish, configuration is the same, but the finish is really good. Uses the same blades. Yes, same shave.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340030454.609166.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340030454.609166.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 28
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340030489.943753.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340030489.943753.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 21
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340030517.973119.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340030517.973119.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 22
Back
Top Bottom