Shave of the Day Week Commencing 24/09/11

Tuesday

White proraso pre/post
Neo custom 2 band
Nannys Ice and Slice with goat
EJ Bull mastiff + Personna Super (3)
Natural Limes A/S
Proraso ASB

result - 3passes. BBS, no irritation. A very enjoyable shave.

Good Morning All!
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Shavemac 23 mm D01 silvertip
Razor: Otto Busch
Soap: Cade
AS: Lacoste Challenge
Strops: Neill Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
042800x654.jpg

... and a cup off:
048800x756.jpg

No picture from me today - been working far too much recently. (OFSTED)

Returned to the 7o'clock yellows, they seem 'grainy' compared to the super platinums and feathers. 3 passes with a little irritation on my chin. Not good at all.

Normal service will be resumed once the inspectors leave.

(note that its a rare break between sessions that allows me to post this whilst the kettle boils!)

Last week's holiday set-up

Valobra stick - New Forest 2201 - Gillette Slim - Gillette Yellow 7OC - Aqua Velva​

Tuesday 27th September

Martin de Candre - Semogue 2010 Custom Boar - Gillette NEW #77 - Gillette Swede - Floid Blue​

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
Kirby Beard/Iridium
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
SebaMed AS Balsam
Creed Original Cologne

Tried the Kirby this morning, graciously on loan from Robert Otten. Different handle than the one I have...more like an art deco design that I'd guess is chrome plated like the head. The handle on mine is silver plated and requires a bit of tarnish removal on occasion.

Heh, this thing seems to have more bite than mine does. It's possible my technique was a little off, and we'll see what happens with the next shave or two. Managed to end up with a few weepers and I even gave myself a tiny cut. Whew.......a kinda rough road.

Got through almost 3 passes, but ended up finishing with the injector. Yeah, I didn't want to push the ATG pass too far, and the injector mopped up the odd rough spots.

BBS results,

Martin

This morning:

Bulldog face wash
Palmolive stick, face lathered with
New Forest Tubby 2.
Merkur HD, with
Gillette 7OC green (2)
Trumper's Limes skin food and GFT cologne

Only two passes plus touchup on the neck, which was enough. Feeling good and holding up well thus far.

Tuesday 27th

Toyo (Swedish steel) 13/16
Tony Miller 'Notovan' 15/30 (razor was oiled and ready to go)
Simpsons Polo 10 Two Band custom
Speick
Chanel Allure Edition Blanche after shave balm
La Toja Manantiales after shave lotion

Nice razor there, first go today with this new blade, pretty evident feedback as it's hollow or extra hollow, I'm still no good to take a picture for you lot, the Polo 10 Two Band proves to be my new favorite brush and a phenomenal latherer, the Speick never fails to disappoint, the Chanel Allure Edition Blanche smells all the way from the bathroom to the kitchen (where our cook usually resides pre-lunch) as soon as I open the screw-in cap of the hard tube, and I do miss the closeness of the Feather SS (but not its 'Lexus' style approach to shaving...)

On the other hand, I am wondering where Mick has gone, I have no apetite whatsoever of flying back to Riga on Saturday, was looking at Etihad and Qatar Airways 'D' class fares to Incheon last night (even though nothing is certain as yet), I'm surprised big M is posting pictures in the 'Acquisitions' thread (and he may not be big in size but he is big in heart) and thought last night of proposing to him a trade with my custom Polo 8 in Best, I ordered a second FS 'Lindisfarne' brush (gave one of the two FSs I had to my mother), I hope all turns out well for our Hermit, and hmmm... what else... yes, Ian was looking for a slant this am...

Razor:Iberia 13
Strop:Ambrose Spanish Horse (20/60)
Preshave: Castle Forbes
Brush:Vie Long e16510
lather:Martin de Candre sans parfum
AS: Myrsol agua balsámica
EdT:Jimmy Boyd, Agua de Bosque
Comments: I've chosen a winner combination for lather with the MdC which virtually melts in lather when the brush works it, furthermore when the brush is as efficient as this Vie Long with firm bristles but soft tips. The preshave was not needed in this shave, but better to use it today because the Iberia has a edge pretty sharp but a it crispy in the skin,...I prefer a softer feeling, a task to do with the stones ... more fun! . The Myrsol's "agua balsamica" is a blend of rosemary, lavender and thyme with alcohol but no moisturizing ingredients different than the plant extracts...but the scent is in the same range as Martin de Candre and it goes well after this soap, you can read a review here: http://www.foroafeitado.com/foro/revisiones-productos-aftershave-preshave-etc-37/agua-balsamica-myrsol-1966/?language=en . I chose an EdT with balsamic scent, the "Wood water" from Jimmy Boyd, a perfumist from the USA established in Spain with some nice creations.
Picture:
P9270134.jpg

Tuesday 09-27-11.

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Vintage Feather TTO - 7 O'clock SharpEdge (yellow) #3 - Pre JASÖN - The Art of Shaving Sandalwood shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB GFT Skin Food Sandalwood - EDT Agua de Sándalo by Adolfo Domínguez.

Afeitado27-09-11002.jpg

Back
Top Bottom