Manx Man said:
Tuesday

Yuma
Gillette 7 O'ClockSuper Stainless
Erasmic Boar
Erasmic Cream
Nivea Cool Kick A/B
Aquatonic A/S

The Yuma is quite an aggressive razor and a good shave was had with all the tools.

ttfn

T
I'm a fan of the Yuma. Mine isn't pretty (it has small, unintentional holes in the handle) but it does produce a surprisingly good shave.

This morning's shave:
Gillette Aluminium Tech
Gillette Bleue Extra (French, still in production)
TOBS Jermyn Street Sensitive cream
TOBS Shaving Shop Aftershave Gel

First try with these Bleues. I'm a massive fan of the ones in the white plastic dispenser blister packs but I knew these ones were different. Not a bad shave. Some irritation when going for closeness under the chin but not unusual for me. Don't rate them as highly as the NOS Bleues but that is a tall order. These are certainly above par.
If I ever go to France I will definitely bring a load back if price is right (no plans yet though).

Gillette Big Fellow
Perma-sharp super
Simpson Chubby 1 in best
Dille & Kamille shaving soap
444 after shave balm and La Toja aftershave

I don't know what caused it, but I ended up with major irritation all over my face.
Was it the blade that started tugging rather quick, was it the soap I never used before or was it the aftershave combined with the 444 balm, also a combination I never used before.
I thought I could get away with more than one unknown variable by now, guess I was wrong.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep;

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1970s Schick M type adjustable injector/Personna Super Stainless (NOS)
Rivivage SS
SebaMed AS Balsam
Creed 'Royal Oud' EdT

Needed a break to let my face recover a bit after yesterday's shave with the Kirby. The injector did the trick, providing a close and comfortable shave with no drama. This particular blade is one of the best I've used.

BBS results,

Martin

This morning:

Bulldog face wash
Proraso white soap, face lathered with
New Forest Tubby 2.
Merkur HD, with
Gillette 7OC green (3)
Trumper's Coral skin food
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet cologne

A really good one. I think this blade suits this razor.

Wednesday 09-28-11.

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Merkur Progress - Red Personna #2 - Pre JASÖN - Morris & Forndran shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB GFT Skin Food Sandalwood - EDT Agua de Sándalo by Adolfo Domínguez.

Afeitado28-09-11001.jpg

Wednesday. Good morning everyone!
Pre shave: Proraso
Razor: Muhle 41R new head
Blade: Gillette super thin(Vietnam)
Soap: MWF
After Shave: Thayers cucumber and witch hazel

Very nice shave. the Gillette's worked well in the 41R. 2passes and a respectable shave. Played around with the 41R until the lather was gone. Glade I got it.

NF badger
Tabac soap
Ball end Old type
Personna super (med prep)
Barbershop Bay Rum

I missed shaving yesterday, but still the Old type only needed two passes. Who needs an over-aggressive R41? Not me.

Botanics face scrub
Feaher AS-D1+ Feather blade
Le Tuft Chubby 1.5 custom Beejay
Vulfix Persian musk
Alum + Propolis
L'Occitane Bavx balm
L'Occitane Bavx EDT

Jamie.

My favourite shave, if I only could choose one well this would be the set up hardware plus the scent, lovely two pass shave, the Feather never fails to impress, silky smooth razor and blade, just pulled the trigger on a Feather Artist club SS in lime green can't wait to give it a go.

Got up too early and did have a good shave, but no pic today :( - My trusted Joh Engström 6/8 razor with Peters New Forest Tubby 2 together with Syril R Salter cream produced an uberclean shave (I was surprised as it was 6 am).

Wednesday

Gillette #58
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless [2]
Erasmic Brush
Kent S/Soap
Thayers Witch Hazel
Gillette Cool Kick A/B
One Planet A/S

Well another 2 shaves and out, the green just managed 2 shaves, a bit rough at the end [teach me to have wire wool as bristles], tomorrow I might have to go with the Old Spice O/C, the nearest razor I've got to my R101, uber aggressive Gillette New long comb knock off. Anyway back to Manx land next week.

ttfn

T

Last minute change of plan! Came home to find a package from QuattroJames on the door mat. The result a very nice two pass with my new black handled superspeed, face lathered with my 1305 and Cella and a 7o'clock yellow.

Really nice! I'm also smelling of olligaga lime and peppercorn as he slipped a sample into the jiffy bag - Cheers James!

Andy

Back
Top Bottom