• Goodfella Black Satin-finish 3pc OC
      Lion Souper stainless blade
      Vulfix Old Original Persian Musk shave cream
      Omega 21139 boar in rubberised black handle
      Thayers' Cucumber witch hazel
      Booster's Aquarius ASL
      444 ASB

Salutations again folks.

This is one of my last shaves in this flat - this first-floor walk-up, partly modern-day, full-flowing cold-water, one bedroom flat - in which I have spent the last 8.25 (approx.) years with my now ex-partner, SWMBA (now SWANBELTA*). Today (Monday), I will get the keys for, and start the process of moving into, my new rented flat; a second-floor walk-up one bedroom flat; at least it has both cold & hot running water (included in rent).

I'm in week number 6 (or is it 5) of medical leave from work, well into the overdraft on my bank account, and that's when she calls it quits and sends me packing & oh, please be gone by the end of the month if at all possible.

• At least it's mostly an amicable split.
    • Ah, well ...
Marvin said:
Life - don't talk to me about Life.

NOTE *: SWANBELTA = She Who Absolutely Needn't Be Even Listened To Anymore.

Monday

Gillette "Old Type" OC
Gillette NOS Super Silver [1]
Vie Long Boar
Wilkinson Sword Blue Bowl
Thayers Witch Hazel
Proraso Pre/Post [used as A/B]
Denim Black A/S

Time for A NOS blade today, well I wish I has chosen the Bleu, not as smooth as I had hoped for [or remembered], been using sharp blades and the SS is not up with the sharpies, anyway a clean shave in the end.

ttfn

T

Pre: wash with Musgo Real Glyce Lime Soap, then hot towel
Brush: Elite Shaving 24mm Silver Tip - superb for face lathering
Cream: Put some La Toja Stick on face, then added a dollop of Irisch Moos to brush - makes a great lather
Razor: Gillette 1928 new improved OC(from their Richwood set) - one of my absolute favourite DE's
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum Black - the marvelous "Black Ninja" from India
Aftershave: First some RazoRock Alum, then Musgo Real Balm - LOVE the soothing effect and the scent.

Yup, got a great BBS from this combo - I use it more and more because the results are always so satisfying!

Monday 09-26-11.

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Vintage Feather TTO - 7 O'clock SharpEdge (yellow) #2 - Pre JASÖN - Vintage Coate's Sandalwood shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB GFT Skin Food Sandalwood - EDT Agua de Sándalo by Adolfo Domínguez.

Afeitado26-09-11001.jpg

This morning:

Bulldog face wash
Trumper's Sandalwood cream, face lathered with
New Forest High Mountain Badger.
Merkur HD, with
Gillette 7OC green (1)
Trumper's Sandalwood skin and cologne

Very nice, very close, very comfortable - a couple of red spots visible on careful inspection, but I always do have with a DE.

Simpson Duke 1
DR Harris Arlington cream
HD Rocket
Gillette Super Thin

Third and best shave with this blade. Two passes and a couple of touch ups.

Monday. Ok sometimes you just want to be one of the boys!
Prep: Warm water
Brush: Muhle badger
Shaving Cream: Erasmic lather shave cream
Razor: EJ 89L (yes I have one, too)
Razor: Wilkinson Sword
After Shave: Thayers Lavender and Witch Hazel

Yes, the EJ was a pleasant shave. The WS was a nice razor blade. The Lavender was a nice ending. And 14 hrs later I really don't need a touch up yet!

Weishi 2300-m
Rapira super stainless
TOBS Almond cream
One planet aftershave balm

Haven't used a Weishi for a long time. Paired with Rapira it took 3 passes plus touch ups but still a good result

Tuesday

Merkur 38C
Gillette Platinum "Swede" Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Trumper's Coconut Shaving Cream
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Went for all over BBS this morning and got it.

Ian

Tuesday

Yuma
Gillette 7 O'ClockSuper Stainless
Erasmic Boar
Erasmic Cream
Nivea Cool Kick A/B
Aquatonic A/S

The Yuma is quite an aggressive razor and a good shave was had with all the tools.

ttfn

T

Back
Top Bottom