Castle Forbes Lavender Shaving Cream
D.R. Harris Pink a/s

Ian

Saturday:

Razor: 37c slant
Blade: Bic
Brush: PJ2 best
Cream: Gillette classic

Best shave yet. Especially after a week of straight shaving!

Saturday, 24.Sept.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
Kimson Silvertip
Tabula Rasa Vetyver & Tangerine
MÜHLE R89
Dorco ST-301
Musgo Real ASL

P1050144.jpg

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Bills horn handle and abolone base with a Simpson super knot
Razor: Hachiken 13/16 japanese frameback, western style
Soap: Provence Santé
AS: Blue Floid, Italien
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Wow, nice blade and I think Neil prob. finnished this one on his Shapton 30K (we're having a test drive for different honing techniques, that'll suit me)!? Edge feeled like in between yesterdays Helje and the day before that Blusmens edge, even though _very_ sharp, but that's in these framebacks nature, I think. Nice shave, never the less :D
005800x574.jpg

... and:
006800x652.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep;

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Iridium
Rivivage (Gold Dachs) SS
SebaMed AS Balsam
Jacomo de Jacomo EdT (think patchouli/oakmoss)

Ahhhh, another small monkey off my back this morning. Bought some of this soap that I'd been reading about for years and gave it a try today.

So far it seems like a nice product. I mighta not got the lather quite right, since it was sorta dry on the first pass, but looked good after that for the rest of my shave. I'll play with the ratio a bit, but it's not a big deal since it still performed well. Oh yeah, the scent is one I like, which is a bonus. Turned out to be a good blind buy.

BBS results,

Martin

L'Occitane Verbena soap
Merkur 34C-HD
Gillette Super thins blade
Le Tuft Chubby 1.5 Custom Brush
Vulfix Persian Musk
L'Occitane Bavx balm
Coty Raw Vanilla Eau de cologne

Jamie.

A beautiful smooth shave, two pass shave with minor touch up, I was going to bid on a British mint boxed Aristocrat on Ebay that ended a day or two ago, but couldn't force myself to part with £94, plus postage, even though it would probably be worth it to a few people, but not to me. that doesn't mean i.m not interested in a mint British Aristocrat, but not at those prices.

002.jpg

Muhle R41
Feather Blade
Sharons Rose Geranium/TOB Lavender mixture.....50%x50% mix
Short loft Finest Badger Brush
Liberal Splash of Witch Hazel
Nivea ASB

Very close..Smooth comfortable shave.....Feather blade not quite as smooth as the Astra in this razor though....This was a full Against the Grain shave.....A first for this Razor.........No nicks ..cuts or soreness....MAGIC.

Curious experience with a Gem 1914 that I just received this week. The set up for the blade does not appear to be designed for a Current SE. While I finally got it to work, it's unlike any of the other Gems i've tried, the 'waist band' spring seems strangely designed and i'm not sure why it's the way it is? Any one with input into the 1914?

Hot flannel prep
Feather AC SS Razor
Feather ProGuard blade
NF Silvertip brush
Nanny's Lavender soft soap
Alum

Second shave with the Feather SS and today was even better, no nicks no irritation, very enjoyable :icon_biggrin:

Saturday

Gillette #58
Feather [1]
Cheapo Wilkos Boar
Godrej S/C
Thayers Witch Hazel
Adidas Dynamic Pulse A/S

Had to have a shave with my #58, I thought I had lost this razor. anyway found some feathers loaded one up and a beautiful shave, this razor is always a pleasure to use, still when I'm back to Manx land feathers with the R101 !!.

ttfn

T

Saturday 09-24-11.

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Vintage Merkur Slant Bar - 7 O'clock SharpEdge (yellow) #1 - Pre JASÖN - Coate's LE shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Truefitt & Hill - ASL Proraso.

Afeitado24-09-11003-1-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom