Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 12th March 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Felt like a rose scented face scrub tonight w/best badger so out with the Klar Kabinett, rose water w/WHZL (50/50 mix), B3 SS I just cleaned early tonight. Found a pack of Dorco 301s stacked and sacked up and stored with no ID in a foot locker. After ordering several hundred blades so that I can have a selection ... did you hear that? ... I found my stock tracking system is lacking. Inventory. Anyone know of a spreadsheet for tracking all type blades?

Behind the ears Czech & Speake Dark Rose (sample) and out the door for supper. Good mild 3 pass shave ... DORCO surprized me, I had written them off very early in 2010. Hmmm. Just a very nice shave.

Regards, Robert

Wrong picture, here's the correct one, both very good shaves, but the rose scent with this newly cleaned razor made my day.

Attachments

• Godrej and Commodore.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 28
  • SS B3 013.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 28
Wednesday
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest, Tubby 2
Razor: Henkotsu
Soap: Nannys The Spicey One
AS: Barbershop Bay Rum
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very clean :D
Bay Rum AS scent was nice, classic and rich in "flavour" :hungrig
007800x641.jpg

Weds 16th 6:00

It's proper London weather out there. Grey, the kind of thick mist that can't really decide if it wants to be rain. Today is not a menthol shave day, so time for a rummage through the draw.

Pre: hot shower
Soap: Nannys citrus with a hint of nutmeg, (bowl lather)
Brush: NF2221
Razor: Gillette English thick handle tech
Blade: Gillette yellow 7 o'clock, (fresh today)
Post post: wilkinson sword ASB
EDC: Penhaligons Quercus

Quite how I managed to nick myself with a tech is beyond me. Just goes to show it happens every so often.

The Nannys was a sample soap someone pifed me, (think it was max). Not sure it is really my kind of everyday smell buy it was just about perfect for this kind of grim morning.

Wednesday

Feather AC RG Non-Folding Razor
Feather Pro Super Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Provence Sante Soap
Alum
Bulldog asb
Penhaligon's Quercus (sample)

I seem to have found a couple of places that are proving difficult not to draw some blood. I need to work on this.

The Provence Sante is very good.

Ian

Good morning all:

Hot shower
EJ DE89
Boots blade
Men U Pure Bristle
Nannys Lime soap
one planet balm
Forest Fresh AS

Three passes, WTG XTG then a mixture of W,X and ATG (in places) resulting in a fine shave and one happy Jack Force.....I haven't used soap that often as I'm a novice. I have tended to use creams more but this was nice and fresh to wake me up and got a good lather- I think I read on this forum somewhere to use a bit of cold water with Nannys so went for that!!!! The blade had been used a couple of times previously but still performed, no nicks.

Wednesday:

Hot towl
Merkur 34c
Israeli Made Double Edged Razor Blade (New blade)
Pure Badger Shaving Brush
Cyril Salter Luxury Shaving Cream (Indian Sandalwood)
Witch Hazel (distilled from Boots chemist)
Kings Face Balm (Black pepper and sandalwood)

Somewhat sleepy this morning and did two passes (WTG then XTG) with a little touch up, I was sleepy and used a bit to much pressure on my neck can gave myself a small weeper.

I think I am going off the king's face Balm, I have some trumpers sandalwood on the way so looking forward to swapping to the skin food :)

Back to work I guess :(

Had a shave yesterday and i forgot i had a spot on my upper cheek and i accidently sliced it resulting in a bloodbath.

Thankfully Doctor Plus Alum from Connaught sorted it quick. :oops:

Wednesday

Razor: Rolls Vicount
Prep: KoS Shave Oil
Brush: NF Pure
Soap: Occitanie Cade
ASB: T&H 1805

Another shave with the Rolls, I'm really liking this thing, got another amazing shave, no nicks, no cuts, just perfect!
Going to start looking for a second one now... (keep my other one mint)

Max

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

Savile Row 208 badger
1970s Schick M type adjustable injector/Personna 74 Tungsten
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Lubin 'Idole de Lubin' EdT

Fourth shave in a row using this razor/blade combo........very nice!

BBS results,

Martin

Wednesday

Bath

Feather Portable - NEW. arrived in yesterday's post but too late for yesterday's shave.
Gillette Super Thin (1)
T&H Wellington Super BB
T&H Luxury Shaving Soap
WTG - XTG - XTG + touch ups
Thayers Astringent WH
Trumper's Sandalwood Skin Food
T&H Spanish Leather Cologne

After all the troubles I've had with this soap - see elsewhere - and knowing I shouldn't really use it when using a brand new razor I went ahead anyway. Ended up with a nice close shave.

Some irritation on the cheeks during 2nd/3rd passes but nothing that the Thayers - zinged/zung more than usual - and Trumpers haven't sorted out.

Quite like this combination of razor and blade. Number 2 in line after my Goodfella/Voskhod combi'. :cool:

TTFN. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom