Tuesday

White proraso pre/post
NF2201
Formula 31 lime
Laurel OC + GST (1)
Alum
Formula 31 lime A/S
Proraso ASB

A good shave. however for some reason I felt a bit rushed. Nice lather from the Formula 31.

Tuesday:

foggy and damp out side but:

Hot towl
Merkur 34c
Israeli Made Double Edged Razor Blade
Pure Badger Shaving Brush
Cyril Salter Luxury Shaving Cream (wild Rose)
Witch Hazel (distilled from Boots chemist)
Geo F Trumper Coral Shaving Skin Food

Did a three pass today WTG/XTG/ATG, just a slight bit of irritation on my upper lip and chin area I think I used a bit to much pressure.

I think my face prefers two passes and some light top ups from there.

I do like the Rose cream, its a lovely fresh smell. Going for sandlewood tomorrow I feel just so the effect of the smell of the rose does not ear off.

Over all very happy. :cool: :shave

Tuesday

Merkur Futur
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Provence Sante Soap
Bulldog asb

New soap, so used the Futur. Nice lather. Very slick and protective.

Ian

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields whitecap
1970s Schick M type adjustable injector/Personna 74 Tungsten (vintage)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Roger and Gallet L'homme 'Sport' EdT

BBS results,

Martin

Tuesday

Bath

Goodfella SB "Michelle"
Voskhod (4)
Semogue 1305
Palmolive Classic Cream
WTG - XTG - ATG + touch ups
Thayers Astringent
Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm
Trumper's Eau de Quinine Cologne

Nice shave. Think it's been a while since I used the Palmolive Cream on its own, such a good cream - only just got enough lather for three passes though, the last pass being a bit lacking in glide, but I put that down to the brush not being fully broken in yet. Still getting a nice smooth shave from the Voskhod though which I think helped with the lather shy third pass. This really is an awesome blade for me. :cool:

TTFN. . .

Tuesday, 03-15-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Rooney 1/2 Silvertip - UK Gillette Red Tip - Gillette Platinum #2 - Pre JASÖN - Edwin Jagger Aloe Vera shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - Gel Aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1 - ASL Myrsol Antesol.

Afeitado15-03-11003-1.jpg

Tuesday PM:

Musgo Real Glyce lime oil soap (for washing face and as part of uberlather)
Hot flannel
Merkur HD (chosen due to heavy growth - felt this suited the more aggressive Merkur)
Crystal Platinum (1)
RSC cream, bowl-lathered
Kent BK2
Boots witch hazel
Nivea Sensitive ASB

3 passes: WTG, XTG, XTG.

Result: DFS, almost BBS.

Much better than last time. Getting the brush full of wet suds from the Musgo Real before using the cream in the bowl helps add lubrication to a cream that I find a bit lacking in that department unless the amount of water added is spot-on. Add in a fresh blade, and a slower, more deliberate approach to my reduction passes (slower, shorter strokes) and the result is almost irritation-free and very close. :cool: :D

Tuesday is Dubl Duck day. Well, for some people it might be but I had to settle for doubling up on the razors. That midget Fermarud is awfully good for tidying up, but for a whole shave it's hard work.

SOTD150311.jpg

Gotta 120; Gebr. Lang "Fermarud" 3/8; New Forest 2201 two band; Tabac soap and aftershave.

Very hot flannel on my face for 30 seconds, then rubbed in a bit of lime shaving oil, then more hot flannel, and then a nicely worked up lather of Trumper's Limes soap with my Safetyrazors.co.uk silvertip brush. All peeled smoothly away by a Gillette Super Thin loaded into a '64 Slim Adjustable set at 4. With the grain and across the grain and a little touching up on the chin.

I'm not sure about the Slim Adjustable yet... I've been using my iKon open comb and my Feather All Stainless a lot lately, and the Slim Adjustable feels almost flimsy in comparison. One thing though, I think Super Thins work better in it than in the Feather All Stainless - less irritation and an easy close shave.

Tuesday, 15.Mar.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
Semogue 730 Silvertip
Geo F.Ttrumper's Coconut Oil shaving cream
British Aristocrat #66
Feather Hi-Stainless
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
Institut Karité Baume Aprés Rasage Hydratant

P1030523.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back