Blade: Treet Platinum
Razor: 64' Gillette Adjustable..dialed 9/7/5/9
Cup: big green coffee cup
Brush: 24..Country Uncle Badger

Attachments

• IMG_0221.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 29
Sunday 13th March

Provence Santé - Simpson Chubby 1 Best - Merkur 34C - Gillette Bleue (1) - Thayers Original Witch Hazel w/Aloe Vera Astringent - Dr. Henk's Dutch Moss ASB

First try with the Provence Santé and I found it performed well. I'm not a huge fan of the scent but that may be because the smell of 30 of them is pretty overwhelming. It took more loading and it was more work to generate the lather than with the Martin de Candre that I've been using for the last month. On first impression it's not as good as MdC but it still rates highly.

Sunday

4/8 USA Special
Ever Ready + Gem
NF 2213
Palmolive
Alum
Home made herby rum AS

I was planning a morning shave but abandoned the idea when SWMBO decided to put the dishwasher and washing machine on as I got into the shower and our combi boiler treated me to and alternate cold then scold treatment.

Eventually the makings of a great shave were soured. Shower (again with a hot shot as she decided to fill the kettle) then noisy children while I was trying to concentrate caused me have to stop halfway through and shout for them to keep it down then a loud thump made me jump and cut myself (not badly) added to that whatever I did with the NF2213 on its 1st outing wasn't right I think it holds more water than I was expecting, nice face feel though. Finished with an ATG and buff pass with the SE.

BBS was achieved although just like a bank holiday trip to the seaside you get there in the end but the journey isn't enjoyable, anyway time for a few glasses of Teachers to restore the equilibrium.

Late Sunday Evening:

EJ 89bl
Astra blade (first shave with this brand)
T&H Almond shave cream (first use of any type of cream)
V404

Quite a satisfying shave, but this morning I can feel a bit more stubble coming through than I had expected - could be down to either the new blade, lathering with cream for the first time, or my technique (DE novice)

Seriously looking forward to some Barber Shop Bay Rum getting applied before work in a wee while - be interesting to see the reactions.

Keep on Truckin!

Ainslie

Monday

Gillette '30s New & Wilkinson > Simpsons Chubby 2 Two band Super & MWF > Santa Maria Novella after shave lotion & Emulsione Analcolica > Prada EdT

Morning all.

Prep: Hot shower
Cream: Men U Ultra
Brush: Men U Pure bristle
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Boots
ASB: RSC
AS: Forest Fresh

Face shave today, remembered to focus on my technique. Leaving cartridges behind and taking up DE shaving must be similar to what people who learnt to drive in an automatic feel like when they have to start manual driving! More to think about, with the mach 3 I just went into a zone and scraped away over the same spot as hard as I wanted , especially when head shaving !!!!! Trouble is I still have that hanging over into my technique now.

So today went slow, let the weight of the razor do the work, no pressing etc.

Result, no nicks, no bleeding , just a great smooth shave.

One happy Jack Force!!!!! Shame I have to go to work! :lol:

Monday: 6:00

Mrs pirate has a cough, the cough wakes pirate cat from it's usual slumbering place on my feet. Pirate cat once awakened has a ritual of walking up my body and sniffing my face until I wake up. Tomorrow night might see me banished to the spare room in order to get a decent nights kip.

Shave

Music: homebrew compilation of 60's French yeah yeah pop.

Pre: very very long hot shower
Soap: proraso
Brush: NF2221
Razor: Fatboy
Blade: SS shark
AS: Tet-A-Tet

Nice to be back on the DE's for the week. BBS as usual.

Monday

Feather AC RG Non-folding razor
Feather Pro Super Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
L'Occitane Cade Shaving Soap
Bulldog asb

I was quite bleary-eyed at shave time this morning, and when it came to choosing either the Futur or the Feather AC, all common sense pointed to the Futur. As I reached out for it on the bathroom shelf, my hand did a last second detour and picked up the Feather, so I shaved with it.

WTG and XTG on my face, and 2 x WTG on my neck. No hassle. Quick enough and good enough. The only part that seems to cause me any trouble, is the cleft that runs horizontally between my bottom lip and my chin. A bit of blood but nothing a cold rinse couldn't handle.

Ian

Monday

Day started well:

Hot towl
Merkur 34c
Israeli Made Double Edged Razor Blade
Pure Badger Shaving Brush
Cyril Salter Luxury Shaving Cream (wild Rose)
Witch Hazel (distilled from Boots chemist)
Geo F Trumper Coral Shaving Skin Food

Lovely shave, missed a tiny bit on my upper lip but I was sleepy, no irritation though.

Walked into work however to find a county wide IT servers are down, sigh.

Going to be a busy morning!!

Monday

Physio today for the knee so thought nice shave and noticeing you lot have some sounds playing so sent the wife out walking the dogs and stuck some david gilmore in the stereo and turned the volume up.

but back to shaving
Wet flannel prep
Gillette Tech ballend
7 o'clock yellow
Man-U Brush
Artisan Shaving Soap (Mark 4)
Barbershop Traditional Bay Rum

Better lather than yesterday so must have been an off day 3 passes again wtc xtg and atg all seemed good, lather was drying out abit but soon sorted this ;)
Loving the smell of the Bay Rum, will defo be buying a proper bottle on pay day (assuming there is some in stock)

Monday
005800x661.jpg

Monday:

EJ de87
7 o'clock yellow
BS Maca Root + Palmolive ss
Muhle pure badger
Bulldog asb

Soundtrack - The Brian Jonestown Massacre 'Take It From The Man!' :cool:

An enjoyable shave this morning, with smooth gliding from the Maca/Palmolive superlather :)

Jos

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Ever Ready badger
1970s Schick M type adjustable injector/Personna 74 Tungsten (vintage)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
vintage Caron 'Yatagan' AS
Vintage Caron 'Yatagan' EdT

Same set up as yesterday, except I paid a little more attention to detail. Yeah, this particular injector blade is extremely sharp, which is a good thing as long as I don't get complacent. This razor is so easy to shave with.....almost like wiping them whiskers away.

BBS results,

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom