Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 12th March 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gents quick question, what does the number in brackets that people often put after the blade they are using signify?

Thanks in advance.

Jack Force said:
Gents quick question, what does the number in brackets that people often put after the blade they are using signify?

Thanks in advance.

It's the number of shaves they've used that blade for.

Saturday.

Music:- Black Sabbaths Greatest Hits
Bath:- The Big Oval Bath.
Cream:- Erasmaic Shaving Cream
Brush:- Men U
Razor:- My new Merkur 39C Slant
Blade:- Merkur(1) ( Came with the razor )
Alum block
After shave balm:- Bluebeards Revenge Post Shave Balm.

I was a little wary of the Merkur Slantblade after all I have read about it but my fears were unfounded! Lovely smooth shave, with not a single nick!

Saturday:

Vintage metal Contour handle + Slalom cartridge
BS Maca Root
Muhle badger
Bulldog asb

As a total contrast to yesterday's leisurely Slant ritual, today's was a time-limited cartridge speed shave. It did however provide an opportunity to try the metal Contour handle for the first time: It was more enjoyable than I expected, with a lovely smooth result - the heavy metal handle certainly felt much more pleasing to use than anything plastic. Back to the Slant tomorrow though... ;)

Jos

Saturday

Yardley SS/Fengel (Merkur) with Rapira Platinum Lux/Semogue SOC finest badger/Myrsol agua de limon/Weleda ASB

P1160579.jpg

P1160578.jpg

Saturday night:

A head shave on number one with the clippers to start with, then a shower and on to the shave.

Music: Stranger on the shore by Acker Bilk, plus Watermelon man and Cantaloupe Island by Herbie Hancock
Pre: Hot shower and T+H pre shave oil
Taylors lavender cream
Edwin Jagger black badger
Merkur 34C HD, Gillette 7 o'clock green super stainless (1)
Ogalalla bay rum limes and peppercorns
Crabtree and evelyn west indian limes EDT

3 passes, bowl lathered, beautiful result. Smooth, clean, comfortable. Fragrant.

Saturday, 12.Mar.2011

Predopo Proraso
Vulfix Grosvenor 404 "bodger"
Mühle Sea Buckthorn Raisierseife
Mühle R89
Personna "Continente"
Thayers Witch Hazel Lavender
Geo F. Trumper Coral Skin Food (sample)

P1030514.jpg

First use of the "bodger". OK, I'm impressed!

P1030508.jpg

Sunday
Gillette Fusion ProGlide
Simpson Duke 2 Best
Acqua Di Parma Colonia Cream

Just been for a little run. Going to have my porridge now and then get ready to go swimming with my youngest with a sauna and steam afterwards. Later we're going diving (off boards, not Scuba) followed by a big dinner and to round the day off I might go and whack a ball round the golf course.

Sunday, day of rest? Pah!

Sunday morning
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest High Mountain badger
Razor: Mappin & Webb the Trustworthy
Soap: Nannys The Spicey One
AS: Dr Harris Sandalwood
Scuttle and soap mug: Schwarzweisscheramik
Strops: Neil Miller linen/cardovan and an oil strop
Result: Very, very clean :D
I included a Wade and Butcher in todays pic, I´ve got high hopes for this Wade & Butcher and the scales are lovely (I hope they make it). But I used one of my sheffield favourites for todays almost exclusive British shave - my trustworthy Mappin. Brush and soap was stellar, those tips´ve the sofest tips of all my brushes and Nannys soap delivered big time :D
012783x800.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom