Status
Not open for further replies.
IanM said:
Friday

Merkur Futur
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Provence Sante Shaving Soap

That's it! Thought I'd give the PS soap a real test, so when I had finished shaving I rinsed with cold water and patted my face dry.

No a/s or asb of any description, and all seems okay. Slightly dry in the sideburn areas, but that's all.

Ian

Where's the Feather AC gone, Ian?

Haven't posted here for a while, Rest assured i have still been shaving and having some very good results and some not so quite good. Not many hiccups but the odd one now and then.
Well today was a little different from my norm so thought i would share.
Hot shower to start. While that was going on the NF2201 was gently soaking in warm water, along with a little water sitting on top of sunburyboy's soap sample(lime).
Hot flannel came next followed by loading the brush in steve's soap and then for a real change i face lathered it. Shear delight. Three passes followed using the HD rocket loaded with an iridium super, a blade i haven't used since i started back in August.
Alum and sunburyboys bay rum finished the experience, and what a pleasurable experience is was too.
Credit where credits due. Steve your soap is mustard, the dangly bits of a well hung dog, and any other praising thoughts you care to come up with.
With nanny's semi soft soap, Henks cream and your glycerine soap i have all i require. This stuff knocks Cade into a cocked hat. Very well done. :D

Germany again, but with a supporting cast from the Med and thereabouts:

SOTD180311_2.jpg

Electric Razor Company "Hamburg Ring" 13/16; Semogue 2009 LE; P.160 Morbido; Musgo Real Classic aftershave.

Eeeeeeeek! Not as good a shave tonight........

I think I should have put new blades in before I started shaving. I'm sure that blunt blades are worse that cheap blades for shaving with!

Tonight's shave:-

Preparation:- Hot shower

Music:- Black Sabbath

Soap:- Erasmic shaving soap

Brush:- Edwin Jagger Super Badger large

Razor:- Merkur Futur

Blade:- Derby Extra (4)

That was with the grain. I then re-lathered and then did a second pass with my Merkur 39C Slantblade across the grain.

Alum block

Aftershave balm:- Original Source After Shave Balm

Proraso Pre & Post
Gillette Fat Boy
Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow
EJ Sea Buckthorn shaving cream
Semogue 1305
L'Occitane ASB
Superdrug Forest Fresh AS

First time using a Fat Boy and defo a work in progress.

Nice shot du212, and damn nice razor too.

Evening shave, hot bath first

Tony Miller Latigo
5/8 Hollow German 'Blue Fox'
Palmolive soap
Kent H8
Alum
Professor Blighty's Grapewood aftershave.

My shaves with the straights are not quite as close as I can get with a safety or cart but my skin seems to like it and I do like being able to shave 50% of my face before needing to rinse or wipe the blade for the first pass. I'm also really liking playing around with different finishing hones and pastes.

After a few months of use I'm thinking the Prof's aftershave splash is the best I've ever used. Thanks Martin

joe mcclaine said:

Oh , it's still around.

There's a couple of places on my face that I kept "catching", so have given it a bit of a rest while they heal.

It may well make an appearance tomorrow.

Ian

IanM said:
joe mcclaine said:

Oh , it's still around.

There's a couple of places on my face that I kept "catching", so have given it a bit of a rest while they heal.

It may well make an appearance tomorrow.

Ian

Nice.

I couldn't shave many days running as I suffered a bit of 'skin thinning'.

Friday:

EJ de87
Feather
BS Maca Root + Palmolive ss
Muhle pure badger
Bulldog asb
Acqua di Parma colonia

After several days of cartridge shaves due to travelling to Germany for work, it was a pleasure to get back to the precision tool DE for a nice leisurely shave today :)

Jos

Kent T4
Martin de Candre - where has this soap been all my life??? :hungrig
Filarmonica 13 in white scales
Santa Maria Novella after shave balm

Attachments

• DSCF0054.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 20
Saturday AM.

Musgo Real Glyce lime oil soap
Hot flannel
Slim Adjustable
SuperMax Stainless (3)
TOBS sandalwood cream, bowl-lathered
Kent BK2
Boots witch hazel
Nivea Sensitive ASB

3 passes: WTG, XTG, XTG, all on setting 5 as suggested by man of leisure.

Result: DFS. :cool:

I like the idea of doing the WTG passes on 5, but I think next time I'll go WTG on 6 or even 7 to see what that does; possibly 7 WTG, then 6 XTG and 5 XTG in the other direction, with 4 for touch-ups if I decide to do them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom