Saturday

Feather Artist Club RG non-folding Razor
Feather Pro Super Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Cella
Alum
Bulldog asb
Czech & Speake Oxford and Cambridge edt

First shave with the Feather, and I think I like it! The blades are VERY sharp so no real issues there, and the non-folding design is easier to handle than a traditional folding straight.

As always, easier to shave the face than the neck, and this was indicated when the alum hit!

Ian

Saturday
Gillette Fusion ProGlide
Simpson Tulip T2 Super
Czech & Speake #88 soap
Czech & Speake #88 EDT

Saturday

Razor: Fatboy
Blade: 7 o'clock yellow
Brush: Duke 2
Cream: Taylors shaving shop

First outing of my new fatboy. I started with it set to 5, it was rather pleasant but may go to 4 next time and see what happens. Its a great razor. Is it worth the extra over a slim? IMO yes!

Also though I'd try out my sample of skin food after using Prof B's balms, very disappointed by this. My skin still felt dry and tight. I may try it Pre shave and post shave next to see if it makes any difference.

The shave was BBS :D

Prep: 2 hour walk with hound
Hot shower

Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Derby extra
Cream: Connaughts peppermint
Brush: Men U
ASB: Boots essentials
AS: Black Suede

Don't think the derbys are as smooth as the boots blades I've used previously. Having only ever used the 2 types will have to explore further, maybe get some W/Sword ones next time I'm in boots.

Still an acceptable shave though and I feel good..... :)

SATURDAY :shave
Usual prep, face washed in warm/hot water in the sink, while brush soaked in a coffee cup of warm water.
Merkur 13C
Dorco Blade
New Forest 2201
ToBS Sandalwood Luxury Shaving Cream, mixed in the coffee cup after removing brush and water.
Sunburyboys Bay Rum After Shave

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields whitecap
1958 Executive/Iridium
Halston SS (vintage)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Caron 'Yatagan' EdT

Second shave using this soap. I put a fresh blade in the Executive, hoping that mighta been the problem yesterday. I also screwed around with the lather a bit, trying to find the sweet spot to the soap. I've come to the conclusion this product just isn't for me.

Yeah, I had high hopes for the stuff, having seen how great the practice lather I first made up looked. Actually using it for shaving is where it falls short...........heh. Oh well, it was a crapshoot anyway, and this one didn't quite work out.

Sad shave this morning,

Martin

Saturday

Bath

Merkur 34C HD
Crystal IP (1)
Semogue 1305
Musgo Real
WTG - XTG - XTG - no touch ups
Thayers Astringent WH
Nivea Sensitive AS Balm
Armani AS

First outing for the HD for about a month - since it took a chunk out of my chin on it's first outing. :oops:

For me this razor is a bit of a beast that needs to be tamed. First pass WTG wasn't too bad, but the next two passes were full of irritation and it nicked me under the nose with a couple more weepers elsewhere, so didn't even dream of attempting an ATG pass. Got what looks like razor rash too. :(

Don't shave on Sundays so plenty of time for the skin to settle down, but will be using 'Michelle' on Monday and give the HD a couple of weeks or so back in it's box so it can think about behaving itself in the future. :eek:

TTFN. . .

Saturday, 03-11-11. MUSIC: Jethro Tull_LP To Old to Rockn'roll, to young to die.

images

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Rooney 1/3 Silvertip - Merkur 37C Slant - Treet Classic #2 - Pre JASÖN - Monsavon shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - Vegetal Oil Martin de Candre chamomile - ASL Pinaud Clubman.

Afeitado12-03-11001-1.jpg

Saturday

Futur #3
Wilkinson Sword #2
Omega 81052 Boar
RSC Menthol Cream
Alum
Tabac ASL

DFS, the RSC cream is good but its a mild menthol in comparison with Ingram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom