Thursday

Merkur Futur
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Provence Sante Soap
Alum
Bulldog asb
Penhalogon's Hammam Bouquet

It became apparrent that yesterdays shave with the Feather AC was a little to 'hot', and my mid morning my face was rather warm. Back to a DE for a bit.

Ian

Thursday, 17.Mar.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
LiJün&1980 Finest
GFT Coconut Oil Shaving Cream
Mühle R89
Derby Extra Horizontal
Cutoline Alumn Block
Institut Karité Baume Aprés Rasage Hydratant

P1030544.jpg

Thursday
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson PJ 3
Razor Red Imp
Soap and AS/cologne: Pro Bilghty´s Grapewood
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very clean :D
The good ol professors stuff looks like wild west gear to me and you can see the Red Imps holster too - American shave today and ZZ Top as soundtrack (worked perfect as stropping music) . Close and very nice shave and Martins stuff smells wonderfull. I got a couple of tiny nicks, but that didn´t bother me much :D
005800x618.jpg

MWF Hand Soap,
GFT Lime SF as prep,
Palmolive classic SS,
Dovo 5/8,
Razorock Alum,
GFT Lime SF,
L'Occitan EdT.

SOTDMar17th2011.jpg

A very very close shave.
I'm quite surprised as I was trying to work round the cut trying to heal from the other morning!

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields whitecap
1958 Executive/Schick Super Chromium (NOS)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
vintage Dior 'Eau Sauvage' EdT

First time using these old blades, and they're almost as nice as my go to Iridium ones. Smooth, sharp, and forgiving, and hopefully I'll get a bunch of shaves from this blade.

BBS results,

Martin

Thursday AM:

Musgo Real Glyce lime oil soap
Hot flannel
Gillette slim adjustable
Supermax stainless (2)
TOBS sandalwood tube cream, face-lathered
TOBS synthetic brush
Boots witch hazel
Nivea Sensitive ASB

3 passes: WTG, (5) XTG, (4) ATG, (3).

Result: DFS, though a bit rough on RHS just above jawline.

Practiced my holiday shaves today. Shave was going so well, so comfortable and nice, that I tried replacing the second XTG pass with a gentle ATG pass. Unfortunately, this caused some irritation (no weepers on upper lip, though - a first for me going ATG there) and didn't really get me any closer than a more comfy XTG pass on 4 or 5; in fact, I think that would be closer - especially if I used 6 WTG and then 5 XTG both ways. Ah well, you live and learn. :) :shave

Thursday

Bath

Feather Portable
Voskhod (1)
T&H Wellington Super BB
T&H Grafton Cream
WTG - XTG
444 Alum Block
Thayers Unscented Toner WH
T&H Ultimate Comfort AS Balm

Funny old game this. Had a lovely shave yesterday with the new Feather Portable and Gillette Super Thin, so thought I would try my so far favourite blade today, the Voskhod. OUCH is the only word that springs to mind right now :(

Not a nice shave at all!!! So much so that I could only manage 2 passes before I gave up - just as well that I'm off 'til Monday. This razor/blade combination is not for me, it's left my face feeling like it's on fire, even had to go with the Alum today :oops:

Back to 'Michelle' tomorrow.

TTFN. . .

I would like to say thank you too all you guys for the information advice and encouragement on this forum, it really has made shaving sooooooooooooo much better and I feel that I have learned a lot quicker than by trial and error alone! :D

Tonight's shave:-

Preparation:- Hot shower

Music:- Radio 2

Soap:- Erasmic shaving soap

Razor:- Merkur Futur

Blade:- Derby Extra (3)

That was with the grain. I then re-lathered and then did a second pass with my Merkur 39C Slantblade across the grain.

Alum block

Aftershave balm:- Original Source After Shave Balm

I over did it with the after shave balm, and I am sitting here typing with a very wet face!

Overall I think it is my best shave yet. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Pre:

* hot flannel
* create a 99-er with TOBS sensitive cream
* de-mist bathroom mirror with wilkinson's squeegee
* re-flannel face

Shave:

* applied shave cream
* shaved with derby extra blades WTG

* re-applied cream
* re-shaved WTG

* blob of nivea sensitive post-shave balm slapped round the chops

Great shave, tiny price

America today ... well that's easy then. I've only got the one, ugly brute that it is, but it's a favourite:

SOTD170311_2.jpg

Lindsay Mfg. Co. Pittsburgh, PA "Lindsay's Choice"; Omega Pro 49; Prairie Creations soap; Lacura aftershave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom