Confiança EdC
444 Balm

sam0703.jpg

MWF Original face prep
Provence Santé
Feather AS
Astra Stainless Steel blade
Dutch Moss ASB

Nice smell of the PS, but need to try some other technique for face lathering. Same as learning the right "best cutting" angle of the Feather AS.

Love the feeling to learn new things and to be better in that everytime.
Laci

As Mikael's excellent pic suggests,the theme is Japan today, which really had me flummoxed. This was the only way to do it (the kamisori is a work in progress, and it's just there to pretty things up):

SOTD150311-1.jpg

Gillette NEW with Feather blade; Kent BK4; Taylor's sandalwood cream and aftershave.

Wednesday, 03-16-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Rooney 1/2 Silvertip - GEM Micromatic closed comb - GEM #3 - Pre JASÖN - TABAC shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Alt Innsbruck - ASL Alt Innsbruck thanks to marmottefarcie.

Afeitado16-03-11-1.jpg

Razor: ikon
Blade: 7 o'clock yellow
Brush: semogue 830
Soap: ended up using boots stick

I initially started out using honeybee spa soap but my skin started to tingle/burn so washed it off. Crap soap for me.

As my skin was irritated, lead on to be a poor shave.

First one in ages!

Razor: Merk Futur
Blade: Personna Red
Brush: Vulfix 404 Bodger
Oil: Nuage menthol
Cream: Palmolive

2 days growth now gone and face feels great, oil really helped against the burn I sometimes experience. :shave

Wednesday

iKon Deluxe Bulldog OC
Voskhod (2)
Razorock Almond shave Cream
Frank Shaving Butterscotch Finest Badger
Prep After Shave Balm

Basically I am using shaving gear from Russia, Thailand, China & Italy. Spreading the wealth.

Sir Irisch Moos stick for an extreme change of pace. Amazing what this stuff can do just by scribbling on your face. Wonderful stuff. 620 is so broke in. D3 Rhodie I bought from a friend for 25 pounds; I don't know where he got it. Great shaver and I may have to replace the other Fatboy in my rotation with this one. But I'm all over the map with these new purchases. Rhodium is very nice to look at. Brut ASB.

All the best, Robert

Attachments

• Rhodium Fatboy D3.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 42
Hot Shower
Loccitane Cade Face Scrub
NF2211
Fitjar Mint Cream
Sanguine X-D20 Shavette with Gillette Super Platinum Blade
Loccitane Face Splash
Fitjar Mint ASB

Back on the shavette after a few days only the 1 pass but a nice smooth shave with only a couple of nicks.
Still honing my skills with this piece of kit but found going ATG on my neck a lot easier.

Thursday 17th. 6:00 again

Never mind the weekend is just around the corner. Its another misty grim day out there.

Music: none, back to radio 4.

Company: Pirate cat decided to join me this morning. Sitting in empty bathtub purring. Somethings not right in the head with that beast.

Pre: wet face while swearing during hunt for khaki shirt and brown tie.
Brush: sem 1305
Soap: Nanny's citrus with a hint of nutmeg.
Lather: Heath Robinson scuttle. (small bowl sat in bigger chrome bowl full of hot water).
Razor: Fat handle English Tech
Blade: Gillette yellow 7'oclock (2)
Adjunct: Tet-a-Tet Aftershave.

Tet-a-Tet reserves worryingly low. I have a new lead however.

The Tech: I have been seduced by adjustables for the last few months and my techs have been neglected. Coming back to them is leading to some surprising conclusions; I am starting to wonder if they truly are the great starter razors people say they are. The comparative lack of weight means you tend to over compensate with pressure which can lead to the odd weeper. Lovely, lovely mellow shaves when you get it right however and they are a true design classic.

End result, BBS.

(khaki shirt and brown tie combo were found in the end. 60's Jaques Dutronc look achieved as intended)

Le monde entier est un cactus
Il est impossible de s'assoir
Dans la vie, il y a qu'des cactus
Moi je me pique de le savoir
Aïe aïe aïe, ouille, aïe aïe aïe

Thursday 17th March

Provence Santé - Semogue 2010 Custom Boar - Edwin Jagger DE87 - Gillette Bleue (1) - Alt Innsbruck

Very good. First outing for this razor. Nice, smooth, efficient, comfortable shave.

Little sluggish today as I recover from an all you can eat Indian and Chinese buffet yesterday evening :hungrig

Hot shower
EJ DE 89
Personna
Palmolive SC
W/S Bristle
Essentials asb
Forest Fresh asl

As I explore the cheaper end of the shaving landscape :) I purchased a w/s brush yesterday and used it this morning, worked well, seemed to whip up an acceptable lather quicker than my usual Men U brush so not a bad aquisition. Still got to save up for some badger though for some luxury.

Head and face shave and the head shave was good, really relaxed with this now. Face shave was a one pass with touch ups and perfectly acceptable.

I once again yesterday made a purchase without checking on here first :oops: When I bought the brush I purchased some W/Sword shave soap, which now I have read the comments on here I dont expect to be any good.

However I will try it probably tomorrow.

Thursday (nearly the end of the week)

Hot towl
Merkur 34c
Israeli Made Double Edged Razor Blade
Pure Badger Shaving Brush
Taylor of Old Bond St Shaving Cream (Avocado)
Witch Hazel (distilled from Boots chemist)
Trumpers skin food (limes)

Felt like giving the Taylor's another go as i was not impressed the first time. Looks like I owe taylor's an apology as my technique has gotten better for making a lather and got a nice good sleepy clean shave.

Just two light passes as i was not really with it this morning but got good results from the two passes (WTG and XTG).

The Avocado and limes skin food go well together for me.

I did miss a little bit but I am presentable for work, just need to get up a bit earlier and be a bit more awake ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom