Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 12th March 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday, 18.Mar.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
LiJün&1980 Finest
Edwin Jagger Aloe Shaving Cream (sample)
Mühle R89
Derby Extra Horizontal
Thayers Witch Hazel Lavender
Institut Karité Baume Aprés Rasage Hydratant

P1030552_2.jpg

P1030552.jpg

Friday 18th,

Looks like a lovely day outside. poppycock to wearing a suit today!

Interesting news this morning so radio four again. Last day of Cheltenham so I might have a flutter on the ponies later.

Pre: shower
Soap: Monsavon
Brush: Sem 1305 (facelather)
Blade: Sputnik (1)
Razor: Ikon bulldog handle & English Tech head, (straight gap base plate style)
Adjunct: Tet-a-Tet

The killer combination of the 1305 and Monsavon again. Great combination these two, lather bomb.

The good old frankentech did it's job and I can heartily recommend the ikon handles to anyone wanting to get more variation out of a three piece razor collection. The added heft gives a more contemporary shave than a vanilla tech.

Sputnik; beep.... Did it's job.... Beep... Little unexciting.... Beep.... Very average blade.... Beep

Cracking walk to the station this morning, heard a woodpecker on the common.

EJ DE89
Personna
Men U Cream and brush
RSC ASB
Black Suede AS

Well, tried to use some wilkinson sword shaving soap but the lather produced disappeared in to nothing when applied to the face. I don't know whether I just didnt prepare it right but I suspect its just not good. Ah well thats 2 quid I could have given to charity. I might just break it up into chunks and use it as hand soap!!!!! Another example of where I should have checked this forum first.

So had to switch to the men U cream. I must have lost my stride as I have missed a small patch under the chin. But hey ho its just a work day and I'm acceptable.

Good morning.

Friday:

Gillette : Wilkinson : Simpson : MWF : Floid : Henriksen : Hermes

SOTD_18Mar.jpg

Perfect match (scent-wise) between the moisturizer and the perfume. This is not to fool one though, as the Henriksen cream feels a tad heavy, at least after first use.
The only addition to make the whole set more balanced scent-wise would be the EJ Sea Buckthorn shaving cream/soap and to replace the Italian Blue Floid with something else.

An excellent shave, once again.

Friday: (Woot!)

Hot towl
Merkur 34c
Israeli Made Double Edged Razor Blade
Pure Badger Shaving Brush
Cyril Salter Luxury Shaving Cream (Citrus)
Witch Hazel (distilled from Boots chemist)
Trumpers skin food (limes)
Taylor's of old Bond Street Aftershave (No.74 Victorian Lime)

Last week using the Israeli blades before trying another brand, I opted to keep things the same (almost) and changed my cream today. Will christen the new gillettes next week.

The citrus was lovely and fresh and the aftershave was a treat for my wife as I tend to only use aftershave when going out.

A good three pass shave (WTG, XTG, ATG) however I think I used a bit to much pressure on my upper lip as it feels just a litle irritation, the trumpers skin food has done its job but just a mental note to take it easy when going ATG.

Over all very happy and BBS shave achieved, even my female boss commented on my aftershave this morning wanting to know what it is so that she can get some for her husband.

Ho hum, back to work I guess.

Friday

Merkur Futur
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Provence Sante Shaving Soap

That's it! Thought I'd give the PS soap a real test, so when I had finished shaving I rinsed with cold water and patted my face dry.

No a/s or asb of any description, and all seems okay. Slightly dry in the sideburn areas, but that's all.

Ian

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields whitecap
1958 Executive/Schick Super Chromium (NOS)
Dr Dittmar SS
SebaMed AS
Annick Goutal 'Eau d' Hadrien' EdT (think lemon)

First time using this soap, sent to me by a buddy in Deutschland (thanks Michael). This is one I hadn't heard of before and it seems like a good product. I'll try it again once or twice more, but I believe it's gonna be a keeper. Easy to lather with a nice scent and performance.

BBS results,

Martin

Friday
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Shavemac D01 two band
Razor: Henckels Friodur
Soap and AS: Tabac
Strops. Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
Not only was everything German today (even my MWF scuttle ... hmm, the scales where made by an american by the name Max though ... but that´s a German name, :lol: ), it was an excellent shave and excellent gear and huge aswell - that´s a 300 ml Tabac bottle and the brush has a 30 mm knot and even though the blade is huge too, it shaves me very well :D. I´ve thought that this brush maybe is to big and that I maybe should sell it, but when I use it I change my mind. As the Monty Phyton guys once said: LUXURY!
010800x607.jpg

Hot Shower
Loccitane Cade Face Scrub
NF2211
Fitjar Mint Shaving Cream
A Straight from Tazz not sure of the make
Loccitane Face Splash
Fitjar Mint ASB

Received another straight from Tazz who has kindly lent me it.
Just the one pass as still getting used to using straights and this took me about 20 mins but no cuts or nicks this time.
Just had to touch up under my chin with my slim adjustable but really enjoyed the shave.

Cheers again Tazz

Friday

Looooong Bath

Goodfella SB "Michelle"
Voskhod (5)
T&H Wellington Super Badger Brush
ToBS Lemon & Lime Cream
WTG - XTG - ATG + touch ups
Thayers Astringent
Trumper's Extract of Limes Skin Food

Back to Bliss. Nuff said :lol:

TTFN. . .