Goodfella SB "Michelle"
Voskhod (3)
T&H Wellington Super Badger Brush
T&H 1805 SC
WTG - XTG - ATG + touch ups
Thayers Unscented Toner
T&H 1805 AS Balm
T&H Spanish Leather Cologne

Yup, the Goodfella/Voskhod work really well together. Just love the shave they give. Love the T&H 1805 range too ;)

Damn fine shave.

TTFN. . .

MWF Hand Soap,
Sir Irisch Moos SS,
Simpson Special in Best,
Dovo 5/8,
Razorock Alum,
GFT Coral SF,
L'Occitan EdT.

SOTDMar14th2011.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Somebody? (No-one has owned up yet!) Slammed the kitchen door!
I jumped! With almost three inches of incredibly sharp steel against my cheek! :eek:

Monday AM

EJ DE89L
Red Personna (1)
T&H Turnback in Super
Ingram's Cream

Dr Henk's #6 ASB Dutch Moss

Three pass, face lather.

Excellent shave. A debut for the brush (it shed about a dozen hairs - hopefully it's only growing pains) and it lathered and felt lovely.

I'm on a real roll with Ingram's cream at the moment.

As it appears to be the thing to now list, I shaved to the sound of Washington County by Arlo Guthrie. A sublime 1970 album and a key part of the soundtrack of my life.

:D

Saturday (away):

• Heljestrand BK 36 (pre-stropped before the weekend)
    NF 2211
    Bodyshop Maca root cream
    Dexeril moisturiser as ASB (mixed with TOBS cologne)

Result: DFS

Was a bit of a game in deciding what to take with me this weekend, went for the trusty BK 36.
    Didn't want to take a strop, so I pre-stropped it before leaving. (only needed one shave while away)[/list:u]

Monday (back home):
    • Rolls Razor
      KoS shave oil
      MWF
      NF Pure brush
      Bodyshop ASB

Result: BBS
      [/list:u]

The Rolls is really nice, it takes it's place nicely between straights and DEs.
      I'm going to have to find another one for travel, since mine is really to mint to take with me!
      I think this would be my ideal travel razor. (should have taught about that before leaving on Friday!

Max

Monday, 03-14-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Rooney 1/3 Silvertip - Merkur 37C Slant - Gillette Platinum #1 - Pre JASÖN - Karl Kabinett shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - Gel Aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1 - ASL Tres Flores.

Afeitado14-03-11002-1.jpg

Yesterday I ended up in the Gentlemens Shop in Hungerford. The lady who worked there gave some good advice and I ended up buying some Taylors of Old Bond Street Sensitive shaving cream. It's damn good.

So today and yesterday I shaved with:

• (DE razor of unknown make) (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.s5h.net/wiki/images/e/e8/Butterfly_double_edge_razor.jpg">http://www.s5h.net/wiki/images/e/e8/But ... _razor.jpg</a><!-- m -->)[/list:u]
    • TOBS Sensitive[/list:u]
      • nivea post-shave balm (sensitive)[/list:u]

I had damn good results skin-wise. The only faults are in my own craftsmanship (pulling skin too tight during neck areas).

The problem I now have is that I've got hooked on the smell of this after just two shaves. Unfortunately the one I thought I'd like the most (Lime) would probably not be so good on the face.

I just could´t resist today aquisitions and needed to try first time "the sharpest DE blade on earth" with a "Super engeneered piece of steel" together with awesome "Dutch Moss" from Henk (thank you).
Thanks to Jarrod from SuperiorShave for a great services and fast shippment (from Jacsonville to Czech Republic - 6 w.days)

Shower + MWF Lanolin soap on the face
Feather AS + Feather Hi Stainless
Vulfix 404 "Grosvendor"
MWF puck
Alum block (SVK)
Dutch Moss ASB

3 passes, WTG + 2 x ATG ........clean and smooth shave, just 2 nicks on the neck( will concentrate next time)
Used Alum today after 2 months, because of the "too sharp edge" for the first time. Next time will use no drag with my hand :twisted: .
Laci

A choice of Sweden, Spain or France today. There's been a welter of Filis, Heljestrands and TIs, but nothing much like this cutie pie from Sweden:

SOTD140311.jpg

J A Hellberg 4/8; vintage travel brush reknotted in best badger by Neo; Nanny's Ice 'n' a Slice (menthol and lime) soft soap; witch hazel; Musgo Real No.2 oakmoss cologne.

A very clean shave, and a silent one to boot. Cheers to Mikael for the razor, Sharon for the soap, Chris for the brush and Martin for the cologne :D Oh yes, and Boots for the witch hazel.

Kent T4
Creed Original Vetiver SS
6/8 Le Grelot 1/4 grind
Santa Maria Novella Emulsione Analcolica

Attachments

• DSCF0053.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 41
Monday, 14.Mar.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
Semogue 730 Silvertip
Geo F.Ttrumpers Limes shaving cream (sample)
British Aristocrat #66
Feather Hi-Stainless
Thayers Witch Hazel Cucumber
Proraso Crema Liquida

P1030529.jpg

GFT Limes is an excellent cream, but... the scent is far from being my favourite. Too "lemony" for my taste.

That shaving cream smells so good. Gillette Platinum blade used 2 wonderful shaves now. Going to use until I have to bin it. Red Tip has two + signs underneath either side where handle meets the head. They tell me this set of markings identifies a more agressive razor than the regular red tip. I didn't do a snopes on this information. All the best from the Northwest, Robert

Attachments

• Red Tip (+) C2.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 23
Tuesday

Gillette '30s New & Wilkinson > Simpsons Chubby 2 Two band Super & MWF > Santa Maria Novella lozione dopo barba & emulsione analcolica > Amouage Dia EdP

Show more

Once again, fast and excellent. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom