Shave of the day w/c 26/11/2011

sotd 29.11.11

proraso pre & post
valobra uber lather ( stick and soap palm lathered )
nf tubby 2
fillette alu tech + gillette platinum (4)
proraso as
thayers witch hazel

interesting combo the stick and croap - did it make any difference ? the jury is still out

but still a nice shave :))

This morning:

Nivea face wash
Feather Artist Club RG (wood), ProGuard blade (2)
Taylor's Violets cream
New Forest High Mountain Badger
Bulldog ASB
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet cologne

Another very close, very comfortable shave. The usual spot or two to an exploratory tissue on the right side of the throat. Must try to sort that out. (It's no worse then I usually did with a DE, mind.)

Tuesday

Nice long relaxing one today

Merkur 34c
Shark SS
Semogue 2015
Proraso Soap
Thayers Superhazel
Vifrex Menthol AS

IMAG0009.jpg

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Muhle, 25 mm silvertip
Razor: Welcome
Soap: Provence Santé
AS: Code
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

New brush (from a trade) and I'm very pleased with how it behaves, some funky new badger/brush syndrome, but this is a very nice soft tip brush (even though not to floppy, was going to be my cream brush, but it'll work great with this kind of soaps too). Tall as a Polo 8 and with some heavy weight to it, just like how I like 'em :D
016800x621.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

old Marshall Fields 2 band badger
1958 Executive/Schick Super Stainless Krona
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
St Johns Bay Rum cologne

Tried yet another new to me vintage blade this morning, and the shave was a good one. Not quite as sharp as an Iridium, but still a blade I could use every day if needed.

It was nice not having to pay attention to detail, as I needed to do with those supersharp old Personna74 blades. Heh, matter of fact, yesterday (hours later) I noticed a good sized spot of blood under my chin from user error with the Personna. Didn't even feel the cut when it happened......sheesh these damn things are sharp bastards.

BBS results,

Martin

Tuesday 11- 29-11. MUSIC: Prince_LP 1999.

RRW23720LP.jpg

Soap la Chinata oliva - Morris & Forndran 25X53 Blonde Badger - Merkur 39C Slant - Feather #4 - Pre JASÖN - MÜHLE Sandalwood shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Geo F. Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food - ASL Spark.

29-11-2011.jpg

Tuesday, November 29. Good Morning!

Morning Coffee: Hills Brothers Original Blend
Prep: Wash face with Musgo Real Glyce Lime
Razor: Schick G1
Blade: Schick
Soap: MWF
Brush: Semogue 2011 LE Finest Bristle 1 #49
Scuttle: Dirty Bird 1.5
[attachment=3884]

Attachments

• Photo0920.jpg
    Photo0920.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 15
My first shave with a decent DE blade. Previously I've been using Wilko's 40p for a box of 5 Laser blades. This morning things changed...

Aluminium ball end tech
Taylors sandlewood cream lathered on to my mush with a Wilkinson Sword brush post shower
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow in the razor

:D

I think that I may need some work on my technique though. My face feels great but my neck isn't so smooth, ho hum, there's always tomorrow morning.

Why do they glue the blades in to the paper? It's bit of a faff.

Toodeloo all.

Tuesday:

TOBS Almond
Bluebeards Scimitar DE
Derby blade
Shaving factory brush

Lovely shave, no nicks, WTG, XTG, ATG. No problems, nice hot flannel first.

Not used any post-shave lotion, after the brass monkeys early cycle yesterday, face is a bit chapped, so better remember to do something about it tomorrow morning in the 2mins I have spare - just like every morning. Inflating the tyres will have to wait if I want to savour the sweet smell of the almond again.

Back
Top Bottom