Shave of the day w/c 26/11/2011

Hot Shower
Merkur 38B
Super Iridium (4)
Unbranded Badger Brush
TOBS Eton College
GFT Lime Skin Food
TOBS Jermyn Street Cologne

Shouldn't have pushed the blade to a 4th use, especially so as I was running late for work and rushed the shave, plus I missed a shave yesterday so it was a 4th shave blade trying to cope with 2 days growth.

2 passes, not the smoothest, adequate for work, but must make a better effort tomorrow. Probably break out the Polsilvers.

Monday, Monday...
After reading this site all weekend it thought that I would do an All British Shave Day!!
Razor: Gillette "British Pat 1902"**
Blade: Wilkinson Sword
Soap: MWF
Brush: Frank's fine badger
Aftershave: TSR's own Bay Rum
Yes, the date is right 1902. The pat dated for the British was before the US!
'***The British factory was opened around 1907 I think and the Diamond logo didn't come out until 1908. It is standard for early British sets. "The owner of Patent 28763 of 1902...". That is the British Pat. number and the British Pat. year.'

Monday 11-28-11. MUSIC: Prince_LP Dirty Mind.

8633937.jpg

Soap la Chinata oliva - Morris & Forndran 25X53 Blonde Badger - Merkur 39C Slant - Feather #3 - sin Pre - Martin de Candre shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Myrsol Emulsión - ASL Myrsol Agua Balsámica.

28-11-2011004-1.jpg

MONDAY NIGHT 'AWAY ON A COURSE' SHAVE

Thought I'd take some stuff with me that I wouldn't be too gutted about if it got nicked so:

Gillette Fat Handle OC
Derby blade (1 then bin)
Vulfix 404
Clinique M-shave aloe shave gel
Prof Blighty yellow unction

Oh dear.

A truly terrible shave. Have cut myself to blazes which I've never done with this razor before.

Can't believe I ever thought the Clinique was good and it's sodding expensive too! Am only using it as it was part of a gift pack about a year and a half ago (pre DE shaving). It worked reasonably OK-ish with a full badger, but it didn't work with the bodger at all and provided very little cushioning or glide.

And the Derby has been binned after one use!

Ah well, we live and learn!

Monday

Thomas Turner "Lancet Edge"
Vie Long Horse & Badger Mix
Culmak Soap
Alum
Old Spice Whitewater
359zvqa.jpg

An excellent shave, the blade is super sharp but could do with being a touch smoother. I think a few laps on the Coticule before the next shave are called for.

Tuesday Moring

Pre : Hot Shower followed by Pre shaving Proraso
Razor : Merkur 25C
Blade:Treet (4 day and last )
Brush : Simpsons Commodore X3 Best
Cream : C.O.Bigelow
ASL : Alum + Proraso Splash

Tuesday
Gillette HD Rocket (aluminium handle)
Personna, Red pack
Semogue 830
Old Spice shaving stick
Old Spice aftershave splash
Old Spice aftershave balm

I now smell old and spicy.

Gillette Slim Adjustable on 4 with English Wilkinson Sword blade
St. James of London Founders Reserve cedarwood and clarysage shaving cream
No post-shave except cold water

This blade has been used 4 times now. It's taken three passes to get a close shave; probably hasn't got much more than that as just didn't feel very keen. It has also rusted badly on one of the non-shaving edges so into the used blade bank it goes. Decent shave.

L'Occitane Verbena soap
Razor Feather AS-SS
Blade Feather Light
Brush Le Tuft Le une grande custom
Mitchells Woolfat
Alum + Propolis
Balm Founders reserve mandarin & Patchouli
Coty Raw Vanilla Eau de cologne.

Jamie.

A delightful shave, the Feather AC-SS as delivered without fail everytime, giving my new brush a bit of run out for a few days before I go back to my normal rotation, two pass shave with minor touch up.

SOTD005.jpg

Back
Top Bottom