Such a sweet blade and both brush and soap's spot on :D
007800x591-1.jpg

Saturday

Razor: Injector Adjustable set on 6
Blade: Schick (4)
Soap: Cella
Brush: 57 Super 2 band

e2ecd9a7.jpg

What can I say. This razor is fantastic. BBS smooth. No balm needed, just straight to AS splash and zero burn.

Saturday

Feather AC SS
Feather Proguard Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
TOBS St. James Shaving Cream
Alum
Clinique Post Shave Soother

My previous 2 shaves included the same kit, but using Cella instead of the TOBS cream. The previous 2 shaves were much better.

Ian

Dipesh said:
Saturday

e2ecd9a7.jpg

What can I say. This razor is fantastic. BBS smooth. No balm needed, just straight to AS splash and zero burn.

Lovely picture, mate.

Ian

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Personna74 (NOS)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
SebaMed AS Balsam
The Gentlemans Quarter 'Leatherneck' extrait (almost out of this great extinct frag...sigh)

Finally decided on using this somewhat legendary old Personna blade. I tried one years ago and remembered it to be excellent, so I was looking forward to taking this one for a spin. Came from the limitless arsenal of my benefactor Bob, and I've been saving the thing for a few months now.

Well, you guys need to try one of these sometime. I'll maybe review it later because I need to tweak things a little. Yeah, the razor setting may be a smidge high and next shave it'll go down one number. My face doesn't have quite as nice a feel to the post shave thing as I'm used to. Really close shave though....whew. For right now I'll just say the blade is VERY sharp and smooth and effortless. Maybe not the most forgiving, but that may just be user error. They kinda remind me of a Feather in some ways.

Oh yeah, one thing these blades are known for is how many good shaves they give up. I've heard 10 isn't unreasonable to expect in some cases.

BBS results,

Martin

The $5 (flea market deal of the day found years ago) Executive 'control' razor:

Attachments

• Personna74 001 (Small).jpg
    Personna74 001 (Small).jpg
    53 KB · Views: 22
  • Personna74 003 (Small).jpg
    Personna74 003 (Small).jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Personna74 004 (Small).jpg
    Personna74 004 (Small).jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 13
IanM said:
Saturday

Feather AC SS
Feather Proguard Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
TOBS St. James Shaving Cream
Alum
Clinique Post Shave Soother

My previous 2 shaves included the same kit, but using Cella instead of the TOBS cream. The previous 2 shaves were much better.

Ian

Dipesh said:
Saturday

e2ecd9a7.jpg

Lovely picture, mate.

Ian

Cheers Ian :D

Omega Boar
Nanny's Patchouli soap
#21 Aristocrat
Personna med prep blade
Barbershop Bay Rum AS

Great shave, a couple of days' growth despatched in two passes.

Took me a while to realise that was also a shave of the day picture. I was still looking at the female element.

Saturday

MÜHLE R89
Personna IP (7)
Coates LE cream
NF 2221
GFT Limes skin food
GFT Moisturiser

Nice shave, but was pushing it a little with the blade after 7 days use. Fresh blade tomorrow.

Saturday 11-26-11. MUSIC: The B-52's_LP B-52's.

b52disco.jpg

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - Morris & Forndran 25X53 Blonde Badger - Merkur Slant vintage - Feather #1 - Pre JASÖN - Valobra stick shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Sul Filo del Rasoio - ASL Pinaud Clubman Musk.

PIC_0011-1.jpg

Saturday:

Merkur HD 34c
7 o'clock green (Russian)
Neep box wood silvertip
Coate's Lime cream

After yesterday's enjoyable Injector interlude, it was back to the DE today. Top performance from all the team.

img4338x.jpg

Today.

Hot shower prep.
Soundtrack - Marc Cohn
Gillette Slim Adjustable
Wilkinson Sword (1st try with an unfamiliar blade)
Kappus cream
NF 2207

Splendid lather, decent blade. Two and a bit passes. Felt the alum sting a bit so I suspect I applied pressure inadvertently.

Old spice original sensitive splash then some Bulldog Sensitive.

Nice shave.

Schick adjustable injector
St. James Founders Reserve Cedarwood and Clarysage shaving cream
Started and finished on setting 5 (the highest) with bundled Schick Platinum Plus blades
Proraso for the small sore bits

These Schick blades aren't much (if any) better than those which came with my PAL injector. Tomorrow I'll use the Gillette injector blades which Dodgy has advised are very sharp. Better dial it down a bit.

The shaving cream has a lovely and medium strength smell which has lingered (shaved fifteen minutes ago). Haven't used it before but was in TK Maxx doing the xmas shopping and thought at £5.99 it was worth a pop. They didn't have any TOBS creams. The fact that the underside says made by Creightons was reassuring. Cream was very good. I noticed that it is free of SLS and parabens - says life after opening is six months. Better use it all up and buy some more. No bad thing at this price and with the easy lather and classy smell.

This evening:

Hot shower
Feather Artist Club RG (wood), ProGuard blade (6)
Trumper's Lime soap
New Forest Tubby 2
Nivea ASB

Better consistently of lather tonight as I finished up hard soap week - loaded longer and drier. Since it's an evening shave with plenty of time I decided to go for as close as I could. Five neck passes later I'm as close to BBS as I think I can currently get with one of these. Certainly wouldn't want to go to these lengths every shave, and I felt it a little on rinse, but it's a very satisfactory result indeed.

Back
Top Bottom