Shave of the day w/c 26/11/2011

Saturday morning:

T+H hard soap
Edwin Jagger black badger
Merkur 34C HD
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (1)
Ogalalla bay rum limes and peppercorns

The first team. Decent shave, if rushed, (family needed me to take them shopping). Pretty smooth and fairly comfortable.

Preparation in the shower: Body Shop face scrub
Cream: St James Of London Founders Reserve Clearwood and Clarysage
Brush: Omega Syntex 90065 white bristle
Razor: Merkur 25C open comb
Blade: Feather.

I only use Feather blades in the Merkur and the shave is surprisingly mild.
I use all other blades in the EJ Chatsworth Barley chrome. For blade rotation I place different brands in alternate layers into the blade tray. After 4 days the next blade will be a Wilkinson Sword Classic to use with the Chatsworth.

I'm getting used to shaving ATG, on the 3rd pass, and there is no irritation at all. I think the trick is to only shave ATG on the 3rd pass, because by then the stubble is reduced right down to a tip.

Pre : Hot Shower followed by AOS Pre shaving oil Sandelwood
Razor : Merkur 25C
Blade : Treet
Brush : AOS Pure Badger
Schwarzweisskeramik Mug Style [/size]
Cream : AOS Sandelwood
AS : Alum + AOS Balm Sandelwood

(Thanks for Ansgar to recommended to me this mug ;))​
[size=medium]

1322370517131.jpg

Arrowhead said:
Mikael said:
Razor: Globusmen-Gold
Oh, you've got one of those now. Must say, that's awfully pretty, but I thought you would have held out for one of the pink ones. :angel:

Yeah, I've seen Ralfys and it's a piece of art and I wouldn't mind one of those... But that's not happening anytime soon. I've this one for a while though and I actually got two (a smaller one in not that good nick, but was NOS and had corrosion on it and now, after Neil, it looks like it has been hand forged :D).

Dintali: Ansgar's a very nice guy and excellent to deal with + he does lovely scuttles and mugs. But where's the mug? We need pictures here :D

What a piss poor shave I had this morning.
For some strange reason I have not shaved for 2 days. Not like me.
Pop in a new Derby, Superspeed, La Toja stick.
First pass, top lip, slip and dig into the top of my bottom lip. Not nice, never actually cut my lip before. Put me off the rest of the shave.

Sunday

Feather AC SS
Feather Proguard Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Cella
Alum
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Much better with the Cella.

Ian

Sunday Morning

Semogue 2011 LE Badger 2
Kropp 7/8
T & H Trafalgar Shaving Cream Sample
TOBS Victorian Lime Aftershave & 444 Gel

A great,relaxed Sunday morning shave.Time for a bacon butty and a nice coffee now.:icon_razz:

Mark

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest, high mountain badger
Razors: Thomas Turner Everlasting + Gillette Popular (for head)
Soap: MdC
AS/edt: Paco Rabanne, Ultraviolet
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Smoooth and clean, all over upper part :D

Turner sure knew how to make a smooth razor and I really like these smokey horn scales, been to long since I used it last time :D
0011280x1012.jpg

Sunday 11-27-11. MUSIC: The Who.

images

Soap La Chinata oliva - Morris & Forndran 25X53 Blonde Badger - Merkur Slant vintage - Feather #2 - Pre JASÖN - Tabula Rasa Koriander & Begamotte shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Castle Forbes Lime - ASL Myrsol Agua de Limón.

27-11-2011002.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

old butterscotch Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Personna74 (NOS.....thanks Bob)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
SebaMed AS Balsam
Givenchy 'Xeryus' EdT (black bottle)

Same control razor/blade and soap as yesterday, with a little tweaking done this morning to fix things nicely. Yep, dialed down one number which helped, and also used less horsing around. Heh, this blade has to be led gently, with very very little pressure even needed on those tough spots. Pretty damn sharp blade.

I have a feeling this blade would be a bit much in the more aggressive razors I use. Just for science, I'll try it sometime in my Aristo and see what happens.

Really nice BBS shave today,

Martin

Sunday, Sunday!
Special treat today! Received my Frank Shaving Brush (fine badger)in the mail yesterday. 1st day of using it! and it didn't disappoint me.
Preshave: Noxzema plus
Razor: Merkur Futur
Blade: Shark
Soap: Omega
Alum
Aftershave: Masters Bay Rum
Every nice shave.

St. James of London Founders Reserve cedarwood and clarysage cream.
Proraso to help the aftermath.
PAL Injector with vintage Gillette platinum blades
Five passes, blood, loads of stubble remaining.

Back
Top Bottom