Shave of the day w/c 26/11/2011

Sunday 27th November

MdC - Sabini Prototype - Merkur Progress - 7 O'Clock Yellow (2) - DRH Marlborough

I'd not shaved for a few days. Second shave with the Progress and first go with the Sabini Prototype picked up from Fido's sale. This brush is an absolute monster. It's huge. Probably too big and dense for my tastes but the hair is fantastic. I'm going to give it an extended run out to see how I get on with it. The Progress feels a bit unbalanced to me, but I might get used to it.

Sunday

Dovo Prima Silver Steel
Vie Long Horse & Badger Mix
Body Shop Maca Root
Alum
Pashana Original AS
lz4as.jpg

Been out of the SOTD thread for a few days due to a cold. Nothing worse than trying not to sneeze while shaving with a straight so its been a quick maintenance shave in the shower with a Philishave, although to be frank the amount of stubble removed barely counted as a shave and it was far from comfortable.

Well the cold has all but cleared up now and boy was it good to get back to a decent shave; as near to BBS as I ever choose to get and no irritation. Absolutely great!

Monday Morning 28-11-2011

Pre : Hot Shower with soap From Aleppo 100% Oliva
Razor : Merkur 25C
Blade : Treet (day 3 )
Brush : Vulfix 404 mix ( New first use )
Bowl : Schwarzweisskeramik white
Soap : C&E SEINNA
AS : Alum + Denim Orginal
ASB : Nivea
Cologne : C&E​

1322456536732.jpg

L'Occitane Verbena soap
Feather AS-D1
Feather Blade
Vito's Coconut & Alomond soap
Le Tuft Le une grande Custom
Alum + Propolis
L'Occitane Bavx balm
L'Occitane Cedre L'Atlas Eau de parfum

Jamie.

Sorry I couldn't post this shave yesterday on TSR because I just couldn't access the site allday, anyway a fantastic shave two pass BBS, The first outing for the new Le Tuft Le une grande love it.
003-1.jpg

Monday

Razor: Schick Adjustable at 6
Blade: Schick (5)
Soap: Cella
Brush: Chubby 2 in 2 band super

Great shave. Also this blade is still good 5 shaves in. I'm shocked!

This morning:

Nivea face wash
Feather Artist Club RG (wood), ProGuard blade (1)
Taylor's Lemon and Lime cream
New Forest High Mountain Badger
Trumper's Limes skin food and GFT cologne

Delightful on every level. Two and a half passes, bbs-.

Monday

Edwin Jagger DE89
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Cella
Alum
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Off out tonight, so a full on BBS shave this morning.

Ian

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Semogue SOC two band
Razors: Hibbart, Spencer + Crown and Eagle
Soap: Nannys french Lavender
AS: Bayrum
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D

I'm still learning to hone on my Choseras and these two razors has been the two sharpest to come off them, so far :D. The Crown & Eagle popped my wifes thick hair just by gently tapping them against the edge and the Hibbart was a soild HHT3. Shaving wise I liked the Hibbart razor best, even though I like my edges sharp. Strangely enough the edge on the C&S didn't stay extremely sharp, after stropping it was roughly the same as on the Hibbart.
011800x660.jpg

... and some:
017800x729.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Personna74
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
SebaMed AS Balsam
Roger and Gallet L'Homme 'Sport' EdT

Razor dialed down to the right setting for this sharp old blade, and less pressure used during the shave. Yep, that'll do it just fine.

BBS results,

Martin

Last 2 shaves:

White Proraso Pre/post
Neo custom 2 band
MdC
Gillette Slim (3) + Personna Super (1 and 2)
Thayers Superhazel
Proraso ASB

results: 3 passes, good on both occasions, left smooth with no irritation. A couple of spots missed though. Might try slim on 4 next time to see if it catches those. Loving these personna super (medical) blades..

Proraso pre/post cream as my shaving cream
Gillette Fatboy on 4 with Polsilver
Proraso pre/post cream as post-shave balm

Well with lashings of Proraso to soothe yesterday's soreness and dialling down the Fatboy I got a fairly good shave. I did two passes but didn't do touch-ups as it's still a bit sore. I chose the Polsilver because they are so smooth and sharp; I couldn't be doing with anything less than a smooth blade this morning!

Took my New Forest Tubby 2 to my Tabac today. How I love the scent of this soap. Great lather for the Chatsworth to do it's job with a red personna blade thats been at it for several days and still giving a fine close shave.

T&H 1805 balm finished things off nicely.

Back
Top Bottom