Shave of the day w/c 26/11/2011

Muehle R41 (2011) w/ SuperMax
Dovo Silvertip
Taylor's St. James (bowl lathered)
Aqua Velva
Truefitt & Hill 1805 after shave balm

Currently at Doha International, pretty knackered and waiting for my flight to Incheon. Full range of the Amouage perfumes line available here at the Duty Free Shop, tested all of them plus the Tom Ford ones for the past hour or so, flight boarding now I am told...

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=25.266170,51.558441

001f48837492d13d8a4a57a18fb355495940a8ada2bab70cbf16e353e7b17f106g.jpg

Late nite Tuesday shave.
All this reading about which Merkur to pick activated some shaving gene that I must have. As I suggested that the choice be the 39C, I had to put my money where my mouth was and take the Big Guy for a spin.
Preshave: Noxzema plus
Razor: Merkur 39C
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Brush: Muhle badger
Soap: Tabac original
Aftershave: Masters Bay Rum
Yes, I made the right choice Pick: the 39C. Truly a 2 pass razor.

[
size=medium] Pre : Hot Shower followed with Pre Cream EJ
Razor : Merkur 37G
Blade : Feather 1day
Brush : Semogue LE 2011 #15 Finest Bristle size 1
Moss Scuttle
Soap : Palmolive
AS : Alum + Old Spice LAGOON
ASB : Institut Karite [/size]

1322630336761.jpg

Schick Injector on setting 2
Gillette Platinum Plus blade (fresh)
St. James of London Founder's Reserve cedarwood and clarysage cream

Ok Dodgy, I tried the Schick again but dialled down a bit further and applied a little more pressure. It works! Two passes got me a VERY close shave - I was even able to get across the grain on the neck. Granted, there were a few nicks. The worst was when I was doing a sideways motion to catch the edge of the mouth and cut through my lip. Blood, blood and more blood. Hmm, styptic will sting like Gordon Sumner so Proraso cut gel might be better. Squeeze. Solid. Ah. Well, grab a bit and try to rub it in. Stemmed the blood a bit. Few spots under the chin too.
I'm pleased that I finally got the result though. I guess I was chopping and changing too much. When I pass this set on I've gotta get the hang of my non-adjustable PAL injector and PAL/GEM blades I have, but once I get used to that razor's aggression level I can hopefully tailor it to suit. Thanks for all your help with technique Dodgy, and for lending me the kit in the first place.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Neep, coffee bean brush
Razor: C V Heljestrand, frameback
Cream: Muhle
AS: Old Spice, Fresh Lime
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Ok, that was Mr Nick Senior telling me to not be in hurry, he told me with an almost 2 inches long and very thin nick. Nothing serious though, but a healthy reminder... Nice cream though, easy to use and very nice "cover", even though this frameback was used to harshly.
007800x568.jpg

... and of course, with this brush, this mornings coffee:
014800x670.jpg

andyjreid said:
N_Architect said:
Full range of the Amouage perfumes line available here at the Duty Free Shop

.... on top of the buying spree earlier this week? Amouage certainly aint cheap ;)

That won't stop him. He's a man on a mission!! :D

Ian

Wednesday

Edwin Jagger DE89
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Cella
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Last day with the tash. I'm looking forward to removing it this evening.

Ian

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Schick Super Stainless Krona (NOS)
Rivivage SS
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
Paloma Picasso 'Minotaure' EdT

Second shave with this old Schick Krona.......nice, but I prefer a little sharper blade.

BBS results,

Martin

Last Night

Merkur 38B
Gillette 7 O Clock (Russian Green) (1)
TOBS Eton College
Semogue 610
Floid Blue

First use of a Green 7 O'Clock and a bit of a letdown. The end results were fairly smooth, but the shave seemed a little uncomfortable and nicked myself of the chin twice.

On a different note, it was the last of the Eton College, the first cream I have finished since getting into this 'hobby'. It's actually become my 2nd favourite behind Jermyn Street, so I will be looking to add it back into the rotation at some point.

Wednesday, November 30. Good Morning!

Morning Coffee: Hills Brothers Original Blend
Prep: Wash face with Musgo Real Glyce Lime
Razor: Schick G1
Blade: Schick
Soap: SPEICK Cream
Brush: D.R. Harris H2
Scuttle: Dirty Bird 1.5
Post: Cold water rinse followed by some SPEICK After Shave Lotion

[attachment=3890]

Attachments

• Photo0946.jpg
    Photo0946.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 11
Wednesday 11-30-11. MUSIC: David Bowie_LP Aladdin Sane.

B0000942MU.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

Soap La Chinata oliva - Morris & Forndran 25X53 Blonde Badger - Merkur 39C Slant - DERBY Extra #1 - Pre JASÖN - TABAC shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Truefitt & Hill - ASL Opaline.

30-11-2011.jpg

Wednesday:

Gillette #58
7 o'clock green (Russian)
Neep box wood silvertip
Coate's Lime cream

This old Coate's cream is tremendous stuff - it produces some of the most abundant, rich and creamy lather I've ever had the pleasure to experience. A splendid shave :icon_biggrin:

58az.jpg

Hot Towel Prep
Merkur 38B
Gillette 7 O'Clock Green (2)
Unbranded Badger Brush
Mitchells Wool Fat
Old Spice A/S

Not as disappointing as yesterday's first effort with the 7 O'Clock Green, but still something about it that wasn't quite as nice as other blades. I've plenty to get through, but I don't think there is much point looking at these longer term when there are several other blades that I've been more than happy with.

Nice to use the Wool Fat though, it's been a fair while and I should use it more. All these stories about struggling to lather it with hard water don't seem to be an issue for me - unless I just have a low standard of lathering. It works up a nice enough lather than gives me great cushion and I love the soft moisturising feeling the lanolin leaves post shave.

Back
Top Bottom