Shave of the day W/C 21/05/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday

Gillette Tuckaway > Wilkinson > Vielong AC.com LE > Old Spice shave cream and after shave > La Toja balsamo > Diptyque Tam Dao Eau de Toilette

SOTD_25May.jpg

Very close and comfortable. One of best shaves ever with a DE.

Wedesday - Mid week hump.

Hot towl
Gillette Fatboy (Setting 2)
Feather double edge razor blade (new)
Vulfix 404 Brush (Boar/badger mix)
Taylor of Old Bond St Shaving Cream (Avocado)
Alum block
Witch hazel
Trumpers Skin Food (Limes)
Taylor's of old Bond Street Aftershave (No.74 Victorian Lime)

wanted to try the new Fatboy but dialed down to get used to the razor, went WTG and XTG and wow the fatboy is good!

Thanks Max for supplying my razor addiction! :lol:

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest knot in barber handle
Razor: Thomas Turner´s Everlasting
Soap: MdC
AS: Proraso
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
Love this wedgy blade to bits!
011800x583.jpg

Dr Rick said:
I also suspect it will be fine - but blood poisoning sucks. I shall seek opinions from the biologists at work tomorrow and see. Boots is on the way home anyway.

I was shaking it dry and slipped on the handle. Lesson: keep lid shut in future.

It's not just a RAS thing - if it were I'd just jump to the Gillette Ian sent me!

I once dropped an electric razor into the toilet. I was cleaning it and off it went. I didn't dash to rescue it, I just stood with an expression of resignation as I watched the bubbles exit the casing.

In later life, I learned that was the best place for it.

Ian

Wednesday, 05-25-11.

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Morris & Forndran two bands 25x53 - Gillette Rocket HD500 - Polsilver #1 - Pre PREP - TOBS Avocado shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Truefitt & Hill - ASL Grey Flannel.

Afeitado25-05-11001.jpg

Wednesday

Tabac Soap, New Forest 2213, Rolls Razor, Alum, Tabac AS
1_f.jpg

Attempted to hone the blade on my stones but its not as sharp as my straights. Still a good shave but a couple of rough patches.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1955 President/Iridium
MWF
SebaMed AS balm
Jacomo de Jacomo EdT

Been a while since last shaving with the Prez. Very similar performance to an Aristocrat far as bite and comfort goes. This one's got the Rhodium plating though, and I gotta admit to liking that finish quite a bit. Basically, it's a Diplomat with a different plating. One of my favorite fixed head razors that I could use every day without a problem

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• President 002.jpg
    President 002.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 63
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom