Tuesday

Same setup as y'day:

Rex Eskilstuna 5/8 (strops: Dovo)
Simpson Duke 3
D.R. Harris Marlborough shave stick
D.R. Harris Marlborough after shave lotion
Penhaligons Opus 1870 after shave balm
Penhaligons Opus 1870 Eau de Toilette

Did not rush but pushed a bit more today, couple of small nicks and a bit of irritation on my right side, unnecessary really. :(
Left side of face and neck (since I shave it with my left hand) came out in top shape, funny how the 'untrained' left arm is better in shaving... :)

Tuesday

Hot towl
Merkur 34c
Gillette 7 O' Clock Double Edged Razor Blades (Yellow box)
Pure Badger Shaving Brush
Cyril Salter Luxury Shaving Cream (Rose)
Alum
Witch Hazel (distilled from Boots chemist)
Trumpers skin food (Coral)
D R Harris Pink Aftershave Lotion

Felt like a change and brought out the Merkur, nice two pass (WTG & XTG) with a nice smooth face to deal with what the day make bring me.

N_Architect said:
Did not rush but pushed a bit more today, couple of small nicks and a bit of irritation on my right side, unnecessary really. :(
Left side of face and neck (since I shave it with my left hand) came out in top shape, funny how the 'untrained' left arm is better in shaving... :)

Nice work K! It´s a funny fact indeed and I´ve got a theory about it :D It´s becuase you´re more careful/unsecure with that hand and as a result use igther presure ... :D If you thought you used the lightest presure when you where DE shaving you thought wrong.

Empire Day

A good shower using Imperial Leather, obviously.

Gillette OC (Canada)
Wilkinson SS (1) (India)
Simpson's Wee Scot (England with celtic overtones)
Yardley Shaving Soap (England)

EJ Sandalwood ASM (England / India)

Not a bad shave at all - I was dreading using the blade - but sacrifices must be made in the name of the Empire and this was a scratch team.

The Regiment!!

;)

Tuesday

Merkur 38C
Feather Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Bulldog asb

The combination of the slightly aggresive 38C and the Feather blade means that, on my face at least, a WTG pass and an XTG pass are enough. As close to BBS as one can get. A very light ATG pass on the neck and all is sorted.

My poor cake of MWF is getting thin and cracked, and if you take it out of the bowl, it's actually in 2 pieces.

Ian

Tuesday

A. Jnr & GP(1)
T&H Almond & Commodore
Pinaud Clubman AS

Not a fab shave today, I'll put it down to the razor change, hopefully tomorrow will be better.

That said, although I like the look of the razor, I nearly sold it previously after a poor run and am starting to wonder if for me at least it talks the talk - but doesn't walk the walk :|

Music: Rammstein - Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da

Hot face soak
Gillette Fatboy with Shark SS (1)
New Forest Tubby 2
Provence Sante Shaving Soap
Three passes and head shave
Sunbury's Bay Rum aftershave
PompeyBill's Orange/Neroli/Patchouli Cologne

Always dangerous listening to Rammstein (my favourite band) when shaving but no problems this morning as I, again, achieved a brilliantly BBS shave. My face feels great ever since I've started using the Sharks and the Tubby, just when you think you can't get any better you discover beauties such as these.

Dr Rick said:
I've noticed that a shave that feels good to the hand before rinsing off then feels rubbish shortly after cold water and balm, then good again a half hour later. Presumably this is the skin tightening around the hair? I thought I was going (more) mental at first.

Yes, the skin expands and contracts with temperature and moisture changes. The real test of a shave for me is checking it once I am at work by having a quick "faceturbate" whenI arrive at my desk.

Ian

Tuesday morning
Good one (very, very clean)! :D
002800x759.jpg

Tuesday

TOBS lavender cream
EJ black badger
Merkur 34C HD
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (2)
TOBS traditional bay rum

This bay rum is not long lasting and so rarely gets a run out, but it's very spicy and old fashioned.
Arrr, I am a pirate.

Tuesday:

C V Heljestrand 4/8
Red tip + Voskhod
New Forest tortoiseshell chunky
Taylor's avocado cream
Bulldog asb

A similar experience to yesterday's straight shave. The 'tache and chin areas are most tricky, and the areas I'm most likely to get a nick or weeper (both today). That said, I'm gradually gaining confidence. And still enjoying it too :)

Jos

Tuesday, 05-24-11. MUSIC: Lou Reed_LP_Coney Island Baby (1976).

ConeyIslandBaby_170x170.jpg

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Morris & Forndran two bands 25x53 - Gillette Rocket HD500 - Super-Max Superplatinum #2 - Pre PREP - TOBS Jermyn Street Collection shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - Gel aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1 - ASL TOBS Jermyn Street Collection.

Afeitado24-05-11.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Feather
MWF
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Hai Karate 'Oriental Spice' AS (used as cologne)

This blade fits perfectly with my dialed in Executive. There's very few razors that tame the Feather so well, and this combo always results in a smoother than usual shave that's extremely comfortable. I could easily make this my go to set up, and have done just that in the past. Really a super blade in the right razor.

Man.....I gotta start using the MWF more often. Nothing bad I can say about this excellent product. Even the scent is quite nice........kinda like Sunday dinner featuring some ripe three year old mutton. Yummy!

BBS results,

Martin

MONDAY :shave
Razor: Merkur 13c OC
Blade: All American
Brush: Colonel X2L
Soap: Erasmic Shave Cream
AS: Sunburyboys Bay Rum

TUESDAY :shave
Razor: Merkur 13c OC
Blade: Lucky (Made in American Style?)
Brush: Colonel X2L
Soap: Boots Shave Stick
AS: Old Spice

I think that the blades are made in the same factory, as they are both made in a dark blue steel, with 'Stainless' edges. And both blades are VERY thick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom