Shave of the day W/C 21/05/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday

White proraso Pre/post
Neo Custom 2 Band
Provence Sante
7 oclock New OC head + Bull mastiff + red IP (3)
Thayers
Proraso ASB

3 passes + touch ups. Smooth and no irritation.

Anyone know why I would have reverted to the orginal forum format on these boards?? I havent done anything with my browser ( firefox) and it looks bad..

Today I shave after a week without it... :oops:

New Forest Tubby 2 (2 bands)
Merkur Progress + Gillette Bleue Extra
Denim Original Shaving Cream
Carrefour "cortasangres" stick
Aqua Velva Lotion
Floid Balm

Today also I have had to use the stick cortasangres, but despite this I liked the blades Gillette Bleue, I have found that cuts very well and yet is soft, a good discovery

Saturday

5/8 Rauh Gebruder
Scottish Fine Soap Classic Male Grooming Shaving Soap
Simpsons Commodore X1
Body Shop White Musk for Men AS Balm
Body Shop White Musk for Men EDT

Sunday

6/8 Air Brand
Arko soap
Kent BK4
RSC Moisturising Post Shave Soothing Balm
Aqua Velva Musk AS Cologne

Hot shower
Boots cool cologne, mug-lathered in a hot mug
Men-U bristle brush
Boots DE razor and blade, shave #7.
King of Shaves balm

I think I had a little too much water in the lather mix at first, but a touch more cream soon sorted the quality out. Passes down, up, left (ATG), and touch-up on neck. Allowed myself to chase down every little bit of bristle tonight, and am now cue-ball smooth everywhere and totally comfortable.

I was going to say "no blood spot", but a rub with a piece of toilet paper gave a tiny result - but pristine for practical purposes.

So either I'm getting the hang of it or the used blade suits me... (no tugging or anything, so not blunt by any means).

Sunday. Lazy evening shave once the kids were asleep and calmness reigned once more.

EJ89bl, loaded with an Asco (2)
EJ sandalwood and sea buckthorn shaving creams from sample pack - only mixed them cos my portion control is pants and used too much from the sandalwood last time.

Four slow, careful passes, no touchups.
Alum, witch hazel, Floid Vogoroso, EJ sandalwood aftershave balm - the combo of Floid and the sandalwood had an incredible cooling effect, very nice.

Pretty close. Still not perfect under the corners of the jaw (see separate post in Shaving Help in a few minutes).

Really enjoyed this shave, accompanied by the lovely music of Edvard Grieg's Holberg Suite.

Sunday Evening:

• Gillette '58 TV Rocket razor
      Lord Cool super stainless blade
      Vie Long 12705 natural-coloured horsehair
      Nanny's Ice & a Slice shave cre-oap
      MICAlum stick
      Thayers' Lemon witch hazel
      Alcolado Glacial ASL
        • The air-conditioner in a bottle![/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Monday, and...

...always a pleasure reporting my SOTD after seeing Hermit's usual evening shave...

Rex Eskilstuna 5/8
Simpson Duke 3
D.R. Harris Marlborough shave stick
D.R. Harris Marlborough after shave lotion
Penhaligons Opus 1870 after shave balm
Penhaligons Opus 1870 Eau de Toilette

SOTD_23May.jpg

Very very nice, the best straight shave so far. Much much more than 'presentable'.
Two passes and a couple of touch ups, timing was ok (around 20-25 minutes max.), redness as well less than the previous times.
I'm getting the hang of it pretty fast, and I like it. It offers a lot of flexibility and less irritation compared to using a DE (assuming the same 'beginners' technique).

:D

Monday

Hot towl
Gillette Slim adjustable (Setting 4)
Feather Double Edged Razor Blade
Vulfix 404 Brush (Boar/badger mix)
Bluebeards revenage shaving cream
Alum
Witch Hazel Trumpers skin food (Sandalwood)
Genuine Ogallala Bay Rum Aftershave, Bay Rum and Sandalwood

After sporting a two days worth of wiskers the fether made sort work of them, WTG and XTG.

Been left with a nice BBS shave and currently sitting in the office working wishing I was already at home.

Re: Monday, and...

N_Architect said:
...Very very nice, the best straight shave so far. Much much more than 'presentable'.
Two passes and a couple of touch ups, timing was ok (around 20-25 minutes max.), redness as well less than the previous times.
I'm getting the hang of it pretty fast, and I like it. It offers a lot of flexibility and less irritation compared to using a DE (assuming the same 'beginners' technique).

:D

Well done! I agree re flexibillity... You learn very fast, don´t get to cocky now though, that´s how you get a visit by Mr Nick :lol:

Monday

Merkur 38C Razor
Feather Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Floid a/s

I think that this team may be in for the week.

Ian

Mysore Soap
Merkur 34C-HD
Gillette super thin
Simpsons Chubby 2
Mitchells Woolfat
Alum
T.O.B.S Sandalwood balm & Propolis
T.O.B.S Sandalwood Cologne

The weather outside is looking shitty, but my shave more than made up for that. :)

Jamie.

mitchells_wool_fat_shaving_soap_dish__77883_zoom.jpg

Monday:

TOBS lavender cream
EJ black badger
Merkur 34C HD
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (1)
L'Occitane Verdon face splash
No.2 ambulance dressing with micropore tape

Disaster. I forgot to change blades last night so I tried to put a new one in while bleary eyed this morning. There was somehow a violent springy flick against my finger as I unwrapped it, a little pain, and then a lot of blood. Spent the next 20 minutes putting direct pressure on it and raising my arm in the air.

Shave? Not bad, eventually. The rest has been shabby. Wife had to tie my shoelaces and do up my buttons and I'm sat here in work with a big bandage on the finger. Tut tut, careless boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom