Jamie.

JM-br-9.jpg

Saturday:

Red tip
Voskhod
New Forest Tubby 1
La Toja stick
Bulldog asb

The trusty Red tip has had its top-dog status in my rotation challenged by the Slant, which has delivered some outstanding performances over the past week. Today was a fine shave, but the Slant is still snapping at its heels... :)

Jos

Saturday
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Henks 21 mm silvertip in oak wood handle
Razor: Welcome by Thiers
Cream: Salter Sandalwood
AS: Dr Harris, Sandalwood
Strops: Neil Miller
Result! :D
002800x648-1.jpg

Saturday

Razor EJ DE89
Brush NF 2213
Cream Palmolive
Alum
Tabac ASL

Nice. However, today's fragrance is Tabac with base notes of Tiger Balm after the leg kicks of last nights training! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

St. Constantine's & St. Helen's day - 21st May

Started off with my Dovo, a straight I bought years ago. I believe this is 5/8, but it's the one that I've been talking about a year back on sending off to Neil for a check.
I have had suspicion it has not been honed properly, and with a couple of minor rust spots (not on the blade though) I thought I should give it a good strop and a try today.

Two passes, irritation still under control however result not presentable really, so this one's off to Neil with a few others for any necessary work.
Had to finish with a DE, as it is my nameday today and I'll be going out with friends in a couple of hours.

Dovo 5/8 & Merkur 34G with Wilkinson > Omega No. 34 & Provence Santé > Speick after shave lotion and after shave balm > Creed Aventus

SOTD_21May.jpg

Saturday morning

Prep: Hot shower

Brush: EJ black badger
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (1st use)
Cream: Trumpers Violet (sample courtesy of RB73)

Wonderful creamy lather, went on smooth, although think I needed to add a bit more water.

Shaved WTG, XTG, XTG - re-wetted face in between passes.

Nice, close shave, couple of nicks on the chin.

Styptic pencil and Nivea sensitive AS balm.

Kids loved having their chins lathered too haha :lol: :shave

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Iridium
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation melt and pour)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Profumo.it 'Feromone Uomo' EdP

Ahhhh, the guilty pleasure of starting another Surrey puck. Guilty, because these aren't all that easy to come by, although I do have a few extras in the arsenal. This version is much softer than the older stuff and I go through it lots faster. This is probably my second favorite soap or cream.

This morning's shave was one of those when everything comes together perfectly and the auto pilot takes over. Yeah, that's when things can become dangerous because of being a little too complacent. I had one small warning shot across the jaw because I lost my focus.....no blood or even a red mark, but just that tiniest of zings to get my attention once again. Sometimes I need that.

This fragrance is from an interesting company based in Italy. The main guy there and head perfumer has some unusual thoughts on how scents affect us mentally as well as just through the old schnozz. Nice man with unique offerings that I've typed at a few times years ago.

BBS results,

Martin

Today's shave was the same as yesterday's :-

Prep:- Hot shower

Music:- Deacon Blue

Soap:- MWF

Brush:- Progress 404 "Grosvenor"

Razor:- Bluebeards Revenge Scimitar

Blade:- Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow

Post shave:- Alum block and aloe vera

1x WTG, 1x ATG 1x XTG

Pretty much that same as yesterday's shave but I seemed to end up with a bit of irritation for some reason.........

Today I have no irritation......... :? even though everything was the same as yesterday.

Still, I'm not complaining!

Saturday, 05-21-11. MUSIC: Blondie_LP Plastic Letters.

a503.jpg

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Morris & Forndran two bands 25x53 - Edwin Jagger DE89L closed comb - Lord Platinum #1 - Pre PREP - White Proraso shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Institut Karité - ASL Honey Bee Gardens Bay Rum.

Afeitado21-05-11002-1.jpg

Hot face soak
3P Pre-Post
Gillette Fatboy with Shark SS
New Forest Tubby 2
PompeyBill's Lime Shaving Soap
PompeyBill's Lime Aftershave
PompeyBill's Lime Cologne
Professor Blighty's Yellow Unction

Have been using the 3P for a little while now from a sample and, whilst it's good stuff, I think I prefer Proraso amongst the pre-posts. Have still to really try Trumpers skin food though, am tempted to buy a bottle of that after really liking the little sample I got from them.

The Tubby 2 is a great brush, and it showed up a slight weakness in my homemade shaving soap in that, with the extra water it holds, it meant that the lather in the soap didn't last as long as it had been, so will fix that for my next soap. Even then though, the shave I got was lovely and smooth despite the thinness of the lather, didn't get one cut or nick or any irritation, so am delighted with the actual shave I'm getting with my soap.

First class shave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom