Shave of the day W/C 21/05/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot shower
WS soap bowl, mug-lathered in a hot mug
Men-U bristle brush
Boots DE razor and blade (Personna, I'm guessing?), shave #6.
King of Shaves balm

I know, enough already with the exotic materials.

The WS doesn't lather up as quite nicely or feel as slick as the boots cream, but seems to work OK and I haven't had a single blood spot in the two times I've used it - which may be technique improving, I'll use the cream tomorrow and we'll see. In fact tonight was my first ever properly smooth blood-free DE shave - no irritation at all, utterly smooth on the face, and the very tiniest unsmoothness on the neck, about as good as I ever could get with a cart. Three passes - up, down and sideways (my beard seems to grow left to right almost everywhere), with an extra touching-up half-pass on the neck.

Definitely happy :).

Saturday Evening:

• Music: Martha & The Muffins: Danseparc
    • Le Tuft's bespoke Urban Hermit's Black & Blues shave set
      Asco Blue & Red super stainless blade
      Truefitt & Hill Authentic No. 10 shave cream
      MICAlum stick
      Thayers' Peach witch hazel
      Truefitt & Hill Authentic No. 10 cologne/balm ASC[/list:u][/list:u]

Crikey - wot a shave! ... and the T&H scent is light but for me, hard to describe; mossy woodsy scented?
      • Maybe ...
          • Anyway, the cream was very luxurious, and didn't quit before the beard did - and the after-slip? Suh-weet.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

The cologne/balm cream might be a bit greasy, but then again, tonight's spastic muscle/nerve twitches were mostly non-affecting, but one meant a double dose of ASC.
            • Still, it feels nice, and occupies the ol' sniffer without knocking the rest of the olfactory stimuli from nasal perceptuality.
                • Wootness, eh?[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Saturday, 21.May.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
Kim Son Vu Silvertip
Dr. Selby Lavender
Edwin Jagger DE86
Derby Extra Horizontal
Thayers Witch Hazel Lavender
Williams Aqua Velva

P1030858.jpg

Saturday
Creed Green Irish Tweed SS/Gillette # 58 with Gillette Azul Inox/Morris and Forndran blonde badger brush/The Body Shop Maca Root Balsam
P1180893.jpg

EJ DE89
Feather (2)
Men U Brush
GFT Limes cream
Ogallala Bay Rum Limes and Peppercorns ASL
GFT West Indian Limes cologne

Didnt respect the feather and ended up with a nick on the ear and a bit of a neck rash. However the lotion is sorting out the rash nicely and I'm feeling smooth and smell citrussy.

Sunday morning
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson, Chubby 2
Razor: Revisor
Soap: Barbershop, Lime
AS: Old Spice, Fresh Lime
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
This is a lather showel for sure, it´s easy to shave 1/2 the face without wiping any lather off from the blade :D
004800x599-1.jpg

Sunday, 05-22-11.

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Morris & Forndran two bands 25x53 - Edwin Jagger DE89L closed comb - Lord Platinum #2 - Pre PREP - Lavanda shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Institut Karité - ASL Lavanda Eau de Cologne.

Afeitado22-05-11.jpg

Sunday:

EJ de87
Lord Cool
New Forest tortoiseshell two band
Taylor's lavender cream
Bulldog asb

I'm impressed with this blade - this is the 3rd razor I've tried with it, and it's performed admirably each time. Very smooth :)

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1949 Aristocrat #16/Iridium
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation tallow version)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
vintage Hermes 'Eau de Cologne'

BBS results,

Martin

Gym
Shower
Face washed with shower gel
KoS oil
Provence Sante
Kent brush (of indeterminate origin - needs replacing at some point I think, probably boar?)
Rolls Razor
Nivea ASB

Labbit Approved, he luckly never needs to shave to keep that wonderful tasche in shape.

Going to put my neck out and say this is the best shave I have ever had. The two things I did differently were that PS soap and that I shampooed my brush today, it feels much softer for in. I'm convinced that the Rolls blade that I'm using is getting much better too - I might have to get another one shave ready to let this one rest every other day or so

Bit of GIMP post production, not great without a mouse, taken on the wonderful Ricoh CX1

editedsotd.jpg

Prep hot shower.
Vitos Extra Super Coconut soap (thanks Pedro.. :D )
Red Flair Tip Rocket.
Gillette Swede +2
Resyke Brush
Cold rinse.
Barbershop Bay Rum
Music Motown Mix up (play list on iPod)
Superb shave (one of the best yet!!), sunny day, great music at loud volume.
Then off to Columbia Road Flower Market.
Happy days...... :D :D

Saturday

Schick Dial Adjustable Injector
Personna Injector Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Penhaligon's English Fern Soap
Floid a/s

Sunday

Same as above, but use Bulldog asb instead of the Floid

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.