Merkur 34c
Gillette 7 o'Clock Yellow (3)
Grosvenor 404 Bodger
Nivea Cream

Three pass, face lathered.

Dr Henk's #6 ASB - Dutch Moss
Aqua de Gio EdT

Very enjoyable!

Tomorrow (24 May) is what used to be known, in happier times, as Empire Day - it rarely appears on the calender now, so I'll need to conjour up some Empire related shaving tackle to celebrate a bygone age.

Monday morning
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: The Bill, Simpson knot Apua Abalone base and horn handle
Razor: Boker, Griplus
Soap: La Toja
AS: Code
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
This blade is sweet ... and sharp, Mr Nick payed me a visit when I was thinking of something else than the blade ;). Nothing serious though.
003800x600-2.jpg

Sunday, 22/05/2011

Soundtrack: Kerrang TV

Prep: Hot bath, Boots Number 7 Face Scrub & Baxter's of California Face Wash.

Cream / Soap: Mama Bear Unscented Glycerin Soap

Razor / Blade: Merkur Progress / Feather

Brush: Edwin Jagger Chatsworth

Post: Boots Witch Hazel, Nivea Moisturiser, Holland & Barrett 99.9% Aloe Vera Gel

Comments:
Yesterday was my birthday, and lucky me received a Progress from Miss Amateur Casual (As well as a Jack Black kit, EJ Shave Bowl & EJ Aloe Vera Shaving Soap)

I'd wanted a Progress for a while now, and, star that she is, she came up trumps! Even luckier, my Mama Bear soap had arrived on the Saturday all the way from the USA, so I used that for the first time last night too.

So, last night was my first shave with both the Progress and the new soap. The soap provided a rich and soft lather, very similar to the silky lather you get from the Palmolive soap stick. it, I loaded the feather into the Progress and began with a first pass WTG at setting #1, which was very nice and close.
Second pass XTG and, to my amazement, I could have left it there with a few touch ups, but I went on, and made a third pass at setting #5, Diagonal to the Grain (I don't shave fully ATG as I have sensitive skin and get very irritated) and left it there.

No touch ups were required, to my surprise!

An excellent soap, blade and razor, finished off with some Witch Hazel, a bit of Nivea Moisturizer and, of course, good old Holland and Barrett Aloe Vera Gel.

Right up there with my best ever shaves.

Monday:

CV Heljestrand 4/8
Red tip + Voskhod
New Forest Tubby 1
Palmolive cream
Bulldog asb

I had enough time this morning for another outing with the straight, and an enjoyable one it was too :) .

I spent 20 minutes on two full passes, concentrating on stretching and angles. Muscle memory seems to be developing now, and it feels comfortable to use both left and right hands. The North-South passes on the neck felt particularly satisfying. A final touchup pass with the DE topped off a fine shave :D

Jos

Monday, 05-23-11.

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Morris & Forndran two bands 25x53 - Gillette Rocket HD500 - Super-Max Superplatinum #1 - Pre PREP - Castle & Forbes Lime shaving cream - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASB Sul Filo del Rasoio - ASL Myrsol Agua de Limón.

Afeitado23-05-11.jpg

Monday PM

Waitrose pure unscented glycerine soap
Hot flannel
Merkur 34c
Shark SS (1)
Kent BK2
Real Shave Co. moisturising professional cream, bowl-lathered
Boots Freshwood AS
Nivea Sensitive ASB

3 passes: WTG, XTG, XTG. Result: DFS.

Again, a bout of IBS prevented me from shaving recently, so plenty of growth to get rid of. Otherwise, nothing particularly to speak of.

Revision break shave:

Razor: '81 super adj
Blade: Bic
Brush: Semogue 830
Soap: Tabac

Great shave, tabac is awesome, semogue is fantastic and whips up a lather in no time.

Bic blade was nice too. Really impressed with these.

The shave was BBS, started with the razor on 5, 2 passes at 6 then touchups at 7.

Monday
  • Gillette Fusion ProGlide
  • Simpson Duke 2 (Best)
  • Palmolive shaving soap
  • Old spice aftershave[/list:u]

I've been taking a lead out of Joe Mcclaine's book, no DE

Saturday
Mach 3
GFT super badger travel brush
GFT pure Badger brush
TOBS st James collection shave stick
GFT Sandalwood skin food (pre and post shave)
Next aftershave moisturizer.

Monday
Mach 3
GFT pure Badger brush
Bluebeards revenge
Baylis and Harding black pepper and ginseng balm - this stuff isn't good at all, a molton brown copy, smells good, no moisturising properties.
GFT moisturiser 30 mins late due to balm being inadequate.

Monday

5/8 Taylors Easy Shaver
Palmolive Classic Cream
Kent BK4
L'Oreal Men Expert 24hr Hydrating PS Balm
Pinaud Lime Sec Eau de Cologne

Monday:- I was planning to leave the face fungus until the weekend, but changed my mind when I saw my pot of MWF. The Force is strong with that one! :lol:

Tonight's shave :shave :-

Prep:- Hot shower

Music:- Radio 2

Soap:- MWF

Brush:- Vie Long Horse-hair

Razor:- Bluebeards Revenge Scimitar

Blade:- Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow ( 3 )

Post shave:- Original Source Soothing Shave Balm

1x WTG, 1x ATG

I'm still learning a lot off this forum ( and Mantic ) and every shave is better than the last. I'm definitely getting better with my razor pressure, any less and it would be in the next county! :lol:

Thanks for all your help guys! ;)

Monday Night:

• Eclipse Red Ring razor
      Lord Cool super stainless blade
      Godrej Round hard shave soap puck
      • * in unbreakable rubber Marvy Mug[/list:u]
        Omega 21139 rubberised handle
        MICAlum stick
        UH's 'Forested' Thayers' Unscented witch hazel
        Booster barber shop classic Mosswood ASL[/list:u][/list:u]

It might well be battered, beaten, unevenly plated and in need of a good dental prosthetic, ... but! I love this razor!
        • If things go OK tomorrow, I'll have a couple of chats with local business folk - at least one old-style jeweller, and one artisan metal-crafters' gallery owner - RE: de-chroming / re-plating. Dave at safety razors can't re-plate it in chrome, and can't even strip the chrome off so as to nickel-plate it...[/list:u]

Hot shower
Boots cool cologne, mug-lathered in a hot mug
Men-U bristle brush
Boots DE razor and blade, shave #8.
King of Shaves balm

Did a much better job of lathering tonight and had a resultingly better first two passes, after which I knocked the mug into the sink, coz I'm special, me. Experimented with face lathering with another blob of cream for the rest of the shave. Still taking essentially four passes to get BBS on the neck.

Slightly different feel to the razor movement tonight, unless I'm imagining it (not unlikely); have changed the blade, will see how tomorrow goes.

I've noticed that a shave that feels good to the hand before rinsing off then feels rubbish shortly after cold water and balm, then good again a half hour later. Presumably this is the skin tightening around the hair? I thought I was going (more) mental at first.

Sunday... bit late, but oh well

GB Kent T4
Creed Original Vetiver SS
Filarmonica 13, white & green
Roger & Gallet L'Homme ASB
Miller Harris Terre de bois

Attachments

• DSCF0054.jpg
    DSCF0054.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 36
Status
Not open for further replies.