Williams Aqua Velva

P1030870-2.jpg

Tuesday

GB Kent T4
DR Harris Arlington SS
Le Grelot 6/8 quarter grind
Castle Forbes Lime Oil ASB
Terre d' Hermes EdT

Quite a citrus-fresh combination. Perfect!

Attachments

• DSCF0055.jpg
    DSCF0055.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 49
]Monday
Yardley SS/Morris and Forndran brush/Merkur 11C with Gillette Rubie/The Bosy Shop Maca Root Balsam
P1160902.jpg

Tuesday
Acca Kappa crema/Morris and Forndran brush/Merkur 15C with Gillette Rubie/The Body Shop Maca Root Balsam
P1160904.jpg

Tuesday
  • Gillette Fusion ProGlide
  • Simpson Tulip
  • D R Harris Almond shaving soap
  • D R Harris Pink aftershave[/list:u]

My fantastic, outrageous handlebar moustache has now gone.

I was getting distracted by the vanity it provoked in me. And the snot getting tangled in it when I was swimming.

Tuesday Evening:

• Schick Injector - Canadian-made, 1937 Patent, Butterscotch-Bakelite-handled
      Schick Platinum Injector blade
      J M Fraser's Polar Ice shave cream
      Semogue Owner's Club boar in cherry-wood
      MICAlum stick
      Urban Hermit's Black Pepper, Peppermint & Spearmint (-treated Thayers' Unscented) witch hazel
      Booster's Polar Ice ASL[/list:u][/list:u]

Definitely a different beast to tame to the stubble than a regular DE...
          • ... some red spots that didn't quite become bleeders, some over-worked areas, etc., etc., etc..
              • ... but!- none of those minor irritations stuck around past the cold water rinse and alum application![/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
                  • Two passes and a third below the jawline/polishing up (and overworking) bringing off the closest to BBS I've ever had without massively overworking the skin/blade interface...
                    • First pass was mostly spent trying to get a good angle to the blade wtg; second was an atg and as said, the third was mostly cleaning up the neck and jawline areas.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Hot shower
Boots cool cologne, mug-lathered in a hot mug
Men-U bristle brush
Boots DE razor and blade (1)
King of Shaves balm

As good a lather as I've produced, my closest shave yet by far, and exactly mininick closed instantly with styptic.

In the light of this, I'm considering soap/cream and brush experimenting fair game, but sticking with this razor and blades for a while.

Speaking of which... managed to drop the razor into a place I wish I hadn't. It's thoroughly washed and now sitting in boiling water for a while. I'm special, me.

In fact I think I'd better buy another one. The same, so as not to contaminate "the experiment", but different, so as not to contaminate my bloodstream.

Dr Rick said:
In fact I think I'd better buy another one. The same, so as not to contaminate "the experiment", but different, so as not to contaminate my bloodstream.

I'm sure it will be absolutely fine, but if that's the excuse you are using to start buying razors then fair enough! :lol: I think that another the same could jinx you in to dropping it again. How about an Edwin Jagger DE89? They are really good, better than a cheap Boots DE, therefore you are more likely to hold on to it carefully. ;)

I also suspect it will be fine - but blood poisoning sucks. I shall seek opinions from the biologists at work tomorrow and see. Boots is on the way home anyway.

I was shaking it dry and slipped on the handle. Lesson: keep lid shut in future.

It's not just a RAS thing - if it were I'd just jump to the Gillette Ian sent me!

Tuesday, late.
Gillette Slim Adj
Gillette Bleue Extra (1), thanks to Audiolab!
EJ Sea Buckthorn cream
same brand ASB

real slow shave with unfamiliar razor, set it to 3 and had usual 3 passes and wee touch-ups. Chrisbell, tried the upward skin stretching, I think with practise this will be the way to deal with the skin below the jaw. Thanks for the suggestion :shave

Nice shave with the Slim, the only real difference I could feel to my EJ89 was that the slim seems to be a noisier razor - noticeably more audible feedback when the angle was right. Decent result, couple of tiny weepers, happy face overall :lol:

Think I'll try a couple more shaves with it on 3 then dial it up gradually.

Ainslie

Wednesday:

Merkur Slant 37c
Perma-sharp super
New Forest Tubby 1
Palmolive cream
Bulldog asb

An early start this morning, and gone are the days when I felt the need to revert to the Sensor for early morning speed shaves. Now it's 2 passes with the super-efficient Slant, and it's job done. Sweet :D

Feather AS-D1 + Feather Blade
Simpsons Chubby 2
Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes
Alum
Propolis
Duru Lemon Cologne
Liz Earle Moisturiser

The Mother inlaw Joan brought me back six bottles of Duru Lemon cologne from Turkey, I will have to keep a few back for future trades, nice fresh splash of lemon cologne, it really holds up nicely when the scent finally calms down, fresh clean invigorating shave, lovely jubbly :D

Jamie.

untitledn-2.png

Wednesday

La Toja Manantiales Soap
Milk Churn
Gillette Tech
Gillette / Wilkinson Sword Blade
Myrsol
Ogallala Bay Rum Sandalwood

The La Toja arrived yesterday, and this was my first try of the stuff, what a fantastic soap, lathers up lovely. And the Myrsol, WOW love the stuff, nice smell and feels different than any other ASB. A great shave, lovely and smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom