Shave of the day W/C 21/05/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
N_Architect said:
Mikael said:
Result: Very, very clean :D
Nice lighting in the picture, Mikael.

Cheers Konstantinos! I´ve got a window of opportunity in the morning when I can do it. It oftens takes longer time than with a light box, but it´s nice, if I get i right.

antdad said:
Evocative shot Mikael, still need to light a fire this time of year?

Thanks Tony! No, I´m pretty much a happy camper nowadys, without fires :D. Actually we´ve got the reverse problem upstairs on sunny days, but I´ve ordered some sun film and it should get better soon.

Wednesday

white proraso pre/post ( the last of it!)
neo custom 2 band
Provence Sante
Slim Adj. (4) + red IP (1)
thayers
Proraso ASB

2 passes only, cause there was a knock at the door, and I was stupid enough to answer it..

Havent used the slim for a long time and I enjoyed it. MIssed a couple of spots, but irritation free at least.

Hot shower
Boots cool cologne, mug-lathered in a hot mug
Vulfix 404 mix brush (THANKS kev...!)
Boots DE razor and blade (1) (brand new, never been in a toilet)
King of Shaves balm

Came to the realisation that at £3.77 for razor and five blades, it is absurd to be worrying about whether a razor's sterile and safe when I can just buy another for less than the price of a good drink.

Change one thing at a time: today, the brush. I'm holding off trying the New Forest brush for a half-term treat.

It seems to hold more water than the men-u, to lather up a bit quicker and thicker, and certainly feels better on the face. Me likey.

BBS, one nick, and didn't open up last night's (slightly bigger than I though) cut. I went twice diagonally "tacking" across the grain on my neck tonight before touching up directly in. That's possibly too many passes, but it does make it easier.

No photos I'm afraid.

Usual hot shower first
Parker 90R razor loaded with a new Derby blade (PIF'ed to me)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna soap
Pure badger brush
then One Planet ASB

Was very pleasently surprised by the Derby blade, having read some reviews on here about them, I was expecting a dog of a shave, but it was not, the blade gave me an excellent shave, just 2 small nicks, probably down to me rather than the blade. Although I am beginning to lose patience with the C&E soap, never seems to be consistant, the lather is either much to thin or dries out on my face before i start shaving, tried it now for nearly a fortnight and still cant work it out

Thursday
  • Gillette Fusion ProGlide
  • Gillette Fusion ProGlide gel (Hydrating)
  • Benjamin's Bay Rum aftershave
  • Paco Rabanne Pour Homme EDT[/list:u]

Now, I'm sure I must have had better shaves - but I can't remember when.

This is shaving as it used to be for me.

Without attachment to either the products, the process or the end result.

Thursday morning
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Shavemac D01
Razor: Klas Törnblom X
Soap: Provence Sante
AS: Blue Floid
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
The other brush is an old Swedish NOS brush, it´s warranted to be a "digging swine", wich in old Swedish could be a badger (it´s not in this case though), but also a Vole, a Porcupine or a Wolverine :D Razor is a NOS Törnblom blade in custom Ebony scales with MOP inlays, made by Neil Miller (I love these scales!).
002800x653.jpg

Thursday

Schick Injector Type-L
Personna Injector Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Proraso Cream (Green Tube)
Bulldog asb

Acquired this particular Injector recently. It was, as we say in these parts, in a right state. It still had an old blade in it, and was caked in all kinds of gunk. An hour with very hot water, white vinegar, toothpaste, antibacterial soap and a toothbrush got it serviceable again, and it shaves really quite well.

Ian

Thursday:

Truefitt and Hill No.10 cream
EJ black badger
Merkur 34C HD
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (1)
Ogalalla limes and peppercorns
Crabtree and Evelyn West Indian Limes cologne

2 passes, bowl lathered. Very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back