SOTD: Saturday 30 March - Friday 5 April 2024.

13A4B71F-0299-439D-A802-F039B5B24768.jpeg
Simpson Chubby 1 Super
Karve Overlander
Polsilver Łódź (1)
OSP Fougere
Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel
Paco Rabanne a/s

Very encouraging first use of my new Overlander. I read many positive reviews, mainly regarding its smoothness and efficiency, and I agree. Some users have reported a drag or suction effect, and I understand where that’s coming from. I on the other hand, make the analogy along the lines of how well a 4 wheel drive car sticks to the road. The razor just glides around easily and very comfortably, and particularly excels in the atg pass.

Excellent, enjoy yours gents.

The Jupiter is much more appealing to the eye, mine anyway. To do a true test you should use the same handle on both so that you're just comparing the heads, the weight and balance of the handle can change things considerably.
You're absolutely right Toby, it wasn't a fair like for like comparison.

Artisinal April?

Wednesday 3rd April

AP1GczPZX4A6IfMmlMwBvxyRV7yVXSQ84xNWsth_NOhpmBfzK3Jz39o9oMM8nS72S3UVFy3JdjRJL51hOuenTd7BOPtk85bhkscX06fQZ-jmbMswB5rJCXrFyxGNJeQv-diU7ikec4hytX3NnroFNWioqs-_rw=w800

Wickham 1912 Frankincense & Semogue 1250 Pure Bristle
Edwin Jagger DES89 & StarMaXx SMP-800 Superior Platinum (1)
Brut Original Aftershave

Flipping the StarMaXx (definitely EuroMax, presumably therefore SilverMax) SMP-100 for the SMP-800 it's the same blade but with different packaging presumably aimed at a different market or bulk quantity, or something ... I should actually say that I've found these blades to be very well packaged, what with individual paper wraps within which the blade sits in greaseproof paper with wax dots to hold in place. Classy!

I appear to be a little behind with my shave reporting so to bring things up to date I hereby present you with my last two shaves and the common theme, 'Chris, you're a useless old git'

And yes, I am

Tuesday's effort

20240402_172427.jpg

Reject razor - Tatara Nodachi
Buggered blade - Brazilian Wilkie
Feckless fluffer - Hive-2
Sorrowful soap - Officina Artigiana
Miserable moisturiser - Simple
Pathetic perfume - There wasn't one (pour homme)

'I ponder an awful lot about this Satanfriendly chap. He lies a lot'

'It's my job'

Well, just as I thought this would be my penultimate enjoyment with a Brazilian, up pops 117 on my doorstep!
As it is, this is a fourth time out for this blade and it shaves as smoothly as the first and no signs of it losing its edge. I think I am going to be enjoying Brazilians for quite some years to come. And if you've ever been there, you would too.

Not Brazilans but it is nice that Japan has their fair share of fine ladies....

This evening's showing of my tool(s)

20240403_181305.jpg

Some razor or other with a blade in it. A brush and some soap and a big smile.

'Do you do the shag dear?'
'I do a lot more than that'

Call it an evening and let's have some Japanese girlies with their synchronised dancing while playing some rock. Can you imagine Iron Maiden pulling this one off?

I love you all

SOTD: 4th April 2024.

28.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 49 Pro.
Face Lather.
Lather: Palmolive Classic Shave Sticks (Grated)
Blade: Gillette Winner Platinum. (D2)
Razor: King C Gillette.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Brut Attraction ASL./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

Another excellent shave where everything worked together superbly.

I'm enjoying my reacquaintance with the King C Gillette.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD 04-Apr
20240403_161626 (1)-01.jpeg
Brush: C&H 'Bone Lilly' V23
Soap:Spearhead Heather
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: GSB

Excellent shave this morning, second use of the Heather scent and it doesn't disappoint. Quite light but it lingers for a while, very pleasant.

Wonderfully smooth finish and smelling good.

Hope everyone has a grand one.

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom