SOTD: Saturday 30 March - Friday 5 April 2024.

Wednesday 3rd April
Canadian Schick E3 - Schick Proline B #3 - DScosmetic T4 Synthetic - OSP Orange & Patchouli - Cien X Bolt - Aloe Vera Gel
1000018001-01.jpg

03/04/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - AP400 Slim SynBad 22mm
Soap - Maca Root / Palmolive stick Superlather
Razor - Gillette Tech France 33g
Blade - Kai DE Stainless
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Vintage Ralph Lauren Safari EDT
Wk 14 (5).jpg
Its just too easy,
Enjoy your day all.

3 April

PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum
Simpson Trafalgar T3
Rex Ambassador (2)
Kai Stainless
Clubman Pinaud VIBR

IMG_0932.jpeg
A great shave. I used the mild razor/sharp blade principle with my tuning on the Ambassador this morning and had a smooth and very comfortable shave. The Ambassador is a blade forward kind of razor so even on 2 there is still a bit of blade feel and a very efficient shave. The Clubman aftershave has a very pleasant post shave feel.

It's a Monday, but not any old Monday, it's Easter Monday, and this new week of SOTD's started this past Saturday and I haven't posted Jack shit. So probably best I throw some kind of garbage together in the name of shave reporting and just to let the world know I haven't grown an Easter beard. I was planning that for this next Christmas.

So here we have my last 2 shaves as idleitis set in last night and gave my face a rest. It needs it, and I could do with a new face at the same time.

Saturday

A shave away (a bit like a give away except there's no such thing as a shive away) at a Village Hotel. So this one arrives pixilated so you can read it and thematically entitled, 'Villages'

View attachment 118885

Vile ages razors - Ikon B1
Villainous blade - Polsilver Super Iridium
Village bike - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Village Green - Signature Valentia
Vile anus cream - Botanics moisturiser
Village People - Van Cleef Rose Rouge
Village Idiot - Moi

Villages. Invented by villagers as somewhere to live. Village Hotels. Invented by someone as a place for folk to sleep when not in their villages.

'G-E-T O-F-F T-H-I-S P-A-G-E'

A smashing shave away during a bit of well due escapism and to save having to make a bed in the morning. But I did end up cleaning the dishes through not paying.

The 24m Cashmere and Signature are soaping Gods. The Ikon B1 has long been a God. And so all in all a God like shave. If the great man himself decided to remove that big white beard then this little bunch would do a wonderful job.

When I first came across this Japanese band I really thought WTF!? And oddly enough I still think the same. Bizarre. It can only be Lady Baby......

Monday

An emergency late entry before Easter disappears and I end up wishing you a Happy Christmas. I give you the theme, 'Easter wishes'

View attachment 118903

Easter bunny - Occams Enoch
Easter egg - Kai Titan mild
Easter bonnet - Highlander LFC
Easter parade - Signature Londinium
Easter Island - Collagen
Easter rabbit - M&S Spiced Amber
My wife's rabbit - this image is unavailable

'When I asked him for a rabbit I wasn't quite expecting a dance routine dressed as one'

An expedient shave before rushing out to Warrington and to stand in the pissing rain watching Marine FC getting beat. Giles. This new brush had better not arrive with a curse this time as life is bad enough after today.

But I do praise the LFC brush for placing us at the top of the Premier League table. Not only that but it did a superlative brushing act with that winner of my soapy heart, Signature's Londinium. The Enoch? As fast as fuck and pretty damn fine to go with it.

Smiles all round, to be later followed by adject misery

What a better way to end this Easter break than yet more Lady Baby. After the cross-dessing Australian wrestler had left them. I presume to be a wrestler. Which he couldn't do much worse than his foray in to the musical world...Happy Easter you shaving people....

Thank you my friend. I had the pleasure of watching Bolton net 5 on Monday! Their performance was nearly as good as my soap
Best Regards
Brian

Wednesday 3rd April

Gillette The New, Windsor model, 1930
unknown soap
Astra blade 3x
vintage brush re knot badger

A bit of an eclectic combo but the razor and blade (not the blue in the foto) did the business in one main pass wtg, one atg plus general tidy up. Modern razor designers can use CAD, the razor can be machined to nano tolerances and the finished items can be works of art
appealing to our “must have“ desires. However, I do not believe that any modern razor manufacturer has been able to really improve on the performance of these old Gillettes. There I’ve said it. Will it stop me buying new expensive razors? Course not, don’t be daft :ROFLMAO:
Enjoy the evening fellas!

IMG_8922.jpeg

Prep: Face wash with Nivea face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Reggie's Razor- Jupiter + Muhle R89
Blade: Astra Stainless (1)
Brush: Highlander TSR LE 2023 edition - AP Shave Co G5 knot
S Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat

So how does it measure against my trusty R89. I'll give you it's not a fair comparison as I could probably shave with the Muhle with my eyes closed as I know it so well but for the purposes of this exercise decided to do a shave off between the two. Jupiter for the right side of the face and Muhle for what was left. Both loaded with brand new blades.
It's only when doing a side by side shave like this I can perceive the little differences between the shaves. Doing the first pass I could definitely feel the Jupiter has more bite than the Muhle but not by much. What I was really surprised by was how much more smoother Jupiter's side felt after the first pass. Quite a difference! Jupiter is a much more efficient razor. To be honest after the second pass I could have easily stopped with the Jupiter as it gave a very close result.
The Muhle needed the third pass to catch up. Jupiter's ATG pass felt slightly uncomfortable in places due to it's more aggressive profile so for me Jupiter is a 2 pass + pickups razor.

Jupiter 4.jpg

20240403_110924.jpg

My Artisin April Shave today consisted of...
Hot shower.
Prep Aleppo soap (Artisin)
Bowl Captains choice Obsidian Copper.
Brush Highlander synthetic Tuxedo. (Artisin)
Soap Signature soaps Lindinis. (Artisin)
Razor Blackland Vector Open Comb (PA)
Blade Kai Titan mild (10)
Aftershave Signature soaps Lindinis splash. (Artisin)

Fully embracing the Artisin April today And it's been a couple of days whilst I test out the Vector OC on a few days growth.
The verdict was it took everything in it's stride including the head shave with no issues or cuts.
For me personally the OC is the way to go but will go back to the SB later to be sure.
The Lindinis produced a first class lather and the matching splash a first class finish to the face, whilst the Argan oil buffed and shined my head to a mirror finish.
Have a great day ahead everyone.

Wednesday 3rd April

Gillette The New, Windsor model, 1930
unknown soap
Astra blade 3x
vintage brush re knot badger

A bit of an eclectic combo but the razor and blade (not the blue in the foto) did the business in one main pass wtg, one atg plus general tidy up. Modern razor designers can use CAD, the razor can be machined to nano tolerances and the finished items can be works of art
appealing to our “must have“ desires. However, I do not believe that any modern razor manufacturer has been able to really improve on the performance of these old Gillettes. There I’ve said it. Will it stop me buying new expensive razors? Course not, don’t be daft :ROFLMAO:
Enjoy the evening fellas!

View attachment 118953
"unknown soap"???

Prep: Face wash with Nivea face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Reggie's Razor- Jupiter + Muhle R89
Blade: Astra Stainless (1)
Brush: Highlander TSR LE 2023 edition - AP Shave Co G5 knot
S Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat

So how does it measure against my trusty R89. I'll give you it's not a fair comparison as I could probably shave with the Muhle with my eyes closed as I know it so well but for the purposes of this exercise decided to do a shave off between the two. Jupiter for the right side of the face and Muhle for what was left. Both loaded with brand new blades.
It's only when doing a side by side shave like this I can perceive the little differences between the shaves. Doing the first pass I could definitely feel the Jupiter has more bite than the Muhle but not by much. What I was really surprised by was how much more smoother Jupiter's side felt after the first pass. Quite a difference! Jupiter is a much more efficient razor. To be honest after the second pass I could have easily stopped with the Jupiter as it gave a very close result.
The Muhle needed the third pass to catch up. Jupiter's ATG pass felt slightly uncomfortable in places due to it's more aggressive profile so for me Jupiter is a 2 pass + pickups razor.

View attachment 118956
The Jupiter is much more appealing to the eye, mine anyway. To do a true test you should use the same handle on both so that you're just comparing the heads, the weight and balance of the handle can change things considerably.

Back
Top Bottom