SOTD: Saturday 30 March - Friday 5 April 2024.

SOTD: 30th March 2024.

25.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10005.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: MWF. (Tallow)
Blade: Personna injector PTFE (D1)
Razor: Gem Micromatic (OC)

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Yelken Lemon Eau De Cologne./Bulldog Original Moisturiser./ Hugo Boss Dark Blue EdT.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave)

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend... Two maiden outings with the Omega 10005 boar brush & a combined face & head shave using the Gem Micromatic (OC) Personna injector PTFE blade duo. The verdict?. I found that hack works superbly the injector blade sits comfortably behind the blade pins and once the top cap was clamped down the blade was even and the blade gap was the same. Most importantly there was no moment in-between each pass.

I forgot how much audio feedback you get from vintage SE razors especially the Gem Micromatic.

I gave the Omega 10005 boar my pre-cleaning ritual a five minute soak in tepid water & pre-wash with baby shampoo, Dettol anti-bacterial & Palmolive hand bars soap leaving it to soak for a few minutes to get rid of any manufacturing nasties, remove any loose hairs repeated the process to remove the faint natural piggy fragrance which the soap removed and finally a rinse with warm & cold water to remove any soap residue. I let the brush fully dry out for 48 hours making it ready to use..I look forward to using the Omega 10005 in my future shaves as I know it'll get better with each outing.

As with any razor shaving confidence, a light touch, & good technique are the key to a comfortable close shave especially the Gem Micromatic (OC).All in all I'm very impressed with the Injector blade hack, the shave felt comfortable with a very close finish. However, If I had to choose between using the Personna Injector PTFE blade /Gem PTFE blade in the Gem Micromatic (OC) then I prefer the Gem blade purely because I still have quite a large amount of Gem PTFE blades which will take some time to use up with future shaves.

I will however continue to pair the Gem Micromatic (OC) with the injector blade again in future shaves.

A very close comfortable face and head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Hugo Boss Dark Blue EdT to the pulse points.

My face & precious swede are both feeling smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Saturday 30th March
GEM Junior - GEM Stainless #4 - Virginia Sheng Purtech - Wilkinson Sword Stick - Blue Stratos AS - Aloe Vera Gel
1000017959-01.jpg

Faultless shave after 1 day not shaving.
The Suneko isn't the smoothest blade but it's very sharp and got through most of the stubble in its first pass. Second plus touch ups got me BBS all over and no irritation. Skin feels really good.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Suneko Amorphous Diamond
Brush: Vulfix 404 "The Grosvenor"
Pre-Shave: Generic Hand soap
Lather: Imperial Leather Shave stick, brown and gold
Aftershave: Boots Freshwood

SOTD 30-Mar
20240329_175122.jpg
Brush: SOC Taj
Soap: SSC West Indies Lime
Razor: Razorock Wunderbar
Blade: GSB

There is a strange glowing orb in an odd blue coloured sky over North Wales, it is oddly warming and our source of hydration appears to have ceased falling from above...I fear the worst!

Never the less the shave must go on, because of this weird warm feeling I opted for the newly acquired SSC, standard performance and lovely fresh lime scent. All I need is a drink to go along with it and it'll be happy days and I shall ignore the end of days!

Hope everyone has a grand one!

Cheers

Marc

Saturday 30 March

The Yaqi Excalibur is a nice low cost option for anyone wanting to try AC blades. I used the Schick Proline B-30 for its 8th outing. It is starting to tug but still delivered bbs finish with a bit of care and patience. The ToBS is creamy smooth and the brush getting better with use after it’s re knot but still loses 5 bristles every shave. Finished with the delicious CD Sauvage balm so a pretty nice start to Saturday.
Have a great weekend fellas, chocolate heaven for me :ROFLMAO:

IMG_8902.jpeg

30 March

SV 70th Anniversary
Simpson Duke 3
Feather AS-D1
Feather Hi-Stainless
SV 70th Anniversary asl

IMG_0922.jpeg
Yes, an excellent Saturday shave. Sharp blade and mild razor. That suits me just fine. The Duke 3 brush produced a top lather with the Saponificio Varesino soap, a little bit of luxury first thing in the morning, and the Feather removed it and the stubble effortlessly. A great start to the day.

Back
Top Bottom