SOTD: Saturday 30 March - Friday 5 April 2024.

SOTD: 04/04/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild 20, 3rd use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Martin De Candre Original Puck
Aftershave: Pitralon Classic Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a fine day, everyone!

Thursday 4 April
I have @CunningMrFox to thank for introducing me to Spanish artisanal soaps, cheers J (y)
The range of soaps and balms are marketed as Los Jabones de Joserra and are made in Spain by Jose Martinez, check it out. Me gusta!
Really pleased with the result today, all bits worked and bbs was achieved without fuss or drama. I particularly liked the after shave balm, leaves a nice cool menthol tingle after application which fades quite quickly.
Have a great day fellas!

IMG_0559.jpeg

Thursday 4 April
I have @CunningMrFox to thank for introducing me to Spanish artisanal soaps, cheers J (y)
The range of soaps and balms are marketed as Los Jabones de Joserra and are made in Spain by Jose Martinez, check it out. Me gusta!
Really pleased with the result today, all bits worked and bbs was achieved without fuss or drama. I particularly liked the after shave balm, leaves a nice cool menthol tingle after application which fades quite quickly.
Have a great day fellas!

View attachment 118974
Top notch al. Good artisan and great scents - especially this one - dupe of baccarat rouge 540 extrait. Not the cheapest perfume, but well worth the money. Jose done a great job in my opinion with red note. Anticatura has a soap which is -

CHICAGO GROOMING CO. GOLD COAST. I’m interested to see what that smells like.​

Always a pleasure al. Always great shaves. Thanks my mate. J. :love:

4 April

Geo F Trumper Eucris
Blackland Signature
Rex Ambassador (2)
Kai Stainless
Geo F Trumper Eucris skin food
Geo F Trumper Eucris edt

7E510F06-0C23-4AA2-8C65-D8A7B5D40CFF.jpeg
A very pleasant and smooth shave. I’m completely Trumpered up, positively reeking of the scent of Eucris. The little Blackland brush is a solid performer creating a huge quantity of well hydrated lather with little effort and the Ambassador performs admirably with a setting of 2.

Thur 4th April

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Alpha Classic G4 28mm
La Toja stick- grated
ER Streamline
Gem S/S ( 6 )
La Toja A/S Lotion

Not the best of Shaves today, as I carried on using a blade which last time out indicated that it was past its best. However, got rid of the worst stubble without any nicks/ cuts.

View attachment 118983
Good to see the Streamline again, Mike.

Artisinal April?

Thursday 4th April

AP1GczMg0IZKQL3Ye4exHtH0IQqrk8BH_L8BuLF6KYA89aC8--5pOBMAyZSX9jJEEmopifEvAjYDPE4XkjnL6ySGJp0ZhkHX1sG2A_OiOHycj9T4eSJBX36lHzEl0qykItUpP0EcHM3W3e1kSE2T1iTndOPiEw=w800

Wickham 1912 Christmas Spruce & Semogue 1250 Pure Bristle
Muhle Rocca Stainless & Zaza Super Stainless (1)
Pitralon Classic Aftershave

By 'eck, lads! By 'eck!

That was a pleasant surprise ...

I picked up the Zaza duo from RBC and tonight set of to try them, first with the Super Stainless and tomorrow the Platinum. While I have read good reports on the Platinum, citing is as "almost as good as Derby Premium" (and some folks claiming it's the same blade ... despite being made at different factories and having markedly different appearances) the Super Stainless suffers some bad press. I spotted the word "New" on the packaging and have to surmise that this is indeed a new blade and that the awful reputation of the Super Stainless is based on an old blade.

The Zaza Super Stainless is a stonkingly good blade! Stonkingly!

From the off, smooth. In fact, probably smooth is its nature but heck it is sharp, too! I found that out by buffing over an unlathered area on my jawline and finding a neat excision of a little bump. Good to have that popped, I guess. Urgh! TMI? But no, read that again ... it's is sharp and that sharpness is perhaps masked by just how smooth it is. It put me very much in mind of the RACER Super Stainless.

Fans of Lord will absolutely love this blade.

20240404_144554~2.jpg

My Artisinal April Shave today consisted of...
Prep Aleppo soap.
Brush Highlander synthetic.
Soap Bee Clean Soaps Peppermint.
Razor Charcoal Goods Brass Stinger Plate 3.
Blade London bridge SS.
Aftershave Brut dupe.

A very good shave today trialling the London bridge blade, I have read great things about it on here and wanted to see for myself and yes it is a lovely smooth blade right out of the gate.
I am not a huge fan of the Bee Clean soap and I doubt I will be purchasing another once it's gone but it does the job.
I have to say after using the Vector for so long, the Stinger felt massive and heavy as a ton of bricks in my hand, even with that it provided a real pleasurable shave.
Have a great night everyone.
Toodles.

I am not a huge fan of the Bee Clean soap and I doubt I will be purchasing another once it's gone but it does the job.

There's a lot of sodium in the ingredient list which can often translate as "no good ... airy, foamy, light and dissipating lather". I find it can deliver a good lather but it does need to start with a wetted and almost dry brush. It seems to like piggies better than synthetic (no idea on badgers as I don't have no stinking badgers) but if you are running with a synthetic then wet it, squeeze it and flick it out ... then onto the soap for an extended loading. Dot more water to assist with the loading.

I like it enough to think about another purchase, but probably won't. I've enjoyed the fact that it's made with rapeseed oil, contains honey and milk which makes it a little different. I like the cooling (not chilling) sensation ... and I like the scent. I hope you can get a more pleasing lather with the above method.

Back
Top Bottom