SOTD: Saturday 30 March - Friday 5 April 2024.

Friday 5 April

I love the Lambda Athena, but as I opined yesterday it probably doesn’t shave any better than my old Gillette razors. But boy what an amazingly beautiful looking piece of equipment and the wooden case just rounds off the overall effect of a classic piece of Greek sculpture. Plus I do love brass razors, much more tactile than Stainless or Aluminium.
Los Jabones de Joserra Blas de Lezo, one of three just received from @CunningMrFox and like yesterday’s Red Note does not disappoint. Its creamy but does need a fair amount of water to keep its lather but I’m not one to want and inch thick of foam all over my fizog so not really an issue.
Blas de Lezo was one of the most important Spanish military sailors. Hence has a very masculine fragrance as befits the character. Oak wood and smoke, tobacco, leather and liquor. Victoria perfume. Its ingredients include Vegetable stearin. Beef tallow. Shea butter. Glycerin. Kokum butter. Jojoba oil. Coconut oil. Castor oil. Refined duck fat. Argan oil. Apricot Kernel Oil. Camellia oil. Lanolin. Premium fragrance. Rhassoul. Water. Sodium hydroxide. Potassium hydroxide.
The refined Duck fat caught my attention, really quack quack, :ROFLMAO:
Enjoy POETS day fellas!

IMG_0569.jpeg

:love: :love:Friday 5 April

I love the Lambda Athena, but as I opined yesterday it probably doesn’t shave any better than my old Gillette razors. But boy what an amazingly beautiful looking piece of equipment and the wooden case just rounds off the overall effect of a classic piece of Greek sculpture. Plus I do love brass razors, much more tactile than Stainless or Aluminium.
Los Jabones de Joserra Blas de Lezo, one of three just received from @CunningMrFox and like yesterday’s Red Note does not disappoint. Its creamy but does need a fair amount of water to keep its lather but I’m not one to want and inch thick of foam all over my fizog so not really an issue.
Blas de Lezo was one of the most important Spanish military sailors. Hence has a very masculine fragrance as befits the character. Oak wood and smoke, tobacco, leather and liquor. Victoria perfume. Its ingredients include Vegetable stearin. Beef tallow. Shea butter. Glycerin. Kokum butter. Jojoba oil. Coconut oil. Castor oil. Refined duck fat. Argan oil. Apricot Kernel Oil. Camellia oil. Lanolin. Premium fragrance. Rhassoul. Water. Sodium hydroxide. Potassium hydroxide.
The refined Duck fat caught my attention, really quack quack, :ROFLMAO:
Enjoy POETS day fellas!

View attachment 119007
Great scent al. Strong - thick and dark. I always described it as the lowest and most damp part of the ship. Where they keep all the tobacco and rum. Soon as it hit my nose that’s what my brain pictured. I’ve acquired a brass razor this week which I’ll feature on my next shave.
It has an anchor on the handle ( that’s your clue ). Top notch as always my mate. J. :love::love::love:
day talk GIF

05/04/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
Razor - Blackland Tradere
Blade - Personna Lab Blue
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
A/S - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
Wk 14 (7).jpg
The razor head looks a bit strange in todays photo. Trick of the light?
Enjoy your day all.

Great scent al. Strong - thick and dark. I always described it as the lowest and most damp part of the ship. Where they keep all the tobacco and rum. Soon as it hit my nose that’s what my brain pictured. I’ve acquired a brass razor this week which I’ll feature on my next shave.
It has an anchor on the handle ( that’s your clue ). Top notch as always my mate. J. :love::love::love:
day talk GIF
Spot on with the description J,
Well, Im guessing Charcoal Goods brass, but what level have you got mate? Nothing too soft I hope :ROFLMAO:

Surprise Wow GIF by MOODMAN

05/04/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
Razor - Blackland Tradere
Blade - Personna Lab Blue
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
A/S - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
View attachment 119005
The razor head looks a bit strange in todays photo. Trick of the light?
Enjoy your day all.
It's definitely off, Tony - best send it to me for fettling !!

5 April

Barrister’s Reserve Fern
Simpson Chubby 2
Rex Ambassador (2)
Kai Stainless
Men’s Grooming Vetiver and Sandalwood balm

1E18A1B2-8544-4958-8FC4-0C8C0C914F93.jpeg
A superb two pass shave with the Ambassador still set to 2. The lather initially didn’t look too promising, I thought I may not have loaded the brush sufficiently, but several drops of water and an extended face lather fixed what turned out to be no problem at all. Sufficient lather for at least three passes. The Chubby 2 with platinum fibre is a great brush.

Artisinal April?

Friday 5th April

AP1GczPRUH1slE1vz6Byhxeu4_niIdKwNg2MeLGtXK-pjGLazdRQHfSjJLtkhBN_PHzdiwTaen8a00mvV2bQ9_2dwiNi5yh7Y3K0EzKJZFZNWA4cvFTSOPUpfBmROrxZhaCYg1VcCD2h5FG0poo5hLr0RC2iOg=w800

Wickham 1912 Club Cola & Omega Tricolore Pure Bristle
Muhle Rocca Jet & Zaza Platinum (1)
Jovan Musk Aftershave Cologne

Following on from yesterday's shave with the really very excellent (to me) Zaza Super Stainless, I popped their Platinum into my Rocca Jet and away I went! My likening of this brand to RACER still holds up and to me, the Super Stainless from both brands are very similar and the Platinum from both brands is also very similar, although the Zaza not quite as sharp. Furthermore, like the RACER brand, my preference is much more for the plain Super Stainless.

I like the Zaza Super Stainless a lot and look forward to using it again. The Platinum? Less so ... maybe not at all.

Back
Top Bottom