SOTD: Saturday 30 March - Friday 5 April 2024.

There's a lot of sodium in the ingredient list which can often translate as "no good ... airy, foamy, light and dissipating lather". I find it can deliver a good lather but it does need to start with a wetted and almost dry brush. It seems to like piggies better than synthetic (no idea on badgers as I don't have no stinking badgers) but if you are running with a synthetic then wet it, squeeze it and flick it out ... then onto the soap for an extended loading. Dot more water to assist with the loading.

I like it enough to think about another purchase, but probably won't. I've enjoyed the fact that it's made with rapeseed oil, contains honey and milk which makes it a little different. I like the cooling (not chilling) sensation ... and I like the scent. I hope you can get a more pleasing lather with the above method.
I will use my LE2023 piggy on it tomorrow, I will report back any changes but I never did get a brilliant lather from it. Unlike the new MWF that's now superb.

Wednesday 4th April

Soap • Stirling Satsuma
Brush • PAA Doppler
Razor • Razorock Hawk V3
Blade • Feather Pro
Post • Floid Mentally Vigorous

Dismal weather here today. Citrus and menthol are uplifting.

Wow. I was listening to the exact same live track while decorating today. Good choice

Last edited:
4/4/24

Soap - Signature Soaps Capra
Brush -Highlander LE handle/Boti Pink knot.
Razor - Thin Handle Tech
Blade - Gillette 365 (8)
AS - Brut Original

For Artisan April, I used Capra a few days ago and I had a fairly fluffy lather, but it didn't seem very 'shiny' if that makes sense, but still did the job in the shave. I generally associated SS lathers to be slick and shiny. I returned to Capra today, and bingo, I had that shiny lather once again and it was an absolute beauty of one. I must have loaded a little a few days ago, got it spot on today. I think I might stick with it for a while, great post shave feel. One of the few 'premium' lathers that doesn't leave my face feeling greasy during the warmer days.
I've been using my Highlander LE a bit more recently. Tbh, I was a little let down with the knot when I first started using it. I found it a bit on the springy side. After a few uses it's kind of settled in and I am now seem to prefer to my previous benchmark synths, the Cashmere and Synbad knots. I think the Boti Pink is a bit stiffer, but very soft nonetheless, it keeps it's shape in the splay better than the Cashmere and Synbad knots, that are much floppier.
An enjoyable shave too.

1000013327.jpg

Contains 30% donkey. I should be curious as to which part.

Ah ah. Welcome to this evening's donkey tales from beyond the stable, and a tale which arrives with the theme, 'Pin the tail on the donkey'

20240404_193509.jpg

Not there! - Occams Enoch
Eeeeeek! - Kai Titan mild
Duh. Poor donkey - Highlander LFC
A creaming donkey - Savonniere du Moulin
Face creaming - Olay moisturiser
Scent of a donkey - M&S Spiced Amber

'We love you Satan
Oh yes we do'

A lovely return to bring the 30% donkey soap back in to action and let it do its soaping thing. No issue lathering this soap, but I find the only way I can do that brush thing is to remove it completely from the exquisite (?) cheap French ceramic pot with a child's drawing of a donkey on it and use it like an oversized soap stick. And I do like the home made jam lid. Nice soap, crappy presentation. My wife has a Citroën car. It is also French. Says a lot about them. Like their 30% donkey soap.

The brush? I assume Gile has done some kind of a deal with the Montenegro Witches Union as I used the brush during the match this evening and we won 3-1. No curse? I laughed my genitals off when his Manchester United lost in the final few minutes. Hilarious

The Kai was on its last legs and so I said 'Thank you' to be Marie Kondo about it, then flung it in the bin. The donkey laughed.

An okay shave in consideration the blade was shagged, but enough to keep me happy.

AI Japanese ladies?

fleur4apr24.jpg

Fat Handle Tech
Wilkinson Sword Light Brigade (11)
Simpson Trafalgar T3
Seaforth Fleur de France
Thayers Rose Petal Facial Mist
Brut Oceans AS

This is my first use of the Fleur de France. I also purchased it with their Heather soap, and sniffing them back to back, I was not as impressed by FdF. Using it today, it somehow seemed fuller and more robust. I enjoyed it. This isn't the first time I liked a soap scent better when I used it than I did at my initial exposure to it.

SOTD Thu 4 Apr 2024

Strange brew 2, shave
D9E0E62E-D255-4AC8-BA29-4D67C863D33F.jpeg
Prep - hot shower, lather face wash
Bowl - DSCosmetic green bowl
Soap - Wilkinson Sword Shaving Soap Bowl
Brush - DSCosmetic T4 Colourful
Razor - Muhle R89 Twist
Blade - Rapira Super Stainless (2)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum block
Splash - Forest Fresh ASL
Balm - Nivea Sensitive Cool PSB
Fragrance - CK IN2U EDT

My previous uses of this soap were similar to my ventures with the homemade stuff I got from a farmshop, namely poor lather that quickly dissipated. A squirt of Nivea Sensitive Pro Liquid Shaving Soap worked wonders with that, so did the same here. Great results again, maybe even better with more cushioning. Everything else worked well together and an excellent DFS was the result. Happy chappy, that’s me!

0FCBD114-B47B-47A2-B100-BC76FE0239C5.jpeg
And a happy collie, that’s me! Can I have my treats now?

6CA0389A-CFD0-413F-9D34-61C7678DC6AE.jpeg
Simpson Duke 3 Super
Karve Overlander
Polsilver Łódź (2)
OSP Barbershop
Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel
Paco Rabanne a/s

I’m going to have an extended run with the Overlander in order to get a more comprehensive view of it, but it is exceptionally intuitive and comfortable.

Excellent, enjoy yours gents.

SOTD 05-Apr
1000025308-01.jpeg
Brush: Oumo 'Big Hand' Ex ST-1 27
Soap: A&E The Novelist
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: GSB

Cracking shave with a lovely setup. The brush remains a monster, and a bit of a soap destroyer, but I can't argue with the performance or feel. All rounded off nicely with a brilliant scent.

Smooth and smelling good, hope everyone has a good'un.

Cheers

Marc

Second shave with the Treet Classic and excellent in the Schrägschnitt.
Really enjoying the Novus Spice of @BrianH's. Might have to get the matching splash.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Neo Lux Schrägschnitt
Blade: Treet Classic
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: SigNature Novus Spice
Additional Care:
Thank you. Best Regards Brian

SOTD: 05/04/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild 20, 4th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl